Sega Genesis Collection Impossible to work well with a fight stick, even with OS joystick...

Discus and support Sega Genesis Collection Impossible to work well with a fight stick, even with OS joystick... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Anyone who played with a real Gnesis knows the layout as * X Y Z * S * A B C The Xbox Fight sticks use this layout: * X Y RB LB * s * A B RT LT... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Sega Genesis Collection Impossible to work well with a fight stick, even with OS joystick...

Anyone who played with a real Gnesis knows the layout as

* X Y Z

* S

* A B C

The Xbox Fight sticks use this layout:

* X Y RB LB

* s

* A B RT LT

Thes\ are the function of the 1 of 2 options that seem most natural to the Genesis

* X Y C Z

* S

* A B > <

Xbox's buton ramapping would solve it....

.... except the 2 triggers can only be traded with each other and all the other butons and directions wappable wiht each other.

Maybe Xbox shouyld have an option to "digitize triggers" in the button adjust OS mode. That means any trigger is eihter at 100% of 0%, bt on fight sticks, the buttons are that way anyway, and any button can be reamapped to any other.

An analog trigger acting as a digital button has a threshold where he button is defined as 100% or 0% pressed, and a digtial button actuating a trigger make it press 100% or 0%

Similar diitizaitons with thumb sticks too.

Finally, how is a joystick supposed to actuate a thumb stick button?

:)

TripleTopper321, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sega Genesis Collection Impossible to work well with a fight stick, even with OS joystick remaps

This is a good idea. You should post ideas to the Xbox Feedback Forums so they can look into it. Xbox Feedback
  3. TripleTopper321 Win User

Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style COntorls on Genesi Classics

The thing is if the buttons are un-remappable at both a game level as well as a system OS level, then the Genesis collection "fell through the cracks".

If Microsoft makes an "all digital / Fight Stick mode", then the triggers can be swapped with the buttons at the OS level and vice versa.

Sega doesn't accommodate my joystick, and probably enough people have a 2-style stick with LT andf RT next to each other, and not stacked on each otherl, that this is not a minor, nitpicky complaint. A lot of people complain about it on the Shoryuken.com
    forum boards.

See I use a PS2 version of a Street Fighter 15th anniversary stick, mainly for another problem I haven't posted yet -- easy Right Handed Joystick Play. (True it started left handed, but is the easiest joystick to rotate 180 degrees and have the buttons
    be reasonably comfortable when played either way.)

The fact that the "triggers" (depsite the fact they are buttons on a fight stick) are only swappable with each other means that Sega and/or Microsoft has a flaw in their button programming)

By the way, I WOULD like an Official solution to my right handed fight problem. one that works with Xbox Prime, Xbox 360, Xbox One and whatever Xbox Scarlett will eventually be called.
  4. TripleTopper321 Win User

"all digital mode" for button remapping.

There are only 2 predefined settings that are uneditable on Sge Genesis Classics, and I was under the default control scheme in the Xbox 1 Joystick OS.

If this is the fight stick arrangement, and assuming buttons and triggers are not cross mappable:

B B B B

B B T T

Becuase the triggers are only swappable with each other and are always > and <, ut’s impossible to remap to get this:

B B B T

B B B T

Even with the Xbox One Joystick OS

The only way you can do it is to make an "all digital mode" where the triggers are remappable as digital buttons both to and from the triggers.

Also what about the flip X axis on analog sticks?
  5. Darth Swifty Win User

If you won a $10,000 gaming shopping spree, what would you buy?

A Complete Sega Genesis, Sega CD and 32X Collection
  6. TripleTopper321 Win User

"all digital mode" for button remapping.

I have this game, and I have the same general complaint. Unfortunately, there is only one company that can solve this: Sega. For whatever reason, they chose not to include an option to remap buttons. One could be added with a software update, I
    would presume.
    I did try to write to Sega and they said everything from: "it will be taken into consideration" to "We don’t accept outside ideas"

I’m trying to show them that between fight sticks and the Hori Fighting Commander, there are perfectly good Genesis-style joysticks t play them closest to the way they were intended.

