Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

Discus and support Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by 3King2436, Dec 10, 2020.

1. 3King2436
    3King2436 Guest

So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or hardware i have to use what is it?

:)

3King2436, Dec 10, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Seagate external hard drive for Xbox one x

Is your Seagate drive a USB 3.0 drive. If it is a USB 1 or 2 then it will not be fast enough to work on the Xbox One. You would need to purchase a USB 3.0 external hard drive for it to work.
  3. poker7275 Win User

Which External Hard Drive Should I Buy?

I purchased the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STDR2000100 Black last week at Best Buy for $99. It takes 2 seconds to setup and works like a charm! Happy gaming!
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive

You should look for USB 3.0 compatible portable HDD's. I use a 2TB Seagate on my Xbox 360.

Note that you can store and play only Xbox 360 or backwards compatible Xbox games. You will NOT be able to play Xbox One games.

Good luck!
    Note that external hard drives do not have the files needed to play backwards compatible games on a 360. Only an official MS 360 hard drive does. So an external drive would not work in this case.
  5. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

Please recommend a good 3.0 USB hard drive

I personally use, and recommend an USB 3.0 Seagate 2TB Expansion HDD for Xbox One, as external drive is powered by mains plug pack.

Laptop External HDDs powered by USB port, are thinner; but, are also slower than Desktop HDDs used in mains powered external drives.

People recommend Western Digital (WD) external HDDs: But, they tend to use Green drives that don't perform well, and tend to fail sooner etc.
  6. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

JUNE Update - A Few prayers answered!!

Thema:

1. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Seagate Game Drive

2. Just got my Xbox Gaming Hard Drive Hub from Seagate, plugged it in and now My Xbox turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got my Xbox Gaming Hard Drive Hub from Seagate, plugged it in and now My Xbox turns...: Just got my Xbox Gaming Hard Drive Hub from Seagate, plugged it in and now My Xbox turns off everytime it remains connected, it seems that others are having issues with this, so I decided to...
  3. Seagate Game Drive 2TB disconnects and reconnects on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Seagate Game Drive 2TB disconnects and reconnects on Series X: So it randomly disconnects and reconnects in under 1 sec, with the message "Game Drive can be used now". It happens when i play SX Games on the SSD, but also when i play X One Games with the...
  4. Seagate Game-drive voor Xbox One - 2 TB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Game-drive voor Xbox One - 2 TB: is this compatible with next gen consoles? thnks c0d7ed47-0339-486a-8b0b-0fe3c716c566
  5. Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?: I have an 8 terabyte Seagate external hard drive that I store all my games on for my Xbox One S, and I was wondering if I could plug it into my new Xbox Series X when it comes out and have all my...
  6. seagate game drive light out on front

in XBoX on Consoles
    seagate game drive light out on front: my seagate game drive isnt being recognised by my xbox, yet it is recognised on my pc. The white light on the front above the x symbol is no longer on. the xbox is working without the external...
  7. Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) Not Formatting to 8TB!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) Not Formatting to 8TB!!: Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/seagate-game-drive-hub-for-xbox-8tb/8vvhcg3k376q?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab Using an Xbox One X Gears...
  8. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).: Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?...
  9. How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...: I want to delete the games on my "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD" This External Hard Drive is currently on a Original Xbox One console and I want to clear the...
  10. Seagate 2TB Game Pass Drive

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Seagate 2TB Game Pass Drive: I recently purchased a 2TB external drive for XBox from Amazon UK - on the packaging, it says there are 2 months Game Pass included, but the code included inside only provided one month. Seagate...