Selecting Audio Input Device on Xbox App

Discus and support Selecting Audio Input Device on Xbox App in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I regularly use the Xbox App to join Party Chats. Typically I like to use my Bluetooth headphones so that I hear the audio directly in my ear, and so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by aabraham3058, May 20, 2020.

1. aabraham3058
    aabraham3058 Guest

I regularly use the Xbox App to join Party Chats.

Typically I like to use my Bluetooth headphones so that I hear the audio directly in my ear, and so I don't inadvertently cause echoing for the rest of the party. (The mic on my headset is also less sensitive, and I prefer that).

The Xbox App used to provide the ability to choose which input/output device to use for audio. There was a drop down menu where you could select

"Speakers" (Speaker Phone)

"Headset" (Connected Bluetooth headset, etc.)

This menu no longer seems to be available.

Was this an intentional removal of a feature? Is there a different way to access it now?

It was a super useful feature, and without it I'm limited to using my phone mic and speaker phone which causes horrible echoing in the party chat.

Ahead of time, thank you for the help!

:)

aabraham3058, May 20, 2020
  2. aabraham3058 Win User

Selecting Audio Input Device on Xbox App (Android)

It did work for me in the past when I was able to select the device explicitly, but now even when my headset is connected, Xbox App audio goes through my speaker phone.

I have at least one other person I know who is experiencing this same issue (I have a Pixel 2, he has a Pixel 3).

Is this an appropriate forum to request features being reimplemented, or to report bugs (such as the bluetooth device not being used for audio?).

I reinstalled the app and gave it permissions for "Audio" when prompted.

When that didn't work I also explicitly gave it permission to "Phone" and "Storage".
  3. slackadelic Win User

Oh yeah that's a big difference. I believe it was removed as it is just set to use whatever the 'default' is... so as long as blue tooth is active it should work.

I know for me it works.
  4. aabraham3058 Win User

Thanks for the reply, the question is specific to the Android Xbox App. I should have specified that, sorry!
  5. slackadelic Win User

I regularly use the Xbox App to join Party Chats.

Typically I like to use my Bluetooth headphones so that I hear the audio directly in my ear, and so I don't inadvertently cause echoing for the rest of the party. (The mic on my headset is also less sensitive, and I prefer that).

The Xbox App used to provide the ability to choose which input/output device to use for audio. There was a drop down menu where you could select

"Speakers" (Speaker Phone)

"Headset" (Connected Bluetooth headset, etc.)

This menu no longer seems to be available.

Was this an intentional removal of a feature? Is there a different way to access it now?

It was a super useful feature, and without it I'm limited to using my phone mic and speaker phone which causes horrible echoing in the party chat.

Ahead of time, thank you for the help!
    I see the drop down under Settings and I can select any output connected to my laptop/PC at this moment.
  6. platinumacetric Win User

Xbox App Party Chat Not Working

So I recently had this issue as well.

here are the symptoms of the problems.

1. Cant hear anyone in a party chat

2. no one can hear you in a party chat

here are the solutions

1. If no one can hear you and you are not getting an error code on the xbox app. it means your audio is being routed to a different audio device, this usually happens after a driver update or a system change. hit the start button type " manage audio" and
    hit enter. select the audio device under playback you are using and right click it and select "Set as Default Device", and right click again and select " set as default communication device" hit ok and restart the xbox app and try to join the party again.
    you should hear people fine.

2. if no one can hear you but you can hear everyone fine. this means something is either using your mic or your xbox controller has a mic input. if you are using your xbox controller mic input. go to "manage sound" and go to the recording tab, select the
    xbox controller and right click it and select it as the default communication device. restart the xbox app and people should hear you. if you are not using the xbox mic input as a mic select the appropriate mic device and make sure its the default communication
    device.

With all of this set you should be able to hear and talk back on the xbox app with no issues. Hope it helps.
Thema:

1. Selecting Audio Input Device on Xbox App - Similar Threads - Selecting Audio Input

2. Selecting Audio Input Device on Xbox App (Android)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Selecting Audio Input Device on Xbox App (Android): I regularly use the Xbox App to join Party Chats. Typically I like to use my Bluetooth headphones so that I hear the audio directly in my ear, and so I don't inadvertently cause echoing for the...
  3. No audio via home theater when 4k is selected

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio via home theater when 4k is selected: I am having issues with sound not being outputed to our home theather when 4k resolution is selected an video input is set to autodetect. In the past we had this issue and we where able to correct...
  4. Selective audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Selective audio: I can only hear sirens, and background noises in GTA V. No dialogue. No idea what's going on. Did the suggested trouble shooting problems with cables and such but no resolution....
  5. I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting

in XboX Insiders
    I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting: I'm on the Alpha Channel. I might be going bananas, but I'm 90% confident that Dolby Upmixing has been enabled on the console in the absence of any settings toggle. I first noticed this while...
  6. Xbox One X only selecting Stereo Audio (Error Code 0x80bd0009)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X only selecting Stereo Audio (Error Code 0x80bd0009): I have an Xbox One X hooked up to a new LG C9 OLED 4K TV, with the audio going to a receiver through the TV's ARC. When I first set up the new TV/ARC, the Xbox wouldn't let me select 5.1...
  7. Xbox One X Audio Selection Error 0x80bd0009

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Audio Selection Error 0x80bd0009: I recently started receiving this error. My system had been working fine for a while running uncompressed 5.1 through my TV (samsung q80) via HDMI and my TV sending audio to my receiver (pioneer...
  8. Mic always muted. No audio tab when headset pluged. Volume tab not selectable on Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic always muted. No audio tab when headset pluged. Volume tab not selectable on Xbox...: Why is my headset always muted? I've tried everything talked about in forums and videos and nothing works. I can not chat with my friends during games. I see that this issue is old and it seems...
  9. Audio Selection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio Selection: Where in my Xbox One do I switch my audio selection/connection from PVI to HDMI? 79417f21-2d18-4363-9edc-6d6520ae67bd
  10. Xbox One X does not retain audio selection between restarts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X does not retain audio selection between restarts: My Xbox One X runs through my Onkyo TX-NR676 which is on the latest firmware and is fully compliant for Dolby Atmos (my preferred audio). After each restart I must manually set my audio back to...