Sea of Thieves cannot be uninstalled or updated

Discus and support Sea of Thieves cannot be uninstalled or updated in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I tried almost every way for uninstall this game. I can uninstall other games. Sea of Thieves takes up unneccesary space.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sami Can Okatan, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Sea of Thieves cannot be uninstalled or updated

I tried almost every way for uninstall this game. I can uninstall other games. Sea of Thieves takes up unneccesary space.

:)

Sami Can Okatan, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Sami Can Okatan Win User

Firstly thank you so much for helping me. I solved my problem. But I will save your answer for different times because I surfed internet about problem but ı never saw solution like yours. Thank you again.
  3. ​Jamie​ Win User

Hiiii! @Sami Can Okatan, I'm Jamie I'm an insider also an Xbox ambassador. I'm here to help you. Please follow these steps and let me know how it goes after.

Open cmd by searching "cmd" on the start menu, make sure to run it as administrator
    Execute this command on the command prompt

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Run these commands on the command prompt to restart windows update services

net stop bits
    net stop cryptsvc
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start bits
    net start cryptsvc
    net start wuauserv
    net start msiserver

After successfully executing the commands, I would perform a clean boot to disable third-party background services that may be interrupted with the windows update services but it's your choice.

1. Go to start menu/search MSConfig
    2. On the system configuration window go to the services tab
    3. Tick on hiding all Microsoft service so that this won't be affected
    4. Choose to disable all services
    5. Next, go to the startup tab and on the window choose to open task manager
    6. Choose to disable each application from starting up when the computer is booting up
    7. Close task manager and hit apply then ok
    8. A prompt to restart the computer will show up, choose to restart

This should restart the computer with minimal third-party services starting up right after windows boots up. Once the system boots up. After this, try to install the game again.

In the event that it still fails, I would perform an in-place upgrade, this process overrides the system files which would fix corruptions or damages within the system files/packages while updating the system to the latest version of Windows 10 again, it's your choice.

To perform an in-place upgrade,

1. Open this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
    2. Select Download tool, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    3. On the License terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.
    4. On What do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now and then select Next.
    5. After downloading and installing, the tool will walk you through how to set up Windows 10 on your PC.
    6. When Windows 10 is ready to install, you'll have an option to keep your personal files and apps, keep personal files, or keep Nothing during the upgrade
    7. The process would take a while and may consist of multiple reboots. Make sure that there won't be interruption within the process to make sure that everything would sort everything out

Thank you for taking your time to do these steps and I'm sorry you are having this problem.
  4. GabrielGolden1 Win User

Game Updates

So i went to update destiny 2 and it uninstalled my game.... Then i tried to play sea of thieves and it wouldnt let me get past the loading screen. My wife who is hardlined to the same internet loaded into sea of thieves just fine.... what is going on
  5. Japie3krekel Win User

cant install certain games

i cant uninstall any games as there are no games installed. and my windows is fully updated.

edit: yesterday evening i succesfully installed sea of thieves but deleted it because othergames wouldnt install and now sea of thieves wont install either there are still some games in the recently installed tab in the start menu
  6. DerVaddi Win User

What is everyone playing this weekend?

Sea of thieves. the update ist great
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves cannot be uninstalled or updated - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves cannot

2. I cannot install sea of thieves on my pc even though i have bought the game on my xbox one...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install sea of thieves on my pc even though i have bought the game on my xbox one...: [img] it says buy game even though I should just be able to download it. 4226fdfb-47e2-438c-8246-3887d9834b19
  3. Cannot open Sea of Thieves game (Please read entire post before commenting)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open Sea of Thieves game (Please read entire post before commenting): I inconsistently get this error when attempting to open Sea of Thieves through the microsoft store/xbox game app: Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are...
  4. i cannot install sea of thieves becuse it says that i need xbox pass but i have purcased it

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot install sea of thieves becuse it says that i need xbox pass but i have purcased it: do i need to buy the Xbox pass if i already own the game 659b33b5-7080-4b17-b978-fca5b90bf330
  5. i cannot install sea of thieves becuse it says that i need xbox pass but i have purcased it

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot install sea of thieves becuse it says that i need xbox pass but i have purcased it: do i need to buy the Xbox pass if i already own the game 23024548-d580-4d46-8d6b-2969bc2fc70a
  6. Sea of Thieves Looking for Group cannot create new rooms

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Looking for Group cannot create new rooms: Hi there, as topic says, i have problem with creating any new room in Looking for Group system while playing Sea of Thieves. Although i can still join other people rooms. I'm not getting any error...
  7. Guys. I need your help. I want ti join tge sea of thieves insider programme and i cannot...

in XboX Insiders
    Guys. I need your help. I want ti join tge sea of thieves insider programme and i cannot...: . submitted by /u/SmartIdiot502 [link] [comments]
  8. Cannot play Sea Of Thieves (Ashbeard)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play Sea Of Thieves (Ashbeard): I cannot play Sea Of Thieves. I can boot up the game and get to the "click anything to sign-in" part, but whenever I click, it will almost instantly go to an error screen with the code Ashbeard...
  9. Cannot install Sea of Thieves on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Sea of Thieves on PC: Hi all, I own a copy of Sea of Thieves on my Microsoft Account. When I go to the Sea of Thieves page on the Microsoft Store Windows App to install the game, it tells me that I need to purchase a...
  10. Cannot find Sea of Thieves on any account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot find Sea of Thieves on any account: I purchased Sea of Thieves back in 23/03/18. I recently came back to try the game out again and cannot for my life remember what email address was used. I have tried all the emails I currently...