Selected language problem on Xbox one for redeem a code

Discus and support Selected language problem on Xbox one for redeem a code in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I bought Fallout 4, and with the game, there is a redeem code for Fallout 3. I tried to put it in the store on my xbox one, however it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Giufox, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Giufox
    Giufox Guest

Hello!

I bought Fallout 4, and with the game, there is a redeem code for Fallout 3. I tried to put it in the store on my xbox one, however it says "You can't acquire this item in your currently selected language. Change your language region in Settings, or go to
    microsoft.com//redeem.".

I live in Switzerland. but the xbox region was Italy (so I could have Italian as main language, since when I bought it 2 years ago I couldn't put Switzerland as region and Italian as language. I saw today that I can change). So I put the region "Switzerland"
    and the language "French", since I bought the game in the French part of Switzerland, where I live in, but I got the same problem. So I changed to "France", and got this problem again.

I went on the website "xbox.com/redeemcode", put the code, but a message opens with written "Change how to pay. Add a new way to pay and follow the steps. To check your Xbox region, on your console go Home > Guide > Settings > All Settings >System > Select
    Language & Location." (Exactly what I have been doing the last hour).

I have no idea of what I can do to redeem correctly the code to finally play the game.

Thank you,

Giulia

(I am sorry for my broken English)

:)

Giufox, Nov 9, 2017
  2. psysadako
    psysadako Guest
    probleme with redeem code for gear of war 3 (Ref 1362559478)

my redeem code for gear of war 3 offer with gear of war 4 give me a message : you cant acquire this item in your currently selected language.

I did install all the other redeem code without problem.

thanks

psysadako, Nov 9, 2017
  3. bogdanfer
    bogdanfer Guest
    xbox redeem live code error "You can’t acquire this item in your currently selected language."

I'm trying to redeem a prepaid code on my xbox one s for a xbox live 12 months and I'm getting the following error:

*note: all my regions/language is set to the same country (Netherlands)

Any ideas?

bogdanfer, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there,

In order to redeem Xbox 360 game codes, your Xbox Live account region must match the region you're physically located in. To redeem the code,
    please migrate your Xbox Live account region to the region you're physically located in using our Xbox Live Account Migration
    Tool
    and let us know how it goes!

Mister Beep, Nov 10, 2017
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there,

In order to redeem Xbox 360 game codes, your Xbox Live account region must match the region you're physically located in. To redeem the code,
    please migrate your Xbox Live account region to the region you're physically located in using our Xbox Live Account Migration
    Tool
    and let us know how it goes!
  6. Trombone Guy Win User

Locale is wrong, Stuck on germany Want it to go to USA, because I'm not german.

Most codes are region-locked. If your account's region and the code's region don't match, you may not be able to redeem the code. In order to change the locale of your account (this may help the translation problems), follow these steps:

1.Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.

2.Select Console Settings.

3.Select Language and Locale.

4.Select Locale, and then select the location where you live.

Unfortunately, you can't change the region of your account. Hopefully locale is the only problem you're having. Hope this helps!
  7. JhonSnow777 Win User

I am not able to do anything with my Xbox it says you’re in different region I can’t put any codes in

Hello!

If you have changed your location since setting up your Xbox One, you can redeem the code by changing your location in Settings.
    Here's how:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Scroll to Settings and then select All Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Language & Location.
    5. Select Location, and change it to your new location.
    6. Select Restart now to restart your Xbox One and apply the location change.
    7. Once your Xbox One has restarted, try to redeem the code again.
    When you attempt to make a purchase using your new location, you'll be prompted to provide updated billing information.

For more information on how to use a prepaid card, see How to redeem an Xbox prepaid code.
  8. WONTOLLA JACK Win User

Gigantic closed beta

I have a similar problem ... when I go on my account in the gigantic site can choose to redeem the code for the beta on Xbox One and / or PC, if I select one xbox I was sent to the xbox store on the page to redeem the codes 25 digit code which, however,
    I do not have. but if I select the PC the code to enter the store appears automatically (I tried to use the code in the store pc xbox but it always fails)
  9. SoftiJamie Win User

unable to purchase game with my code due to language region

your region setting should always match your location of the console. The language is freely selectable, but some of the store information is mandatory in the "Region Language". More important is the address of the Microsoft account (X-BOX) which determines the store you are visiting.

This must match any credit cards that may be deposited.

So if you run in problems by redeem codes change the language back.
Thema:

1. Selected language problem on Xbox one for redeem a code - Similar Threads - Selected language problem

2. Restore your selected language ??!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Restore your selected language ??!: Every time i start my Xbox , i am getting "Restore your selected language" .. Nothing happens when i select "Restore language" then i choose "try later" every time. Why is this happening, how can...
  3. Microsoft Rewards Language Selection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards Language Selection: Hello, Posting from Belgium where Microsoft Rewards Xbox app is available both in Dutch and in French, as seen here: Regions and Languages. On my Xbox, Microsoft Rewards in displayed in Dutch....
  4. "You can't aquire this item in the language you have currently selected" "change your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You can't aquire this item in the language you have currently selected" "change your...: Back in around 2018 i purchased my xbox and a copy of fallout 4, with this came a free code for fallout 3. Upon attempting to redeem it the message ( "You can't aquire this item in the language...
  5. Xbox One "Restore your selected language" issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One "Restore your selected language" issue: Every time I start Xbox One, I am getting the "Restore your selected language" issue. Nothing happens when I select "Restore language" so I choose "try later" every time. How can i solve this?...
  6. Cannot redeem Fallout 3. Issue with selected language.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot redeem Fallout 3. Issue with selected language.: I purchased Fallout 4 with a free download for Fallout 3. When I type in the code I receive the following message: " Change your language region in settings. You can't acquire this item in the...
  7. Thief SImulator Xbox One can't select language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thief SImulator Xbox One can't select language: I just downloaded the Thief Simulator game and i tried to run it and it won't allow me select a language. I've tried reinstalling it, different controllers, pressing every button, and tried a...
  8. Add language selection to the Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Add language selection to the Xbox Game Pass PC: please, Add language selection to the Xbox Game Pass PC aedd44cf-4fa3-40e9-a685-7ca730c59343
  9. You can't acquire this item in your currently selected language (RESOLVED)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You can't acquire this item in your currently selected language (RESOLVED): Hello Dear Community, I have an Xbox One X purchased in UK 3 weeks ago, I have now purchased a Dungeon Siege 3 game from Game.co.uk and when I try to redeem the game it says: "You can't acquire...
  10. you can't acquire this item in your currently selected language problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    you can't acquire this item in your currently selected language problem: so i bought red dead redemption 1 for my xbox one which has a backwards compatibility and i cant redeem it due to the problem in the subject, i tried everything, changing my region, language over...