separating accounts

Discus and support separating accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was so good in creating accounts for each member of my family on the xbox1 when I purchased a few years back, making mine the master... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by StephenHaywood ✅, Apr 6, 2019.

1. separating accounts

I was so good in creating accounts for each member of my family on the xbox1 when I purchased a few years back, making mine the master control,(payments, authorizing games etc) My eldest usurped my account. Is there a best method to transfer his fortnite
    account from my user to his or move that control in some way without disrupting the games he has saved on my account?

Thank you in advance. minimal trolling please.

:)

StephenHaywood ✅, Apr 6, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

separating accounts

Hi Stephen,

In response to changing the emails. Be very careful as this will be a process. As drifter stated this can work. However, If any email that you change is a Microsoft email such as Hotmail, outlook, live, or MSN.
    They can not be deleted from the account totally if you use them for anything. If they are removed from the account totally in essence it deletes the email. So for example, if you use a Hotmail for work and remove it, that email you can no
    longer use for work. Leave the Microsoft email on the account as a secondary email.

Brad
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

separating accounts

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, there is no way to move content from one account to another. In this case you could either let him keep using that account, or play on his account. Then he would be where he left off on his own account.

Brad
  4. StephenHaywood ✅ Win User

separating accounts

thanks guys! drifter I was hoping there was a way as you suggested. i will find out this weekend and let you know.
  5. StephenHaywood ✅ Win User

separating accounts

thank you. no way i could add my enail to his account and move parental controls etc to what was his original account thus making it mine
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

separating accounts

you cannot transfer games/DLC or save from one account to another but you can change the account email address. It can be a multi-step process however I do not know that you can make an account a child account once validated as an adult, if that's what
    you want to do.

Add an email address verify it works

update primary email address, make sure it works

Remove old email address.

how to change your email address
Thema:

separating accounts

1. separating accounts - Similar Threads - separating accounts

2. Can I separate accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I separate accounts?: Hi, I'm looking for some help. For the last 7 years my son has been using my Microsoft account on his xbox, we put it in place so i could keep an eye on him when he was a lot younger. Now he's 18...
  3. Gold, and Game pass on separate accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gold, and Game pass on separate accounts: I have 2 accounts on my XBOX 1. One is currently gold and I enjoy the benefits on both accounts. But if I were to upgrade my secondaccount to game pass, would that effect the other account?...
  4. How to separate accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to separate accounts.: When I first made my XBL account around 10 years ago, it was on my moms email account. Later when I wanted my own email on the account I made one and I beleive its an alias. All of the information...
  5. Using dlc on separate accounts same xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using dlc on separate accounts same xbox: When I got my xbox one I couldn't remember my details for 360 account so I set up a new one but I've recently remembered my old account details and put that account back on my xbox only problem I...
  6. Separating one Microsoft account into two (XBOX & Parents email)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separating one Microsoft account into two (XBOX & Parents email): 10 years ago I set up an XBOX 360 for my then 7 year old son using my Hotmail email address. Fast forward to now and the combined nature of email/XBOX being an all in one Microsoft account my now...
  7. How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s: I created an Xbox account like 15 years ago with my hotmail email address. Then everything microsoft shares the same login. My son started playing on this gamertag several years ago and I need him...
  8. How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've...: I am planning on moving out soon, and my mother wishes my Xbox account to be removed from her Microsoft account. Is that possible without losing all of my data on Xbox (achievements, purchases,...
  9. Sharing Live account on separate xboxes in same house

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Live account on separate xboxes in same house: I bought a Live account and was thinking my family could use it as well on a second xbox in our home so we could play together online... Do I have to purchase 2 SEPARATE l Live subscriptions??? If...
  10. Two separate insider accounts, two different boxes, all settings the same, only one can stream.

in XboX Insiders
    Two separate insider accounts, two different boxes, all settings the same, only one can stream.: So I have two adult accounts on both a One X and a One Elite and both are in Delta in the Insiders program. Same network, same setting, I can do console streaming from one but not the other. I...