Security Protocol Won't Work with Any Wifi

Discus and support Security Protocol Won't Work with Any Wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my XBOX 1 won't connect to any Wi-Fi since I moved house a year ago. It worked fine when I first moved, but after a little while sat in storage it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rabm_270, Jul 21, 2021.

1. rabm_270
    rabm_270 Guest

So my XBOX 1 won't connect to any Wi-Fi since I moved house a year ago. It worked fine when I first moved, but after a little while sat in storage it won't any more.

I enter the SSID correctly for a couple of different private home networks, and nothing, just the message that my security protocol won't work. I've seen a few others with similar issues, but I don't understand how to fix it in my case, because I know it's definitely not a router problem since I've been able to try a few networks, and something to do with the Xbox. It's saying it's still connected to the internet through IPv4, but won't pick up any new wireless networks when I go to set up wireless networks.

I've tried restarting, testing the connection, nothing has worked. I'm not very technically minded so please be kind. Any advice?

:)

rabm_270, Jul 21, 2021
  2. EatenLeader08 Win User

Security protocol won't work

saying security protocol error
  3. W1NG3R NZ Win User

Windows Internet Connection Sharing Issues

Tried that but it comes up with the error message "Your security protocol will not work" as soon as I try to connect to the WiFi
  4. AshtonDavis Win User

Wifi connection issues

So unfortunately it hasn't worked when the xbox was seeing if there was an update it showed there was a problem with the wifi not being connected so i went in and i tried to connect the wifi its not showing any wireless networks and still show the security
    protocol thing.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

problème connexion internet [Translate] Internet connection problem

Hello valentindonnet,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is your console able to connect to any other WiFi networks? There may be some network security issues that are giving your console some trouble with connecting to the network. The most common cause is the WiFi password.
    We recommend that the WiFi password be less than 12 characters long. Also, the security protocol on the network may affect the console. We suggest changing your security protocol for the WiFi. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. AmirLucas II Win User

"YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOL WON'T WORK"

It keep on tellin the wpa and wpa2 and when i press test network connection it says its all good but it dont show no wifi names it just say add a network
Thema:

1. Security Protocol Won't Work with Any Wifi - Similar Threads - Security Protocol Won't

2. network security protocol

in XBoX Accessibility
    network security protocol: I've just hooked up a starlink wifi router and am trying to connect my xbox one. I get a message telling me that my security protocol won't work. "this console supports wpa wpa2 and wep network...
  3. change network security protocol - change router config?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    change network security protocol - change router config?: I'm trying to connect a network to my xbox but it's not letting me and this is the message that keeps popping up, "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal), and WEP network...
  4. "YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOL WON'T WORK"

in XboX Networking Hardware
    "YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOL WON'T WORK": "YOUR SECURITY PROTOCOL WON'T WORK" It keep on tellin the wpa and wpa2 and when i press test network connection it says its all good but it dont show no wifi names it just say add a network...
  5. Xfinitywifi connection error security protocol won't work

Xfinitywifi connection error security protocol won't work: Xfinitywifi connection error security protocol won't work Hi Pete, Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. You will need to contact your internet service provider with assistance to this...
  6. Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi

Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi: Verizon (ISPs): Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi Hello Matt! If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting your Campus's IT department. They may have ways...
  7. Asus ASUS WL-500GP v.2: My security protocol won't work

Asus ASUS WL-500GP v.2: My security protocol won't work: Asus (Routers) ASUS WL-500GP v.2: My security protocol won't work Many campuses block gaming consoles from connecting. Connect your console to a PC via a bridged connection, and then just connect...
  8. "Your security protocol won't work"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Your security protocol won't work": I need help finding out how to change the security protocol for the wifi here at my school. If anyone has any information that could help me that would be great!! 83d09d2c-44ff-4280-8bd6-bd4fff1ce6dd
  9. Security protocol won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Security protocol won't work: new Xbox one not connected to the Internet. Need help. 0224e2cb-35a5-420a-9070-8db97ee0b140
  10. "Your security protocol won't work"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Your security protocol won't work": haven't turned on my Xbox One in a couple months, but it connected previously. All other devices in the house connect to network just fine, the network hasn't changed in a year. not sure why...