Sea of Thieves stuck on preparing 0%

Discus and support Sea of Thieves stuck on preparing 0% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Guys, today I tried to download Sea of Thieves using the Ultimate Game Pass. To my horror I found that the download was always stuck at "0%... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Captain Eddi, May 22, 2022.

1. Captain Eddi
    Captain Eddi Guest

Hello Guys,

today I tried to download Sea of Thieves using the Ultimate Game Pass. To my horror I found that the download was always stuck at "0% preparing". I've already tried many things, Xbox App reseted, Microsoftstore reseted, Powershell commands, Services and I even completely reinstalled my PC. But now the funny thing comes. I can install any other game in the Xbox app e.g. Dead by Daylight. However, as soon as I start the Sea of Thieves download, the app lags and the download doesn't start. I'm on windows 10 and really desperate. Do you have any other suggestions? I hope someone can help me, otherwise it means for me that I will turn my back on Microsoft.

Sea of Thieves stuck on preparing 0% [​IMG]

:)

Captain Eddi, May 22, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Captain. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did you try to create a new Windows local account? If not, please try it:

Press Win+R Keys.
    Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    Click Add button.
    Click Sign in without a Microsoft Account. If you do not see that option, disconnect from the Internet.
    Click Local account if prompted.
    Type the username you want, and the password. You must also specify a hint. Click Next.
    Click Finish.

Make the new local account an admin account:
    Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Select the Account Owner Name (you should see "Local account" below the name) > Change Account Type.
    Select Administrator, and then select OK.
    Sign in with the new Administrator Account.

Reset the Microsoft Store and Xbox App apps as you mentioned you did. Restart your computer, sign in to both apps again and try to install Sea of Thieves. Please let me know how it goes.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm sorry it did not work. I know that you tried a lot of steps and PowerShell commands, but would you please give a one more try to these ones?

First, see if Windows is updated:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;
    Click Check for Updates;
    Click Download and Install Now option, if available (check for optional updates too);

After that:
    - Remove Sea of Thieves from the download queue.
    - Completely uninstall Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you have it). Use their own uninstaller (just search for Xbox on Windows Start and click on uninstall).

- After uninstalling, go to Start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run As Administrator” > Type the following command and press Enter (you can run one at a time):
    Get-AppxPackage Xbox | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't bother. Just follow the other steps here)

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete "GamingServices" and "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart Windows.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:
    - Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Open Microsoft Store and make sure you are logged in with the correct account.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Ooen it and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account. If you are on the Xbox Insider program, click on the profile image and navigate to the settings menu. Head over to the General sub-menu in the Settings menu. Uncheck the “Use advanced installation and management features” option.

Restart your computer and try to install Sea of Thieves again, please.
  4. Captain Eddi Win User

Hello Lucas,

Unfortunately that didn't work for me :(.
  5. Captain Eddi Win User

That didn't work either. I'm at the wit's end.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Game download

Is the download stuck at 0%? Only preparing?
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves stuck on preparing 0% - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves stuck

2. Reporting a bug in Sea Of Thieves on gaming cloud

in XboX Insiders
    Reporting a bug in Sea Of Thieves on gaming cloud: I was trying the game through the mobile app using the touch mode. And every time I press the aim button, the app closed instantly. I had to restart it to keep playing but without aiming. I know...
  3. Sea of thieves (xbox live on PC / steam) two accounts and can not access the original account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sea of thieves (xbox live on PC / steam) two accounts and can not access the original account: Hi, Can you help me please. I can now finally get back to log in for this game but in the numerous attempts I have created a new account but have used the same email address. When I log in the...
  4. My Sea of Thieves launches with chinese language!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Sea of Thieves launches with chinese language!: So, my Sea of Thieves game is suddenly launcing in chinese, i have googled the language issue, and everything suggested is not working. I even did a fresh clean windows install, and then...
  5. Sea of Thieves Voice Chat not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sea of Thieves Voice Chat not working.: Recently while playing with my friends I can't hear other people in game. I can hear my friends just fine but I can't hear strangers. This might have something to do with my account being a kid...
  6. Sea of thieves stuck achievem3nt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves stuck achievem3nt: Ahoy there! From viewing your account, I can confirm that you have completed the following achievements from the recent update: Beholder of Buried Treasures Seeker of Pirate Plunder Please...
  7. My Sea of Thieves is Stuck in Queue and Won't Install

in XBoX on Windows
    My Sea of Thieves is Stuck in Queue and Won't Install: I recently uninstalled my Sea of Thieves on my SSD and tried to redownload it on my hard drive to make more space on the SSD, when I was downloading it it glitched and stopped its download...
  8. Error at Sea of Thieves! Loot is stucked at texture!

in XBoX on Windows
    Error at Sea of Thieves! Loot is stucked at texture!: I have problem with your fails! Key from Citadel was stuck in texture and cant pick up it! Boss was near fence of fort at moment of die! Please add function to spawn loot near objects (NOT in...
  9. Sea of thieves stuck at preparing[PC]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves stuck at preparing[PC]: Hi my sea of thieves is stuck at preparing and i just got xbox game pass on windows 10. Someone please help me as i have tried restarting my pc and signing in and signing out....
  10. Sea of thieves - problem to log with my account, I get stuck at "sign for the adventure "

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves - problem to log with my account, I get stuck at "sign for the adventure ": Hello, Having recently acquired an xbox, I took the xbox live and the gamepass to enjoy sea of thieves. However, after a few days of playing, I can not connect to sea of thieves, I stay on the...