Screen time not working - appear offline

Discus and support Screen time not working - appear offline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does "appear offline" bypass screen time? If so is there anyway of stopping this? d122b100-968a-4a2e-87c0-0163a111e20e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FeelingDrake569, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Screen time not working - appear offline

Does "appear offline" bypass screen time? If so is there anyway of stopping this?

:)

FeelingDrake569, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

See M3tal Daz3 post with the support link.
  3. FeelingDrake569 Win User

My son has a set amount of time during a set period, but this doesn't work. I have followed all the guidance wrt screen time, and all the suggested fixes for this problem. Internet chatter seems to suggest that appearing off line can bypass screen time.
  4. ThorX360 Win User

Hi,

as far as I know the "appear offline" option should not by-pass the parental control. Can you kindly give us more details about this issue? How did you notice it?
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

That is certainly not what "appear offline" should do. I would suggest following M3tal Daz3 advice and report it as a bug.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

1. Screen time not working - appear offline - Similar Threads - Screen working appear

2. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  3. Xbox one s screen time does not work when offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s screen time does not work when offline: I have setup screen time for my kids in xbox one s. It works when i connect the console with internet but if he does not connect console with internet then screen time does not work. Please help....
  4. Opening screen is crashed and wont go away even though everything else works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Opening screen is crashed and wont go away even though everything else works: The opening screen is crashed but the sound and i think everything else works but the screen stay the same and im not sure what to do about it i already tried switching hdmi ports and turning it...
  5. Screen Time limits not working correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Time limits not working correctly: This has been an ongoing issue. I have specific screen time schedules setup for my daughters xbox one account to allow her set screen times on school nights. Example: Mon - thurs 5pm - 9pm / Fri...
  6. AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen: AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen Hi There, Try holding the power and eject buttons together until you hear 2 beeps. This resets teh resolution to...
  7. I am lost on the Xbox Error Start Screen (nothing works)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am lost on the Xbox Error Start Screen (nothing works): Hello Community, Yesterday, I played Forza Horizon 4, when suddenly the console told me that there is a problem with my save file. I should delete all saves and then come back after the save file...
  8. screen time limits not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limits not working: Screen time limits is not working. I have tried all the suggested fixes but I can’t add more time or block it etc. 5c9f5ca7-91fa-4317-90ad-6b9a22b45189
  9. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...
  10. Screen time limits don’t appear to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen time limits don’t appear to work: hi all, I have read and done everything I can find on this subject yet nothing seems to work, I set up blocks of time for my son to be able to use his xbox, 4 hour blocks with 2 hrs break...