Security Info Change

Discus and support Security Info Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So i recently clicked the forgot security info option for my acvount and i am now on the 30 day wait period. I did this because i have only one email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NL_006, Apr 4, 2019.

1. NL_006
    NL_006 Guest

Security Info Change

So i recently clicked the forgot security info option for my acvount and i am now on the 30 day wait period. I did this because i have only one email associated with this account and i dont have access to it. I understand the purpose of the 30 day wait
    period. My question is when those 30 days are up, what will the resest process look like? Can change the email without having access to the current and only email associate with my account?

:)

NL_006, Apr 4, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Security Info Change

Hi NL,

Thanks for coming to the forums with this great question. Following the 30 day period, you can definitely make more security changes to your account, if necessary. Of course, this would mean another 30 days, but really, there's no price on having a secure
    account! If you no longer have access to that email associated with the account, it would be best to add another email that you do have access to, to be on the safe side, and of course, help out with account recovery and authentication.

Have a look at the following articles, as they're really good sources of information on this subject:

Update all of your Microsoft account security information

Add security information to your Microsoft account

Delete your Microsoft account security info

Verify the security information for your Microsoft account

Some of the information may be repetitive, but definitely useful for making your account secure. They'll also be a great resource when making any further changes.

I hope that this help out and please let us know if you have any further questions, as we'd be more than happy to help!
  3. A Wraith God Win User

Security Info Change

All of the account info should still be there, should just allow you to make further changes after the 30days. If this is false I am sorry. Hope this helps!
  4. denis97g Win User
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Security Info Change

Hi NL,

Thanks for the reply! The information in your account will remain the same, other than any changes you have made. Typically, if you've added a phone number or email, it can be in use in about 48 hours, but it takes that 30 day period to really engage so
    as to protect your account from any hackers and such.

Hope that helps a bit more!
  6. FuddRuckinTruckin Win User

Security Info Change

This info did help for the most part. Before the 30 day wait period was activated i had to either put in an email or a phone number. I chose the phone number. So will microsoft delete all my account info except for the phone number or will the phone number
    be added to the account when the 30 days are up?
Thema:

Security Info Change

1. Security Info Change - Similar Threads - Security Info Change

2. Security Info Change To Phone Number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security Info Change To Phone Number: So right now i am in the process of having my security info being deleted. I didn’t have access to the email associated with my, which was the only type of security info i had on my account, so i...
  3. Can I renew my Xbox Live Gold subscription during the 30 day security info change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I renew my Xbox Live Gold subscription during the 30 day security info change?: When I went to sign into my account, it prompted me to update my email. When I went to do this, it asked for a code sent to my email, which no longer exists. As I went to change my email, I was...
  4. Did you request a security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did you request a security info change?: Hi guys, I updated by mobile number on 26/02/2016 and thought very little of it, until I am trying to download free games with live. I'm trying to schedule the borderlands free version and I...
  5. Xbox live password changed, security info deleted, now the email isn't associated with an ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live password changed, security info deleted, now the email isn't associated with an ...: I'm in pretty deep water here. Long story short, received email saying both password was changed and that security info was deleted. Tried to recover account and it says account does not exist....
  6. Accidentally requested a security info change & I can't receive a code to cancel it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally requested a security info change & I can't receive a code to cancel it: So basically I accidentally requested a security info change & I can't cancel it as the phone number associated with the account can't receive texts. I can't access Xbox Support or anything...
  7. Security info changes and customer service.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Security info changes and customer service.: Apologies now for seeming whiny to my fellow gamers. <3 Just want to vent some frustration maybe help some of you avoid future issues that you can avoid. So I have had the same Xbox Live account...
  8. Did you request a security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did you request a security info change?: Hello. I'm having a problem trying to get into my xbox one profile. When trying the following message appears : Did you request a change security info ? I put yes , this was me . and then I put...
  9. security info change loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    security info change loop: So I updated my live account with a new number and now my xbox one won't sign me in. Its stuck in this confirmation loop. I tried a hard reset and I tried deleting and adding my account to my...
  10. Security info change means i can't sign into my account PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Security info change means i can't sign into my account PLEASE HELP: Ok so, My xbox live account was created by my brother a while ago and the email he used as a backup (verifying method) contained a typo so therefore does not exist. When microsoft asked me to...