Selling Xbox one, removing profile, games still there?

Discus and support Selling Xbox one, removing profile, games still there? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right forum, apologies if not. I'm planning in selling my Xbox one. I currently have downloaded games, titanfall, ghosts,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dixKNEES, Aug 14, 2014.

1. dixKNEES
    dixKNEES Guest

Not sure if this is the right forum, apologies if not.

I'm planning in selling my Xbox one. I currently have downloaded games, titanfall, ghosts, child of light, etc. I also have downloaded all of the 'gold' membership games that were free. Now I'm assuming there is a 'restore console to factory settings' option
    somewhere in there. If I do this and my personal info is removed, are the games I bought still on the hard drive? And do the gold membership free games only follow my profile? What stays and what goes?

EDIT: Also, does this apply to the 360?

Appreciate it guys.

:)

dixKNEES, Aug 14, 2014
  2. MMAJunkie7
    MMAJunkie7 Guest
    Quick question

Might be a stupid question but I'm selling my xbox and just wanted to know after removing my profile and payment options, will all the downloaded games (bought from the marketplace), map packs, and add ons still be on the hard drive and playable? The guy
    I'm selling to would still be able to create a profile and use them all, right?

MMAJunkie7, Aug 14, 2014
  3. kernal69er
    kernal69er Guest
    Game Sharing: Xbox One vs. PS4?

You can delete your friends profile and still play the games. But without his profile I don't believe you will see his new purchased games

kernal69er, Aug 14, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

If you do a factory reset on the Xbox One your profile will be deleted from the harddrive as well as your downloaded and installed games. The games could not be used by a new profile or a new user/owner anyway because the games are bounded to your gamertag.
    So for the Xbox One a factory reset would be best.

Here's how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults

On the Xbox 360 it's different. Here the games, only the downloaded ones of course, are bound to the console. So a new user / owner could use them with his gamertag. So on the 360 I would suggest to only delete your profile before selling it but keep the
    downloaded games on the drive.

Here's how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../delete-xbox-live-profile-from-xbox-360-console

BobMcFly247, Aug 14, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

If you do a factory reset on the Xbox One your profile will be deleted from the harddrive as well as your downloaded and installed games. The games could not be used by a new profile or a new user/owner anyway because the games are bounded to your gamertag.
    So for the Xbox One a factory reset would be best.

Here's how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults

On the Xbox 360 it's different. Here the games, only the downloaded ones of course, are bound to the console. So a new user / owner could use them with his gamertag. So on the 360 I would suggest to only delete your profile before selling it but keep the
    downloaded games on the drive.

Here's how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../delete-xbox-live-profile-from-xbox-360-console
  6. oo ROLL TIDE oo Win User

BF4 - Single Play Campaign - Lost all progress

What the [MOD REMOVED]!!!! I got the patch yesterday and I still can't save my game!!! This is the ump-teenth problem I've had with Xbox one, I'm selling this
    [MOD REMOVED] and getting the ps4.
  7. The Viral Cyrix Win User

What could I sell my Xbox for?

Slim or Fat??

Also the games are not on the harddrive once you remove your profile. As you arnt allowed to sell that
  8. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

Xbox Store Games

Basically no, you still have the digital games, follows your profile, so if you sell the xbox, you still own the games, and they cant play it unless they want to keep your profile as home, which would not do as they want thiers to be home.

That was a rubbish explanation, but the simple answer is no, you cant sell digital copies...yet at least.
  9. DrButters DC Win User

Xbox live

I have removed profile and put it back on console, restarted council. About ready to sell my Xbox and go to ps4
Thema:

1. Selling Xbox one, removing profile, games still there? - Similar Threads - Selling removing profile

2. What a comeback! Reach is the best selling game on steam.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What a comeback! Reach is the best selling game on steam.: Don't forget to factor in that Reach was only available for Xbox during the time. a525b2f8-7a66-4688-b0ca-656a4b8fe786
  3. so is there no way yet for xbox one owners to re sell or trade ther digital games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    so is there no way yet for xbox one owners to re sell or trade ther digital games: hi am i am enquien about digital re sale of games have xbox got in futer for us gamers to trade or sell our digitil games that we spent so much on wen we no longer want them or got 100% complete ?...
  4. how to sell Digital game!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to sell Digital game!: Hi how to sell Digital game! that i don't played that game very much! let me know ! thanks 83918b6f-2b12-4919-b088-0b254b00e0c9
  5. Someone trying to sell their gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone trying to sell their gamertag.: As the title says, someone is trying to sell their gamertag to people? Is this not a direct violation of the terms of service? If so how should I go upon this? c70e354a-895e-434b-8d4d-6a4fd35627a2
  6. [Mod Removed] scammed me on rocket league for a dissolver and an atomizer which are can sell ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Mod Removed] scammed me on rocket league for a dissolver and an atomizer which are can sell ...: [Mod Redmoved - Personal Information] scammed me on rocket league for a dissolver and an atomizer which are can sell for $60 plus please go report him he is ignoring me get home banned he has...
  7. Remove credit card information when selling xbox to another person

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove credit card information when selling xbox to another person: Hello I recently sold my xbox. the problem is that the xbox contained, not only personal information, but also credit card info. That particular person activated xbox live gold and it seems it...
  8. Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content: I am looking to purchase an Xbox One console. I currently have an Xbox 360 4GB console with an additional 120GB slim HDD that I am wanting to sell. I have about 7 games I have downloaded to this...
  9. Remove Me From This Xbox? Selling but just bought gold....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove Me From This Xbox? Selling but just bought gold....: I'm a PC gamer at heart so I am trading a friend my xbox one for a plow setup (dang snow again). I just bought Xbox Live Gold 2 months ago and would like to know if there is some way that I can...
  10. harassed by [Mod Removed] told my daughter to sell her game and kill herself!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    harassed by [Mod Removed] told my daughter to sell her game and kill herself!!!: there's this gamer tag (MOD REMOVED) that told my daughter to kill herself coz she's playing so poorly... asking my daughter why she's still alive and told her to sell her game... my daughter...