Screen Time limits by device

Discus and support Screen Time limits by device in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi now that we are home schooling (Again!) is there a way that I can separate screen time on the Xbox from that on the Windows 10 Laptop. at the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by colinyaxley, Jan 13, 2021.

1. colinyaxley
    colinyaxley Guest

Hi

now that we are home schooling (Again!) is there a way that I can separate screen time on the Xbox from that on the Windows 10 Laptop.

at the moment the limit is for both devices together so i have had to add 5 hours onto the screen time to allow for schooling and also Xbox pay time.

What i would like to do is allow free access to teams, excel and word but restrict Xbox time to our sons usual daily limit.

Can this be done? if not Microsoft if you are listening this would be great functionality for us parents Screen Time limits by device :)

:)

colinyaxley, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Keglovania Win User

What time XBox was used

I receive an activity report for my sons xbox and noticed that on Monday he spent over 10 hours gaming.

Is there a way to check what times he was on as I suspect he was using it through the night?

I only get the screen time, not the times of the activity
    Currently there is no way to see the exact time period that an individual was using a monitored device, although to prevent future infractions, you can set screen time limits for certain devices, effectively locking them until the end time limit. See the
    article that I attached, and I hope that this helps you.

Screen Time Limits
  3. JohnKemp55 Win User

screen time limits

Yes, we’re having the same problem! The parental controls appear to be a great feature, but only if they actually work. If microsoft can’t fix them it’ll be back to having an argument every time we want our son to quit Fortnite (sigh).
  4. debbiehoare Win User

screen time limits

activity doesn't show up that they have been on it at all even when they are blocked , whether that be by more than the time limit or by the fact its blocked .

If there is another account on there it is mine but they need my password to access that ,

If thney have two gamer tags which did occur to me that might be the case how to I associate that with his other gamertag
  5. Jaxpug Win User

Screen time limits

I like this idea, similar to how the iPhone regulates screen time. Would be great for kid’s accounts
  6. Yombi Win User

Screen time limits

Unfortunately xbox hasn't developed a timer yet!
Thema:

1. Screen Time limits by device - Similar Threads - Screen limits device

2. Will there be improvements to time limits for game capture / screen recording on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be improvements to time limits for game capture / screen recording on Xbox Series X?: Will there be future updates on the Xbox Series X to allow longer game captures / screen recordings? Currently the maximum is 3 minutes at 720p and 30 seconds at 4K. I would like to record...
  3. Can I apply screen time limits to gaming time but not to chat time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I apply screen time limits to gaming time but not to chat time?: We have family settings to give my son limits on how late he can play and how many hours per day he can play. The problem is that during the pandemic the xbox is also his primary means of...
  4. xbox screen time limits

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox screen time limits: The screen time limits I set for my kids has stopped working. In the past they were allowed say 1hour a day on the xbox and when they reached this it kicked them off the xbox unless I entered my...
  5. Setting screen time limits for myself

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting screen time limits for myself: Hi. I am the administrator on our family account. I can easily set screen time limits on my kids’ accounts (specifically for xbox time). But i cant figure out how to add it for myself too. Any...
  6. Screen time limits not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen time limits not working: Screen limits on the Xbox app don’t work anymore. my child can just exceed the limit and it just adds more time onto the app. Started happening sporadically sometimes it works! No rhyme or reason...
  7. Limit screen time on organizer account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Limit screen time on organizer account: is there a way to limit screen time on my organizer account? 0fe7ef72-ead6-4062-b17e-a271735fee8b
  8. screen time limit not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limit not working: Hello, Both of my sons have child accounts to play on our XBox One, with absolutely identical screen limit settings. One is working, one is not - he can play whenever he wants for as long as he...
  9. Microsoft family screen time limits not working on Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family screen time limits not working on Xbox.: Microsoft family screen time limits are working on our windows 10 devices but not on the xbox, and only for one of our kids. This is despite our windows 10 installations indicating that they are...
  10. Setting Screen Time Limits for kids

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting Screen Time Limits for kids: Hi All, I just created a family account and an account for my son. I want to set up screen time limits for him which would limit him to 45 mins a day during the week and 2 hours on the weekends....