Series S suddenly Dim after startup

Discus and support Series S suddenly Dim after startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Played earlier in the day with no trouble. Left console unplugged for several hours. I came back to play and the screen is extremely dark. I've tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ColLin9, May 30, 2022.

1. ColLin9
    ColLin9 Guest

Played earlier in the day with no trouble. Left console unplugged for several hours. I came back to play and the screen is extremely dark. I've tried multiple HDMI ports and cables, reset the console several times, and left it unplugged for 5 minutes, and verified the display is fine.

Still very dim display. Any help?

:)

ColLin9, May 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi ColLin9! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You could try this first

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options.

Under Display, a different screen resolution, then change it back to normal

If that doesn't work, Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  3. blueamcat Win User

Xbox goes idle while I'm streaming live programs on NBCSN

Settings > Power and Startup > Power mode and startup >

Make sure Turn off after is set to: Don't turn off automatically.

Then under Settings > Preferences > Idle Options

Set to Dim screen after 60 minutes.

It should help a bit. :)
  4. Giugio17 Win User

Xbox series X sleep mode and startup

But, anyway, why my Xbox series s using this energy saver sleep mode, startup even using my controller?
  5. CCS Jeedi Win User

Screen Dim on Startup after August Update

Has happened to me 4 times in the last 2 days now. Will try the suggested steps and get back to you Mister Quimby.
  6. The Bertard Win User

Screen Dim on Startup after August Update

I have the same issue. Has anyone found a fix for this. Its a pain having to turn the console on twice to get it to work correctly
Thema:

1. Series S suddenly Dim after startup - Similar Threads - Series suddenly Dim

2. Xbox series x Ethernet suddenly stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Ethernet suddenly stopped working.: I was playing a couple days ago and my Ethernet suddenly cut out. When I switch to wireless it works but the second the Ethernet gets plugged in it completely shuts down. There was a similar...
  3. Xbox Series S controller suddenly freaking out on specific conditions.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller suddenly freaking out on specific conditions.: My controller has been freaking out in very specific parts of certain games. When I am playing Dirt 5 every once in a while in the "race select" screen the controller suddenly stop recognizing any...
  4. Xbox series s was working fine, all of a sudden screen went to all jumbled screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s was working fine, all of a sudden screen went to all jumbled screen: As the title states, I was playing a game went into next area of game, screen cut out then went to all jumbled. Held down power button to do a power cycle, turned back on still samething. Changed...
  5. My Series S suddenly refuses to show my SSD

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S suddenly refuses to show my SSD: I have a Series S which means storage is limited. I already have an Expansion Card but only 1 TB ain't that much if you get everything digital. I had an Xbox One before and bought an SSD for it...
  6. Movies and series app 4k movies are suddenly HD only

in XboX Insiders
    Movies and series app 4k movies are suddenly HD only: So i bought allot of movies over the years. But since i went from xbox one x to my xbox series x some movies are suddenly HD. I contacted support but they are not very helpfull, only one of them...
  7. Series X Wireless Headset suddenly no audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless Headset suddenly no audio: This is a brand new headset. Maybe a week old. All of a sudden I get NO audio. No dashboard audio. No game audio. However my party chat still works just fine and I can hear just fine. I even still...
  8. Xbox Series S/X controller suddenly stopped on PC working less than a year in. Can plug...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S/X controller suddenly stopped on PC working less than a year in. Can plug...: I use the Xbox Series S/X controller on my PC via wired and I just ran into an interesting issue. It no longer works at all, but when I plug it in, it does vibrate and if I press the jewel it...
  9. XBOX Series X suddenly giving me Black screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X suddenly giving me Black screens: My xbox series X is all of a sudden having a hard time loading games and switching between them and apps. I get long black screens. Iv done a system reset and kept games, it may be not as long of...
  10. Xbox series x - hdr suddenly extremely dark (LG CX)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x - hdr suddenly extremely dark (LG CX): Suddenly HDR is extremely dark. Currently have all boxes checked. HDR calibration is almost unreadable. Does it in all games - but regular home dashboard is fine. submitted by...