separating accounts

Discus and support separating accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was so good in creating accounts for each member of my family on the xbox1 when I purchased a few years back, making mine the master... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by StephenHaywood ✅, Apr 6, 2019.

1. separating accounts

I was so good in creating accounts for each member of my family on the xbox1 when I purchased a few years back, making mine the master control,(payments, authorizing games etc) My eldest usurped my account. Is there a best method to transfer his fortnite
    account from my user to his or move that control in some way without disrupting the games he has saved on my account?

Thank you in advance. minimal trolling please.

:)

StephenHaywood ✅, Apr 6, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

separating accounts

Hi Stephen,

In response to changing the emails. Be very careful as this will be a process. As drifter stated this can work. However, If any email that you change is a Microsoft email such as Hotmail, outlook, live, or MSN.
    They can not be deleted from the account totally if you use them for anything. If they are removed from the account totally in essence it deletes the email. So for example, if you use a Hotmail for work and remove it, that email you can no
    longer use for work. Leave the Microsoft email on the account as a secondary email.

Brad
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

separating accounts

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, there is no way to move content from one account to another. In this case you could either let him keep using that account, or play on his account. Then he would be where he left off on his own account.

Brad
  4. StephenHaywood ✅ Win User

separating accounts

thanks guys! drifter I was hoping there was a way as you suggested. i will find out this weekend and let you know.
  5. StephenHaywood ✅ Win User

separating accounts

thank you. no way i could add my enail to his account and move parental controls etc to what was his original account thus making it mine
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

separating accounts

you cannot transfer games/DLC or save from one account to another but you can change the account email address. It can be a multi-step process however I do not know that you can make an account a child account once validated as an adult, if that's what
    you want to do.

Add an email address verify it works

update primary email address, make sure it works

Remove old email address.

how to change your email address
Thema:

separating accounts

1. separating accounts - Similar Threads - separating accounts

2. Separating Xbox credits and in game credits/accessories, etc. From a hotmail account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separating Xbox credits and in game credits/accessories, etc. From a hotmail account: As a security feature when he was younger, i used my own hotmail account to create an Xbox username, etc. For my son to use. Over the years he has built up credits, in game collectibles, etc....
  3. I have 2 separate accounts that need to be merged/reduced to 1 account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 2 separate accounts that need to be merged/reduced to 1 account.: When the Xbox 360 came out, my Dad made a Microsoft account as I was young at the time. His email address and all my Xbox games and info are on that account. As I got older, I made a Microsoft...
  4. Do I need to install two separate game files for two different accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I need to install two separate game files for two different accounts?: Hello. I have a Korean account that I made while I was in Korea, and I've got some games(Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive) that I purchased from Korean stores. Afraid of losing the...
  5. Can you separate your xbox account from your microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you separate your xbox account from your microsoft account?: Hi, Back when I was little my parents got me an xbox 360 and made me an xbox live account but under my mom's email. For then that was fine but now I'm older and I just saw the Halo Master Chief...
  6. I've got 2 Xbox accounts. one on 2 separate Xbox.. my first account. GTag-Debo225723 ***...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've got 2 Xbox accounts. one on 2 separate Xbox.. my first account. GTag-Debo225723 ***...: So yes I'm trying to get into my original Xbox account on my first Xbox One that I owned. About 7 months ago i purchase an Xbox One X and started a new account On it. I need somehow get into my...
  7. Games on Separate Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games on Separate Accounts: Hello, I have games that I have uploaded into my Xbox One under 2 separate accounts. I want to merge my accounts, or at least be able to upload all of my purchased games into one account. How do...
  8. Separating User Account Info

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Separating User Account Info: Hi, we now have 2 xboxes in the house. Originally my son just piggy backed off my main one which had the gold live attached so all games he purchased came under my gammertag / acount. As we now...
  9. Can't send or receive messages on 2 different Xbox One consoles with two separate accounts- ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't send or receive messages on 2 different Xbox One consoles with two separate accounts- ...: Has anyone has this issue? I can play games, join parties, talk over mic, but I can't receive or send messages. My Conversations will not load as well. When I try to send a message it says...
  10. Transferring a digital game to a separate account other than the one the game was purchased on.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring a digital game to a separate account other than the one the game was purchased on.: I recently bought a digital copy of No Mans Sky on my Xbox that I have multiple accounts on. I have a controller for each account, as they are used by separate people, so I have a specific...