Screen Time

Discus and support Screen Time in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Okay, I have a problem here. When my screen time runs out, I ask her for more and she says that she added it, but on my side does not appear. We have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by The Staples, May 7, 2019.

1. The Staples
    The Staples Guest

Screen Time

Okay, I have a problem here. When my screen time runs out, I ask her for more and she says that she added it, but on my side does not appear. We have tried everything, we have turned the Xbox on and off, and we have restarted it many times. What do we do?

:)

The Staples, May 7, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Screen Time

This page here has some steps to follow if
    Screen Time is not working as expected.
    It also has a link to another page for further family feature troubleshooting if that doesn't resolve your issue.

Do you know how the additional time is being added? Via the Microsoft Account family website? Or via a code on the console itself to authorize the extended time? That might also help provide more pointed troubleshooting for this issue for you.
  3. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

screen times

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the
    Forums!

To
    set screen time limits for your child on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices, go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then:

• Find your child's name and select Screen time.
    • If you want to use the same schedule for all devices, switch Use one screen time schedule from
      Off to On. If you’d rather have separate schedules, scroll down and switch on screen time for PC and Xbox One individually.
    • Set how much time your child is allowed to spend with their devices each day, and when they can use them. If you want to give them the full amount of time you’ve scheduled, select "Maxscheduled". (Example:
      If you’ve allowed screen time from 8 am to 8 pm, they could use their devices that entire time.)
    Please check out the following link:

Troubleshooting
    family safety features in Windows 10

This link discusses Family Safety but also has details on activity reports. Give this a try and let us know how it goes :)
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Screen time not working

Hey there ChickySmutts,

Can you elaborate a bit for us? Which setting are you referring to? Is this something that you set up on the Xbox One console or on your Internet Router or something else?
  6. OK Fowl Win User

screen time not accurate

Have you seen this guide? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/29533738-5766-4ba5-881c-c588e45201dc

One section I noticed sounds like your issue.

Common issues with time limits

I don't think time limits is working, because the time in the device usage report does not match what I observe in real life.

• If your child uses multiple devices, then keep in mind that each device tracks their allowances separately. For example, a child who is limited to 1 hour, but can sign into 2 Windows PC's, could use each PC for 1 hour, for a total of 2 hours of usage that
      day.
    • Time limits are enforced based on when they are signed in (even idle time), but idle time is not counted in the device usage report. For example, if your child's allowance is 2 hours, and they sign in and don't do anything, the child would be locked out
      after 2 hours, but the device usage report may show as little as 1 minute of usage
Thema:

Screen Time

1. Screen Time - Similar Threads - Screen

2. Black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen: Ok, so 3 weeks ago as i was playing Black Ops 4 zombies, my screen started to flicker. Eventually my tv was not reading that it was plugged into the hdmi port. It stopped a few hours later. Then...
  3. Sound icon on home screen is muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound icon on home screen is muted: hi, the sound icon (next to battery charge icon) is permanently muted (line through it) ever since xbox one update a few days ago. Oddly when mic/headset is plugged into controller my son can...
  4. Looking for the best screen for an X Box One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for the best screen for an X Box One S: Hey everyone I'm looking for a new screen to go with the Xbox I just ordered. I've currently got a Samsung Syncmaster 2232 and it's the right size for a desktop, but I'm using a VGA > HDMI...
  5. black screen Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen Xbox One X: my console is showing the black screen, what should I do? c02b6cdf-9974-4e76-a6da-a182a6320e7b
  6. Xbox is glitched and it has a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is glitched and it has a black screen: So my friend told me if i change the video output mode i had it on dvi and i turned it to hdmi and the screen went black and now i dont know how to fix it please help Thank you it worked...
  7. Mouse goes off the game screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mouse goes off the game screen.: Hello, recently bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition from official Microsoft Store and the problem is, when I play my mouse keeps getting out of game, not sticking in center of game. I dont have...
  8. On screen keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    On screen keyboard: How do i or where is the tab button On the on screen keyboard I can’t get from user name to the password box f22a6ded-850a-4e35-9e0f-934c5538564b
  9. Blank screen even after hard reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen even after hard reset: I came home after a few days away and turned on my Xbox one s left the room and heard it come on start up and everything so went back in and nothing but a blank screen so tried switching HDMI...
  10. Xbox one black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one black screen: When I turn my original xbox one on the first thing that comes up is a troubleshoot screen. I have tried all 3 of the options available. Those 3 options are continue, reset this xbox, and turn off...