Unfortunately, their insistence on first making fast forward and rewind and second making them analog, therefore immovable, is stupid. I’d rather be able to enjoy the Genesis-style sticks on the Xbox that I would analog fast forward and rewind, (which
    by the way, at their fastest modes rewind too slow to zip through a big chunk fast, I think it’s speed is -1x.)

And what’s with the left stick button activating something, when a joystick usually doesn’t have a left stick button or right stick button.

Xbox was intending to go over Sega’s head my making button configurations. Unfortunately, to overcome Sega’s stubbornness, they have to employ an optional "all digital mode" for the button as part of their Xbox One Joystick OS, where if LT and RT are mapped
    to a digital button, it’s mapped as all-or-nothing, either 100% pressure instantly, or 0% instantly. Likewise a different button mapped to LT and RT can have an "activation barrier", which defaults to 50%, can be as low as 10% and as high as 90%, anything
    below the barrier is not pressed. At the barrier and and beyond, it’s pressed.

And thankfully, Microsoft made it an easy remap, where now you can store favorite configurations and load them and save them, and have an easy reset to default. I’d like to use one for Pac-Land on Pac-Man Museum 360 where A and B are run left and run right,
    so that you don't have to rapidly press the d-pad left or right as fast as you can to run. That’s awkward on a real 360, even if it is rapidly flicking and centering a joystick over and over.

Now the question is: Can you switch joystick configuration by bringup pressing the guide button, or must you quit the game to change the joystick configuration?
Thema:

Sega Genesis Collection Impossible to work well with a fight stick, even with OS joystick...

1. Sega Genesis Collection Impossible to work well with a fight stick, even with OS joystick... - Similar Threads - Sega Genesis Collection

2. Sega mega drive classics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sega mega drive classics: So, i have just bought the above mention game for my son. Some the games play from right to left (in particular sonic) instead of the other way. Also all of the writing is the round way round too!...
  3. "Sega Genesis Classics" no longer playable

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Sega Genesis Classics" no longer playable: I bought this game and played it on my Xbox One X several times. However, after repairing my old machine, this game can not be installed anymore. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks!...
  4. SEGA Games Remastered

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SEGA Games Remastered: I want all Sega original games to be remastered and games moving couple consoles to Xbox One: SEGA Superstars (PS2) SEGA Genesis Collection (PS2) Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii) NiGHTS: Journey...
  5. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (2010) backwards compatible on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (2010) backwards compatible on Xbox One: The one things that I like is 2010 game Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie cause this game is fun to play. It has exclusive characters like Avatar and Banjo and Kazooie on Xbox 360...
  6. "Unlock All Characters & Tracks" for the Sonic Sega All Stars Racing not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unlock All Characters & Tracks" for the Sonic Sega All Stars Racing not working: Since no one answered my question on previous topic (Can't), I'm posting again. Hi! I've purchased the "Unlock All Characters & Tracks" for the Sonic Sega All Stars Racing, but the tracks and...
  7. Play Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage With me (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage With me (Xbox 360): Anyboby want to try to play the whole first game with me, then later 2 & 3? db276743-41ee-4d93-a72a-315134b82fd0
  8. Sega Genesis Shadowrun Port?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sega Genesis Shadowrun Port?: Anyone else remember the Sega Genesis Shadowrun game? Would love if Microsoft would drop a port of it for the Xbox one. Many hours spent wondering around on that game!...
  9. Sega Vintage Collection: Streets Of Rage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sega Vintage Collection: Streets Of Rage: Please can someone tell me in idiot terms, How to get this on my Xbox One!!! I have tried going to Xbox.com, But it wants to charge me around £6.00 for it... Proper baffled......
  10. Sega collection streets of rage no longer works?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sega collection streets of rage no longer works?: hi everyone, I'm having a issue and hope someone can help. So I tried starting up the xbox 360 sega collection streets of rage on my xbox one but a message comes up saying "do you own this game or...