Security bug after latest update - passcode set but not required to purchase!!!

Discus and support Security bug after latest update - passcode set but not required to purchase!!! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After the latest Xbox One update, I have changed my security settings to allow sign-in with Kinect, but a passcode needs to be entered to change... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by REDDY71, May 26, 2014.

1. REDDY71
    REDDY71 Guest

After the latest Xbox One update, I have changed my security settings to allow sign-in with Kinect, but a passcode needs to be entered to change settings or when making a purchase, or so I thought.

This morning I signed in to my Xbox One, went to the store and clicked to purchase a copy of 'Watchdogs'. It took me straight to the payment confirmation page, which I clicked and installation began. No passcode required!!!! This is now less secure than
    it was previously. I went back to the settings (which ironically needed me to input my passcode) and checked that I had indeed asked for a passcode to be required to make a purchase - I had.

I have a friend who has had two Xbox 360's stolen from him in the past and his account abused. Because of this my 360's have always had a passcode to sign-in and I'm now finding the Xbox One to be less secure. I don't want $100's racked-up on my account
    without my permission.

:)

REDDY71, May 26, 2014
  2. Family Passcode

I'm trying to remove the family passcode that was set a long time ago by my dad. He forgot both the security question and the actual passcode. Is there any other way to remove it? My Xbox 360 has the latest updates I think, and all the tricks that I have
    tried from previous years don't work.

Speedster Lee, May 26, 2014
  3. Quartson
    Quartson Guest
    Parent wants to sue Microsoft over $4,500 Xbox bill

You can usually just file a purchase dispute with the credit card company in this situation.

However, just like any online Eco system, such as Sony, Apple, or Microsoft, you can set it to require a passcode for purchases. I have seen many articles with this happening with iOS or Android in app purchases. It's a mistake on the parents part, not microsofts.

Quartson, May 26, 2014
  4. Security bug after latest update - passcode set but not required to purchase!!!

Hey there REDDY71!

This does seem like an issue and we appreciate the information that you have provided. We will look into this issue and let you know as soon as we have more information to provide.

In the meantime, please keep us updated if an changes occur.

Mister Quimby, May 27, 2014
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there REDDY71!

This does seem like an issue and we appreciate the information that you have provided. We will look into this issue and let you know as soon as we have more information to provide.

In the meantime, please keep us updated if an changes occur.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Removing Passcode

That depends, are you referring to the Xbox LIVE passcode (to sign in to the account) or the Parental Passcode (download content, change settings)? The LIVE passcode can simply be reset by recovering your account, or going into the menu and disabling it
    (requires the passcode). The Parental passcode will not be affected by recovering, and can only be disabled by knowing the code or answering the security question.
  7. PalmettoBling Win User

Want to know who used my card

8. Tosh d Specter Win User

Delete Everywhere

Sadly, no passcode requirement. I hope there is some kind of security if the save has to be deleted 'everywhere'.
  9. Mister Gwyther Win User

XBOX LIVE PASSCODE.

Are you referring to the LIVE passcode, or the Family Settings passcode? The Family Settings code will not be reset by a recover. If you forgot this passcode you can try answering the security question or calling phone support.
Thema:

1. Security bug after latest update - passcode set but not required to purchase!!! - Similar Threads - Security bug latest

2. xbox 360 security

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 security: My 10 year old Xbox 360 device was recesntly sold but I failed to remove my account name and info. How can I now block the new owner from access to my xbox live or other account info? I use the...
  3. Join Game Pass - Blank screen following Windows Security PIN prompt

in XboX Insiders
    Join Game Pass - Blank screen following Windows Security PIN prompt: [IMG] My rather jet-lagged Googling isn't turning up much help, so I'm hoping someone here might encountered this problem before. When attempting to join Xbox Game Pass for PC the screen...
  4. Segurança[Translation-Security]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Segurança[Translation-Security]: Como adiciona mais segurança na conta? [Translation-How do you add more security to your account?] 16dee43e-7f5b-4ff6-8c56-f813665b3020
  5. I Can't Sign In With Security Code

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Can't Sign In With Security Code: My Account Says 'Finish Adding Security Info' Get Us Help Out Here!! 7fcfab5f-e337-4743-90d6-c82600d6da37
  6. Security settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Security settings: Hi all! What could be wrong if you have the correct settings (as it seems) regarding securitysettings and so on for a certain gametag, but that gametag cannot anyway connect to a realm which has...
  7. "Add Security" legend

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Add Security" legend: Hi, I'm from Mexico and I hadn't been able to use my main account since a month because of alleged "security addition" here it says that security addition is important and I need to pair my...
  8. The xbox security of accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    The xbox security of accounts: The xbox security my account PINKSKITTLE116 was compromised information all changed ges I've called and even done chats on here nobody will help it has like thousands of dollars put into it the...
  9. privacy and online security

in XBoX Accessibility
    privacy and online security: why will it not let me get on minecraft realms ?????? 1179f3f9-f3dc-4607-b96c-3a8ee68533f4
  10. Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?: To clarify my problem, I recorded the issue: https://vimeo.com/330395835 About two months ago, I accessed a adult site in my xbox one using Microsoft Edge inPrivate mode. I was apprehensive, but...