Screen time not working - appear offline

Discus and support Screen time not working - appear offline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does "appear offline" bypass screen time? If so is there anyway of stopping this? d122b100-968a-4a2e-87c0-0163a111e20e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FeelingDrake569, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Screen time not working - appear offline

Does "appear offline" bypass screen time? If so is there anyway of stopping this?

:)

FeelingDrake569, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

See M3tal Daz3 post with the support link.
  3. FeelingDrake569 Win User

My son has a set amount of time during a set period, but this doesn't work. I have followed all the guidance wrt screen time, and all the suggested fixes for this problem. Internet chatter seems to suggest that appearing off line can bypass screen time.
  4. ThorX360 Win User

Hi,

as far as I know the "appear offline" option should not by-pass the parental control. Can you kindly give us more details about this issue? How did you notice it?
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

That is certainly not what "appear offline" should do. I would suggest following M3tal Daz3 advice and report it as a bug.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

1. Screen time not working - appear offline - Similar Threads - Screen working appear

2. I am lost on the Xbox Error Start Screen (nothing works)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am lost on the Xbox Error Start Screen (nothing works): Hello Community, Yesterday, I played Forza Horizon 4, when suddenly the console told me that there is a problem with my save file. I should delete all saves and then come back after the save file...
  3. screen time limits not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limits not working: Screen time limits is not working. I have tried all the suggested fixes but I can’t add more time or block it etc. 5c9f5ca7-91fa-4317-90ad-6b9a22b45189
  4. Xbox one screen time limit not working anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one screen time limit not working anymore: Hi all, My 3 kids have an xbox One S for 1 year. I use the screen time and it was working correctly until recently (except with FIFA 18 which somehow disable the screen time with the EA account...
  5. Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work: I recently started having trouble with my Xbox. A couple of days ago my YouTube and Netflix apps would not load. Unfortunately it is worse now. When I turn it on, the Xbox light will illuminate...
  6. None of my xboxones are working. They turn on load up then black screen.. The home box will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my xboxones are working. They turn on load up then black screen.. The home box will...: None of my xbox ones are working. They turn on, boot up and then black screen. Home menu will pop up but cant navigate through it 79268f49-bc50-445c-a1a5-a035202b36b5
  7. screen time on xbox one not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time on xbox one not working: Split from this thread. I am having this exact issue with one of my four children. I realize the thread is several months old, but I haven't seen a viable solution. 3 profiles work fine. One...
  8. Xbox one 2 person split screen not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one 2 person split screen not working: My son just recived a Xbox one and we set his account up- gold package. Created a second account for our daughter. They want to play minecraft, online server, using the same console and split...
  9. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...
  10. Screen time limits don’t appear to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen time limits don’t appear to work: hi all, I have read and done everything I can find on this subject yet nothing seems to work, I set up blocks of time for my son to be able to use his xbox, 4 hour blocks with 2 hrs break...