second x box one installation in the home to allow live play

Discus and support second x box one installation in the home to allow live play in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Ive spent two hours on xbox chat without resolving my issue. Can anyone help me. I have two boys and one x box one. Yesterday I bought another x... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LouiseHolloway, Jul 16, 2019.

1. second x box one installation in the home to allow live play

Hi, Ive spent two hours on xbox chat without resolving my issue. Can anyone help me. I have two boys and one x box one. Yesterday I bought another x box one and tried to set it up. This we did but the second xbox would not allow on line play. It
    kept sending me to parental settings where there were no restrictions. I also paid for an annual x box gold live and redeemed the voucher on the second and new xbox account. It still wouldnt work. I went round and round in circles with the advisor and we
    just couldnt get it live. What he suggested we did which we did was to reset to factory status. So, can anyone tell me how to install a second x box so that both can share the funds from x box gold live and each with their own console. Please help this
    poor mother. TIA

:)

LouiseHolloway, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Buachaill Dona Win User

Hi,

I'm not sure if support had you check any of the following settings or not, maybe you could clarify?

But it might be worth checking in the consoles privacy setting if you haven't already done so. To do this go to Settings > Account Privacy and online safety > View details & customise. Then go through the listed options, to see if any of them are set to
    block.

Also another setting you could check is the family settings, Settings > Account > Family settings.
  3. BeefyJerky Win User

With the new xbox live account that you set up for the second Xbox, did you set it up with parental restrictions by accident? The problem could be that the Gold account itself is not allowing you online access.

I'm assuming that support had you run through these steps, but double check these just in case:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/connecting-to-xbox-live
  4. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

Hello LouiseHolloway,

To the dilemma you are having. I myself have 4 kids and we have 3 Xbox Ones. When we got our first Xbox we had to go to Settings, Account, Family Settings and Add the kids to the family account. They will have their own Gamertags. Then after all that is
    said and done go to the new Xbox and add your profile and their names to that one as well. I know this sounds very counter intuitive. However this must be done. But for this part all you have to do is just go to the Home screen and then go to Add New, then
    the email and password you used for the kids. Once the names on the second Xbox are done make sure as the parent you make the Xbox your on all the time the Home Xbox by going into Settings, Personalization, MY Home Xbox and make that your home xbox which will
    insure Gameshare capabilities. The only option from here on out is to set the limits back in family settings for each child you have and options for them. again this is what I had done for all 4 of my children. yes it does work However once you get a 3rd Xbox
    as long as you have your profile on any of them the games you play will show up its just you can only gameshare on 1 of them and the other I had to buy my daughter live and game pass to play the games that downloaded to hers. other than that there you go hope
    this helps out.
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Can't play.

If you're on your "Home" X Box One and Live/Internet goes down, it's as easy as "X Box...settings...network...go offline. Now if your home X Box isn't in your home...well, what did you expect?
  6. Dirkster Dude Win User

Can't manual save only auto?

An amazing number of problems is resolved by cold starting the X-Box One. I had several issues just to get this game to run without sitting at an endless loading screen. Turns out it wasn't the game it was the X-Box One. By clearing the X-Box One cache
    that allows for quick starting in less then 30 seconds it fixed this problem as well as the later problem with only being able to Auto save. A few days after the loading screen fix I had lost electricity while playing and had thought the save file damaged
    in some way. I cold started the X-Box one and it fixed that problem as well. To cold start: Make sure your X-Box One is turned off, remove the plug from the wall, wait 2 minutes, plug the X-Box power cord back into outlet, and turn on the X-Box One. You
    should see the 3 little dots being highlights left to right. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 3-4 minutes. The second time I did this after I had lost power it took almost 4 minutes to start.
Thema:

1. second x box one installation in the home to allow live play - Similar Threads - second box installation

2. When I switch on the x box 1 s it turns its self off after 5 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I switch on the x box 1 s it turns its self off after 5 seconds.: Anyone have any idea why my xbox is doing this. Light comes on then goes dim and switches its self off. c8634c69-41f1-4fa6-bf5a-da0489ec3b75
  3. x box one starts and go off after 5 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one starts and go off after 5 seconds: hello i got a problem :( my x box one starts and after 5 seconds go off .... sorry for my english im italian.... whats up at my console i think the ac adapter works fine... best regards tony...
  4. Trying to sign in to xbox live on certain games, it pulls up a grey box for a second and ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to sign in to xbox live on certain games, it pulls up a grey box for a second and ...: [img] I need help??!!! Let me take minecraft/Happy wars for example. On windows 10, when I try and loggin to either games, it pulls up a "we are connecting you to xbox live" Then a grey box...
  5. Screen freeze every 2 seconds with 2d message on cable box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen freeze every 2 seconds with 2d message on cable box: My xbox one has worked perfectly for my tv until about a week ago, when it started to jump constantly between resolutions. Nothing I tried worked to fix that issue so I went to Time Warner Cable...
  6. Screen goes black or says that cable box isn't connected for 20-30 seconds when changing ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen goes black or says that cable box isn't connected for 20-30 seconds when changing ...: I have a 2TB Sky + box connected and since the One Guide became live in the UK when I change channel the screen frequently goes black for a brief period before the new channel shows. Sometimes i...
  7. x box one starts and go off after 5 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one starts and go off after 5 seconds: hello i got a problem :( my x box one starts and after 5 seconds go off .... sorry for my english im italian.... whats up at my console i think the ac adapter works fine... best regards tony...
  8. X Box One X - I have do a factory reset every second day now

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X - I have do a factory reset every second day now: Hi guys and gals, I have been using Xbox consoles since the day GTA IV came out. My first was a white 360, then the first black one that came with kinect, then an One and last december my soon to...
  9. Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds: Hi have been having this problem for a while I have a sony full HD tv and sky+HD box. When I turn from an HD channel to a standard def channel it can take about 30 seconds for it to come on. This...
  10. Cable box forces resolution swap every 15-20 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cable box forces resolution swap every 15-20 seconds.: when I got the system on day one the tv integration worked pretty well for the first few weeks. Then every 5 seconds my tv would freeze/lag for up to 30 seconds before the picture and sound would...