Seagate external drive not recognized after last xbox update

Discus and support Seagate external drive not recognized after last xbox update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi i have a 2,5' external harddrive from seagate (5TB, USB 3.0). I used the harddrive to play media content on my xbox. Unfortunately after the last... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrArtifex, Oct 20, 2021.

1. /u/MrArtifex
    /u/MrArtifex Guest

Hi i have a 2,5' external harddrive from seagate (5TB, USB 3.0). I used the harddrive to play media content on my xbox. Unfortunately after the last xbox update the harddrive cannot be recognized anymore. Western Digital or USB sticks dont have the problem. It is just a seagate topic as it seems.

is this problem known and adressed?

submitted by /u/MrArtifex
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrArtifex, Oct 20, 2021
  2. d3xt3r1874 Win User

External hard drive help

There's an ongoing issue with external HDD's after the last update.

Supposedly it's being worked on, but we've had no updates in days. Coincidentally, most people are reporting issues with Seagate external drives....
  3. SmokenSmiley Win User

External Hard Drive not updating

I am having the same exact issue since had game updates at end of March. External Fantom drive that uses a a Seagate Firecuda SSD 2TB. This all started from Microsoft last xbox update. Fantom Drives and Seagate are aware of problem, Microsoft playing ignorance.
  4. TimsGurhl Win User

Instalation stopped problem

I am experiencing this same problem with Fantom Drives seagate sshd. I can see the drive under management and was able to play games until games needed updates after last XBOX UPDATE. I restored XBOX ONE and formatted external drive and no good
    results. I also just got off phone with microsoft support and he stated this is the first he’s heard of this problem!
    Not true! They've known about this last update bricking external hard drives for close to a month.
  5. ExtraBarrel9 Win User

broken xbox update

My xbox one no longer recognizes my external hard drive after the update.
  6. SmokenSmiley Win User

Instalation stopped problem

I am experiencing this same problem with Fantom Drives seagate sshd. I can see the drive under management and was able to play games until games needed updates after last XBOX UPDATE. I restored XBOX ONE and formatted external drive and no good results.
    I also just got off phone with microsoft support and he stated this is the first he’s heard of this problem!
Thema:

1. Seagate external drive not recognized after last xbox update - Similar Threads - Seagate external drive

2. Xbox one external hard drive 3 tb Seagate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external hard drive 3 tb Seagate: good day my external hard drive wont Let me update any games and i will also not install game as it says instillation stops any help please, i also re formatted the external and i have the same...
  3. Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space: I have a Seagate 16TB external hard drive for my Xbox Series S so I want to know if the Seagate 1TB expansion card would count towards the 16TB external hard drive limit that the console has or...
  4. Xbox one x seagate 500gb external hard drive needs a usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x seagate 500gb external hard drive needs a usb: Theres nowhere to buy a usb cord to connect my seagate 500gb harddrive to my xbox. 7a67fb8a-a6c2-4852-9e60-4e41e859210c
  5. External Seagate drive turns on and off every 4-5 sec while system is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Seagate drive turns on and off every 4-5 sec while system is in sleep mode: I have an external drive that has been connected to my previous xbox one and is now connected to my Series x. The issue is that while having the console on instant start. The stupid drive turns on...
  6. 8TB Seagate External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    8TB Seagate External Hard Drive: I connected the above mentioned external to an Xbox One S, the drive now has a partition that I can not remove. Does anyone have a way to remove the partition as I would like to use the drive for...
  7. Seagate External Hard Drive - Xbox One disconnecting - Possible Solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate External Hard Drive - Xbox One disconnecting - Possible Solution: Hey guys! It is just a heads up of what has worked for me. It may help some people with the same problem. As many other users have experienced, my Seagate Xbox branded External Hard Drive (4TB...
  8. Xbox one Seagate external hard drive undetected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Seagate external hard drive undetected: I've looked all over the web and come up dry so I decided to just ask for assistance on here. I've had my 4tb Seagate external hard drive for several years now and it's warranty is definitely over...
  9. Xbox One S,Seagate Xbox 4tb External hard drive light stays on 10seconds off 50seconds when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S,Seagate Xbox 4tb External hard drive light stays on 10seconds off 50seconds when...: Hi all,Is this normal? When my Xbox one S is shut down,my Seagate Xbox 4tb hard drive light stays on 10seconds,then off 50 seconds. I have tried instant on,updates on or off,shut external hdd...
  10. Seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external hard drive: I have a seagate external hard drive. I tried playing a game from it that has been working fine until today. When I tried opening the game it said a problem occurred. I let the seagate stop...