Series S can't use external HD to record

Discus and support Series S can't use external HD to record in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It says that I have to format it on a PC which it works fine on my XBone I can record up to 10 minutes but it's not letting me use my external to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WMDBIoodHunter, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Series S can't use external HD to record

It says that I have to format it on a PC which it works fine on my XBone I can record up to 10 minutes but it's not letting me use my external to record on?

:)

WMDBIoodHunter, Jul 23, 2021
  2. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

It's set to the xbox I can use it for the Xbox One but not the S. My friend's worked for hin but it's not letting me.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Okay, try to see later in the HD specs if it is USB 3.0, it should be formatted on the PC in NTFS format or directly on xbox and be placed as media.

It may be that something on the system is not letting it perform the captures correctly, try resetting the console with the procedure below.

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

https://support.xbox.com/pt-BR/help/hardware-ne...

Best regards,

4. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

All I know about is it's a microsoft brand one and it's a 1tb. My ffiend was abke to change his to record on his but mine just gives me that error
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Georges C

I am a gamer and expert on the XBOX platform.

Welcome to the community. I hope I can help you in the best way.

Hello WMDBIoodHunter,what kind of external HD are you using, it has USB 3.0, how much storage does it have, 1 TB, 2 TB?

Best Regards,

6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Thr drive is formatted for Xbox or PC, you can’t swap them back and forth without reformatting the drive.
Thema:

1. Series S can't use external HD to record - Similar Threads - Series can't external

2. Can't connect my xbox series X controller to windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect my xbox series X controller to windows pc: When I use the charge and play kit to connect my series X controller to my PC it vibrates so the USB, wire and controller all work but my controller only connects to my xbox and I can't control...
  3. Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either): Here is what I did: I made my old Xbox One not Home anymore from the "Devices" page on my account. I attempted to make my new Series X Home using the Personalization tab in Settings on my Xbox...
  4. I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.: I cannot see the games I have purchased on my x box series s even though I am logged in with the same username. b8785cca-eacc-4929-bb77-294e88b0b474
  5. Xbox Series X can't load ANYTHING

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X can't load ANYTHING: I just booted up my Series X and nothing is working. Currently I'm sitting on my home screen and it's asking me to connect to the Xbox network, but I press A on the option, screen dims but nothing...
  6. Can't navigate troubleshoot menu on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't navigate troubleshoot menu on xbox series x: When i turn on my xbox it's stuck on startup screen. I've tried to do a hard reset but it didn't solve the issue so i decided to do a factory reset but when the troubleshoot menu turns on i can't...
  7. Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset: Hello there, i got the Xbox Series X and the official Xbox Controller shipped within the console. My problem is, that i can hear myself when talking to a friend over xbox live (gold). I don't...
  8. Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support: My Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks. From a bit of a search I can see this is a known issue. I've tried all the things I can do from my end - a reinstall, reboot router, etc - and...
  9. Is there a code for the halo tv series and paromount +as I can't watch it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a code for the halo tv series and paromount +as I can't watch it: Can't watch the TV show halo from paromount +is there a code for it to go to site I have game pass ultimate a66c6750-6723-4927-b077-b878f66b69cb
  10. The xbox series x can't run games on external hard drive anymore right?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The xbox series x can't run games on external hard drive anymore right?: I mean the xbox series x games can't run games on the external hard drive anymore.The xbox series x games,Cyberpunk 2077 fortnite halo infinite assassin's creed valhalla are this xbox series x...