Second controller doesn't work in multi-player game

Discus and support Second controller doesn't work in multi-player game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I bought a new xbox s series and i have issue with 2nd controller I and my son was trying to play mortal kombat 11 but the 2nd controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rupesh kumar2, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Second controller doesn't work in multi-player game

Hello

I bought a new xbox s series and i have issue with 2nd controller I and my son was trying to play mortal kombat 11 but the 2nd controller doesn't work but normally it works like the xbox button ,screenshot everything works but when you play a game the 2nd controller doesn't work at all So if you could help me with this issue that would be very great , Even I have installed updates for both the controller but still one of the second controller doesn't work in mortal kombat or in any game

Help me please

:)

rupesh kumar2, Aug 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Rupesh, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In order for us to isolate the issue as well as perform the necessary steps, I would like to clarify, is this happening with just this game or other games as well?

Also, does your son have an account on the Xbox as well?
  3. Zion117 Win User

Cannot connect controller in games no matter what?????

It happens with all accounts, whoever the second player is, just doesn't work. Doesn't matter who opens the game, I've tried logging in with both controllers on and signed in, tried with just one signed in and then another logging in. Its like the "Press A to Join" for the second player doesn't work. The second player can navigate menus and log in just not join, ever!
  4. GloomySquirrely Win User

Can’t make selections on home screen

Sorry you've been having issues I've had the same happen to me!

1. Press the center "Xbox Button" on the second controller.
    2. Select the second player profile or add guest
    3. The screen should spilt when its done.
    4. If this doesn't work make sure the game supports spilt screen / has multi-player.
    5. When I had this issue it was weirdly glitched where the first player had to hit start for the second player to select anything.
    6. I hope this helps and you have a great day!
  5. MassLegion808 Win User

multiplayer is extremely dissapointing me

Thing is just because it has multi-player doesn't mean its a multi-player game, this game is really a single player game with help here and there
  6. voteDC Win User

No more balance changes... does this bode ill for ME3 MP?

It certainly doesn't bode well for the multi-player aspect of the game that's for sure.

-

Not working on new DLC I can understand but working to create balance in your multi-player is something that should continue.

-

All I hope is that they'll continue to fix glitches if they are discovered.
Thema:

1. Second controller doesn't work in multi-player game - Similar Threads - Second controller doesn't

2. Xbox one S HDMI won't work, turns off after 30 seconds and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S HDMI won't work, turns off after 30 seconds and controller won't connect: I've had my xbox one s for about 16 hours and the HDMI won't connect and neither does my controller. I have held down the power button for 10-15 seconds, I have held the power and sync button for...
  3. Second controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Second controller: How do I add second controller on Xbox series s to play EFootball 22 with a friend off-line? 21c3e6ff-893a-43c6-9c0c-07aad92d29fa
  4. PC not accepting inputs from second joy-con controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC not accepting inputs from second joy-con controller.: I have connected both my joy-cons to my PC using Bluetooth, and checking to see if the inputs are working correctly. My left joy-con is working fine, all buttons are working, but when I check my...
  5. HORI RAP4 arcade stick recognized as active controller instead of as second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    HORI RAP4 arcade stick recognized as active controller instead of as second controller: I have a wireless xbox series controller and a wired arcade stick. Whenever I try to play with both of them at the same time, the xbox one recognizes them as a single device, even if they are...
  6. Black Screen for seconds in game dwm.exe xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen for seconds in game dwm.exe xbox one controller: Hi all, For weeks I have a problem that during full screen games, my screen randomly went black for a few seconds and then a normal Windows mouse cursor appeared in the center of screen. For some...
  7. Controller wont pair to xbox or pc will vibrate after a couple of seconds in pairing mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont pair to xbox or pc will vibrate after a couple of seconds in pairing mode: so for the last half a year with this controller I have been constantly using it for PC and Xbox but now won't connect to either of them and in pairing mode will just vibrate I'm guessing it...
  8. X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer: Hi I got an XBOX S yesterday, i have two controllers, me and my wife want to play local two player( Mortal Kombat etc) but when i try to activate the 2nd controller it wont recognise me pressing...
  9. playing co-op (split screen) with son on second controller on Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing co-op (split screen) with son on second controller on Xbox series x: I Just got a new x box series x after upgrading from x box 360. Is it still possible to use the 2nd controller to play split screen in games like borderlands or is this only available now when...
  10. Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite: i watched multiple videos but they are sadly outdated and have something to do with xbox insider?i just want to play fortnite splitscreen with a keyboard and mouse and controller...