Sea gate external storage and Xbox series s

Discus and support Sea gate external storage and Xbox series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so basically I have an Xbox one with a sea gate external storage plugged into it. I have a lot of games on the external storage and some of them are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SignificntlyAvg, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Sea gate external storage and Xbox series s

Ok so basically I have an Xbox one with a sea gate external storage plugged into it. I have a lot of games on the external storage and some of them are disc games. For example overwatch and titanfall 2. When I want to play those games which I have on disc and downloaded from the disc but are installed on my external hard drive it doesn’t require for me to put the discs into the console I can just play the game. Does anyone know if this would work for an Xbox series s because it is all digital but my Xbox basically treats the disc games installed on my external storage like digital games. So my final question is, has this ever happened to anyone before and can I use my external storage in an Xbox series s and get all my games even if they are on a disc

:)

SignificntlyAvg, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

If it's allowing you to play without the disc, then someone on your console owns it digitally. If it's not your account, then someone else has the console set as their Home and you would be able to access the games or that reason. So it is not guaranteed to work that way if you switch to a Series S.
  3. Smwutches Win User

External storage

4. JosephG7 Win User
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

External SSD on Xbox Series X?

Hi

Optimized for Series X

There are some Xbox One games in there like Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4 and a few others.

These 'Optimized' games will need to be installed internally or on to the Expansion card.

External USB Storage can hold all games, but Series X/S games or optimized Xbox One games can not run from USB Storage.
  6. danielmelgoza2 Win User

External storage

So if i buy a external storage hard drive for an xbox one and use it on the series s it will run just as good as the one designed for the series s and seriesx?
Thema:

1. Sea gate external storage and Xbox series s - Similar Threads - Sea gate external

2. [PC] Sea of Thieves - Unable to move install folder or use 'Advanced installation and...

in XboX Insiders
    [PC] Sea of Thieves - Unable to move install folder or use 'Advanced installation and...: I'm getting the message: This game does not support installation to a specific folder. Everything else on (PC) Game Pass seems to be installing to my new custom folder now that I've enabled...
  3. My xbox sea gate hard drive keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox sea gate hard drive keeps disconnecting: My 2 TB hard drive randomly disconnects and I am at a loss as to why it is doing so, my xbox as of right now is also bugging out and disconnects my controller sometimes but the hard drive happens...
  4. sea of thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sea of thieves: so i need help understanding why i cant join sea of thieve lobbies 83ddaf6c-3e84-4ea8-ad0b-7ad2765eee61
  5. I can't download Sea Of Thieves: Anniversary Edition on Xbox PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Sea Of Thieves: Anniversary Edition on Xbox PC.: I contacted Support Yesterday, None of the Method worked. I'm trying to download Sea Of Thieves: Anniversary Edition on Windows 10. Tried everything google offered me Including updating windows,...
  6. I can't (re) install Sea of Thieves. I keep getting error 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't (re) install Sea of Thieves. I keep getting error 0x80070005: I had Sea of Thieves installed before, but a few months ago a update was released and gave me the error 0x80070005. So I decided to remove the game and re-install the game. I haven't been able to...
  7. Gaming over seas

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming over seas: I have been gaming in the US for a long while and I am planning on going to Romania for a period of time. I am trying to figure if I can use my xbox over there and keep my region in the US and...
  8. Sea of Thieves with Xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves with Xbox game pass ultimate: Hello, i want to know if i can get Sea Of Thieves with the xbox game pass Ultimate please ? adf15f94-78df-4b74-bf15-99bf1e6367e0
  9. Xbox one x turns off when sea gate drive is connected to USB port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x turns off when sea gate drive is connected to USB port: So basically i have already looked up every suggestion in the book regarding to this particular subject, needless to say nothing has worked yet.. i have replaced the power supply as well as...
  10. Xbox Sea gate hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Sea gate hard drive: This problem just happened where my console froze and I reset it many times but for some reason my seagate disconnected and the light on it won't turn back on you can hear it turn on but it won't...