Selling Xbox One Game Discs

Discus and support Selling Xbox One Game Discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Got a bunch of Xbox One games I want to sell, do any Xbox One games save information to the disc or is it saved all into the cloud/console? Is there... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matt_219, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Matt_219
    Matt_219 Guest

Got a bunch of Xbox One games I want to sell, do any Xbox One games save information to the disc or is it saved all into the cloud/console? Is there anything I need to do before selling the games?

Thanks!

:)

Matt_219, Aug 14, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Matt_219! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

All information is saved to your console's internal storage unit and the cloud, so there is no need to do anything before selling or giving away your discs.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Move a game on disk to digital.

The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Game Error- The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. Help.

At Game they sell the disc version and the Xbox Marketplace download. Can you confirm which one you purchased?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

A long time ago, Amazon ended the experiment with Live Arcade titles.

5x5 codes for games and DLC still exist for Xbox One. The version of Titanfall included in the Titanfall bundle is a code, not a disc.

No one "lost" the ability to sell discs. They had to be sold to an authorized third party, but it was still possible. No one "lost" the ability to sell their game one time to another person. MS just made sure they weren't in the path of that sale.
Thema:

1. Selling Xbox One Game Discs - Similar Threads - Selling Game Discs

2. Microsoft sells fraudulent games and does not allow a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft sells fraudulent games and does not allow a refund: I purchased the following game from the microsoft store https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/bully-anniversary-edition/9p12j82kf6qm I thinked it was the popular Rockstar game because of the image...
  3. This Guy/Company sells games he shares via Xbox Sharing - is it legal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This Guy/Company sells games he shares via Xbox Sharing - is it legal?: Hello, a colleague of mine informed me about a retailer that sells Xbox games and Game Passes on his Xbox account via Xbox Game Share feature. Everything is offered on the Czech auction server...
  4. XBox One - Known issue with game you are still selling.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox One - Known issue with game you are still selling.: I paid money for Titanfall 1 and 2 and now, due to a hacker (a known issue) it isn't working. You MS XBox is still selling this game and you KNOW it is not working. I know it's not your fault that...
  5. Can I sell digital game codes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I sell digital game codes?: My son received a digital game code for Forza Horizon 4 as a gift. He currently has Gamepass and can play the game on there. Is there a place here where I can sell the code? Or is here a place...
  6. How can you sell digital codes for Xbox Series X/S games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you sell digital codes for Xbox Series X/S games?: I bought an Xbox Series X and my email with a 25 digit code for Far Cry 6. Is it possible to sell it? 03f40260-3fa4-4b7a-bae1-a172fac00a9a
  7. If I sell one of my Xbox One games will the person who I sold it to have access to my xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I sell one of my Xbox One games will the person who I sold it to have access to my xbox...: I recently sold a xbox 1 game and I was wondering if I played that game on my account and signed in would the person who I solo my game to have access to my xbox account?...
  8. Suspended for selling in game items in a game that lets players set up stores to sell in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suspended for selling in game items in a game that lets players set up stores to sell in...: So I recieved a 7 day suspension ... I couldnt think of any reason why this happened other than attempting to post items for sale in the fallout 76 official club... My post was flagged with "...
  9. if i sell xbox games on ebay will my data and account be saved onto the disc for the buyer...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i sell xbox games on ebay will my data and account be saved onto the disc for the buyer...: just wanna know if theres anything i need to do to clear data off my discs or i can just sell it without needing to do anything 6947eae2-ba98-4710-8be8-aef5382b2f7a
  10. Selling xbox 360 and disc based games for another console

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Selling xbox 360 and disc based games for another console: Christmas is coming. I want an xbox one. I will sell my xbox 360S 250 GB , 23 based dicsc game titles that includes the latest battlefield and call of duty titles. 4-6 xbox controllers (5...