Season Passes lack of backwards compatibility

Discus and support Season Passes lack of backwards compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There seems to be an overall general flaw with the "Introducing Season Pass Guarantee". So essentially if you purchase a Season Pass for the Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DIPPIN 0N YA, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DIPPIN 0N YA
    DIPPIN 0N YA Guest

There seems to be an overall general flaw with the "Introducing Season Pass Guarantee". So essentially if you purchase a Season Pass for the Xbox 360 and you purchase an X One along with a copy of the same game than you reap the benefit of getting the DLC
    content through the Season Pass as a bonus to you for upgrading. However what I find troubling is that no one thought about those who have already upgraded systems or those who were so on board with the new console and the games that they purchased their Season
    Passes for the new console. Now I am sure I am not the only one out there who owns an Xbox One and has invested in a season pass for one game or another for it but despite the investment in the new consoles are still playing a large amount of their online
    play on the Xbox 360. That being said where is my bonus for upgrading? Why do I not get credit for the season pass on the Xbox 360 when it is purchased for the Xbox One? Why does my investment in multiple day one consoles mean nothing? Is it because I
    have already made the investment and that making content available on both consoles is not required because you already have my money and those who have yet to invest or "upgrade" take a larger importance? It only seems fair to me that whether purchased on
    Xbox 360 or the Xbox One the same benefits should be reaped hinging on the fact you have made the investment in multiple copies of the same game across both platforms. I don't disagree that this is a good promotion providing cross platform passes as incentive,
    however I do disagree with the fact that if you have already upgraded and have purchased Season content on the new console you see virtually no benefit and for the time being are better off buying content on the old system rather than the new in order to
    ensure you receive the full value for your dollar. In the meantime those who have made the mistake of investing in X One passes like me and are looking to have the DLC on both consoles be prepared to pay twice.

:)

DIPPIN 0N YA, Jan 27, 2014
  2. Help

I bought Borderlands 2 Season pass for me and my husband's Xbox ones. It's not showing either of us that we have the content from it. It's backward compatibility, anyone else having this problem?

devilschild96, Jan 27, 2014
  3. OldPepsiMan
    OldPepsiMan Guest
    Xbox One Not Having Backwards Compatibilty?

I also agree with the OP. I consider lack of backward compatibility THE major reason why I'll pass on the XBox One. If new generation hardware can't or won't play our existing software, then SERIOUSLY, why buy digital rights? How long will they be good for?

OldPepsiMan, Jan 27, 2014
  4. Season Passes lack of backwards compatibility

In the same boat here. Was wondering the same thing myself. All my 360 friends that bought the pass for the 360 then upgraded to the One can download the DLC on both systems but the few of us who bought the 360 COD and waited for say the Hardened version
    for the One with the Seasons Pass are SOL. Not cool.

Ryan S. Ackley, Jan 28, 2014
  5. Ryan S. Ackley Win User

In the same boat here. Was wondering the same thing myself. All my 360 friends that bought the pass for the 360 then upgraded to the One can download the DLC on both systems but the few of us who bought the 360 COD and waited for say the Hardened version
    for the One with the Seasons Pass are SOL. Not cool.
  6. DominumStige Win User

Fallout 4 season pass not giving!

Hi!

The version had to include a code to redeem F4 and F3 (x360 backward compatible), in addition also a code for the season pass. If you have not received the season pass code, it is very likely that you have the basic version of the game without all DLCs.
  7. ap980 Win User

missing codes from GOW 4 ultimate edition

airdrop code was located in the GOW website in the cards section. one down. still need to know about the backwards compatible collection from xbox 360 and the season pass
  8. onyxishere Win User

Can't figure out how to download Xbox360 online games onto Xbox One

Sorry to hear it. Here is a complete list of all the backwards compatible games available for the Xbox One https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

As you can see Game of Thrones is not listed. This is because there is a version of the game for both consoles. Because of this the season pass would need to be purchased separately for each version of the game.
  9. OldPepsiMan Win User

Forbes Magazine opines on XBox One lack of backward compatibility

@ LostK -- the issue here is the CONFIRMED lack of backward compatibility, and the implications that has for the future of digital rights.
Thema:

1. Season Passes lack of backwards compatibility - Similar Threads - Season Passes lack

2. AC3 Season pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC3 Season pass: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec le Season Pass de Assassins creed 3 (retrocompatible), je les acheter sur Microsoft et je l'ai installé mais quand je suis dans le jeux je dois télécharger le...
  3. Season Pass for Samurai showdown

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Season Pass for Samurai showdown: I bought Samurai showdown physically on disc for my Xbox One when it was released. I also bought the season pass when it was free. According to the Microsoft Store on my console, it says that i...
  4. SAMURAI SHODOWN SEASON PASS NOT WORKING PLEASE FIX 8/13/09 We are getting upset!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SAMURAI SHODOWN SEASON PASS NOT WORKING PLEASE FIX 8/13/09 We are getting upset!!!!: I've been reading all the forums and Microsoft phone support is down , you can't call them , I've bought the character which was supposed to be free but I haven't downloaded her yet, this is not...
  5. Still no access to Samurai Shodown Season Pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Still no access to Samurai Shodown Season Pass: I purchased Samurai Shodown from the store page of my Xbox on June 28th being interested in the promotion involving it's Season Pass (if you purchase the game within the first week of its release,...
  6. Season Pass purchased, but not allowing me to download content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Season Pass purchased, but not allowing me to download content: Hello, I purchased the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 season pass when the game released. It worked fine, but now that I try to play the DLC on the xbox one, I am unable to download them. It says I...
  7. I didnt received my season pass through the promo.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I didnt received my season pass through the promo.: Hi my name is Alexis and in may i preordered Samurai Shodown due to a promo that SNK make, and for those who preorder the game before june 30 SNK gives the season pass for free. We are in August...
  8. XBox One Season Pass Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox One Season Pass Game: Just a quick Prob Silly Question. I ordered a Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 "Limited Edition" the company sent "Season Pass Edition" I don't have a pass, so the question, can I still play the game, or do...
  9. Lost access to Samurai Shodown Season Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost access to Samurai Shodown Season Pass: Hello Xbox Community/Support, i pre ordered Samurai Shodown and also redeemed the season pass through the Store. Now i cant download the new character and the store is asking me to purchase the...
  10. No Access to Samurai Shodown's Season Pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No Access to Samurai Shodown's Season Pass: I bought Samurai Shodown on June 28th, being interested in the promotion of getting the season pass for free with an early purchase. I even went to the store to make sure I had access to it, but...