Series S Controller acting weird

Discus and support Series S Controller acting weird in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, my series S controller was working fine this morning, i put it on to charge and now it isnt working. its turned on but doesn't seem to be connected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by adambrooks6, Apr 18, 2022.

1. adambrooks6
    adambrooks6 Guest

So, my series S controller was working fine this morning, i put it on to charge and now it isnt working. its turned on but doesn't seem to be connected to my xbox. ive done a soft reset, ive tried pairing it back to the console but nothing is working, ive turned the console and joypad off and taken the batteries out of the joypad, ive tried pluggint it in with a cable and that doesnt work either

:)

adambrooks6, Apr 18, 2022
  2. TheProfess0r Win User

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor, and I'll be glad to help you today.

Can you please unplug everything from the console and leave it for 3 minutes?

Then plug it back in and let me know if the same issue happens.
  3. adambrooks6 Win User

i have done that and its still the same
  4. TheProfess0r Win User

Did you try to connect it with a USB cable?
  5. TheProfess0r Win User

Did you make sure that your controller is updated?
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Controller acting weird

Hey there Cosmic,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the controller. How long exactly have you had it? If it is under 90 days old then of course this controller should be in warranty and you can always set up a replacement order through the

Device Support
    page.

Of course the controller should not be doing this, But if new batteries aren't working and the controller is still running into problems I would recommend looking for a replacement, Or of course
    Contacting Xbox Customer Support to see if there is anything to be done with this.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Series S Controller acting weird - Similar Threads - Series Controller acting

2. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  3. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  4. XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10: Hi, I have a series X controller that was working fine with windows 10 (Forza horizon 5 edition). I connected it to my phone for about 1 hour and the connecting it back is impossible and I cannot...
  5. Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.: I just recently bought an Xbox Series X (Core) controller and updated the firmware, but I'm running into an issue where in several games, while the controller is connected through bluetooth, the...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Not really sure where to go about posting something like this, so apologies if this isn't correct. Almost two months ago I bought an Elite Series 2 controller from the Microsoft website...
  8. My Elite series 2 controller Start button is acting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite series 2 controller Start button is acting up: My Elite series 2 controller has a problem where it thinks it start button(a.k.a guide button)is be held. The controller itself I can physically press the button and it will feel like it...
  9. Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update: After the latest skip ahead update my controller will remain powered on but it will lose all functionality as if its powered off. It does have a simple remove battery and put it back in fix but I...
  10. My Xbox series S controller is acting up.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series S controller is acting up.: My Xbox Series S controller is having an issue where it will not stop pressing the A button. No matter what I do I just won't stop. It is going like it is clicking it as fast as it can and none of...