Sea of Thieves microphone not working.

Discus and support Sea of Thieves microphone not working. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello There! I have followed every single page of instructions I could find about how to get the microphone to work and nothing has worked. I do not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cyb3rGamez, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Cyb3rGamez
    Cyb3rGamez Guest

Hello There! I have followed every single page of instructions I could find about how to get the microphone to work and nothing has worked. I do not want to have to nab the Discord of everyone just to talk

Every other program on my computer the microphone works PERFECTLY. It is detected in settings, it's the default and all that jazz; but when Sea of Thieves is up, I noticed windows doesn't even see it in the apps section of settings, therefore it can't get the mic. All I did was download it and played for about 5 hours with a friend on Discord but am getting REALLY fed up with a $40 game not working properly. Shame I can't refund it anymore cause I so would.

:)

Cyb3rGamez, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

3. Cyb3rGamez Win User

I managed to reinstall it in well around an hour and a half and it indeed did not work; my microphone still is dysfunctional
  4. Cyb3rGamez Win User

Thanks for the response! While I have considered uninstalling and reinstalling; you are aware that it's 78GB correct? This isn't an issue but having to do it twice is a little much. Nevertheless, I am reinstalling it; thank you for your fast response.

I am an angry; yet polite customer. So you won't hear me going "I'm going to get you fired" or something of the other. Have a great day.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Cyb3rGamez! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please uninstall the game and try to install it again, sometimes the issue is the game installation

If that doesn't work check that the app had the proper permission

Press the Windows Key

services.msc and select the Service app

Scroll down your Services(Local) list and locate Windows Audio

Right click Windows Audio and Select Restart

Check that your Microphone is now working

If that does not work, right-click the Windows Audio and select Properties

In the Windows Audio properties window, check if the Startup type is set to Automatic. If not, set it to Automatic and click Apply to save the changes. Restart the computer and see if this solves the problem

Here you can find other suggestions you could try

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/artic...
  6. GazCoombe Win User

Sea of Thieves Voice Chat Not Working at All

Sea Of Thieves Xbox One Audio Chat
    On Xbox One, this Sea of
    Thieves
    error
    has plenty of solutions. However, the first thing that Rare recommends is to try to reconnect the device, whether that be a headset or the Kinect.

Players must also ensure that the device is not muted. For Kinect, there's a "Kinect mic for chat" option in the Settings menu while it is connected to the console. This must be set to On to activate the microphone.

Like in Windows 10, the privacy settings must allow voice communication and allow Sea of Thieves to access the microphone. For the first setting, players must go to "Settings" > "Account" > "Privacy
    and online safety" > "Xbox Live privacy" > "Communication and multiplayer" > "Voice, text, invites."

To allow the game to access the microphone, players must choose "App privacy" after "Privacy and online safety." From there, the "Microphone" setting can be adjusted.

Rare also acknowledges the issue wherein players join a Party Chat, but they cannot communicate.

"Players who don't accept the invite or join the crew late are not automatically added, so they may believe that their chat isn't working and their crew is silent," says Rare.

The solution is to try the steps outlined above.

Following these steps should take care of the Sea of Thieves voice chat issue on the Xbox
    One
    . If there are still problems, players are encouraged to report it to Rare.
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves microphone not working. - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves microphone

2. Sea of thieves on Xbox Game Apps - Joining a Steam lobby failed

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sea of thieves on Xbox Game Apps - Joining a Steam lobby failed: Hello, I have a problem when my friends who play from steam want to invite me on sea of thieves. I play on the xbox application on pc but each time I am redirected to the steam shop even if they...
  3. Cant enter a server in Sea of Thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant enter a server in Sea of Thieves: Yeah so basically me and my friend were playing SOT on PC when suddently when we went to sell all our loot, the transactions didnt register, the loot was sold but no gold in return. So we...
  4. sea of thieves not in library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sea of thieves not in library: i got a new pc some time ago and tried to install sea of thieves, i did not find it in my library. i have tried to restart and see if i have logged in with the right account. can this be a issue...
  5. Sea of Thieves isn't in my Library anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves isn't in my Library anymore: Hello, (I'm PC player) I have bought a key of Sea of Thieves on Instant Gaming and played it a lot, I uninstalled it 3 month ago and I wanted to install it now. I checked first in Xbox app but he...
  6. Sea Of Thieves Crashing Mid Game on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea Of Thieves Crashing Mid Game on Xbox One: Every time I play Sea of Thieves I can load into the game itself and play for about 20 minutes until it crashes. I tried to find answers on how to fix this but all I could find was PC support and...
  7. Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to...: I got pc game pass and installed sea of Thieves and multiple other games and they all came up with the same error message when I try to play them. I can't find a solution. I am both logged in with...
  8. Sea of Thieves Xbox or Steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves Xbox or Steam?: I've recently got 2 months of free Xbox Gamepass on my PC and fell in love with Sea of Thieves. It easily became my favourite game of all time. But now I'm wondering; after my subscription ends,...
  9. Sea of thieves and xbox app voice chat won't pick up my microphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves and xbox app voice chat won't pick up my microphone: I'm having an issue with my microphone, it's not being picked up at all, no matter what i try, not by the game not by the app, yet it works fine on discord, teamspeak and other games with voice...
  10. Microphone problems on Sea Of Thieves

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone problems on Sea Of Thieves: I have a problem on Sea Of Thieves with the in-game tchat (I play on PC). I can't hear the others and the others can't hear me. I don't know how to access to the control pannel of online tchating...