Series S tv details question

Discus and support Series S tv details question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Alright so I need a little help, I have the TCL R635 (2020) tv and the series S. In the tv details under the Xbox I have all green checks under... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickD54, Sep 15, 2021.

1. NickD54
    NickD54 Guest

Alright so I need a little help, I have the TCL R635 (2020) tv and the series S.

In the tv details under the Xbox I have all green checks under supported resolutions and all the other stuff except 4K 10 bit @ 50hz when I have the resolution set to 4k @60hz with HDR set to “ON”.

If I turn HDR off on this tv it says that 24hz @4K 10 bit is not supported and 60hz @4K 10 bit is not supported along with the 50 hz still not being supported. Why is this? My TV is a 10bit tv and I think this tv in particular looks better with hdr off while gaming.

Also if I change resolutions to 1440p or 1080p @120 with HDR OFF it then gives me a green check for 4K 10 bit @60 but not the 24hz box. While having this resolution set I also have the “allow 4K” box checked on the Xbox.

If anyone has this tv or knows if this is an issue or how to help please let me know.

:)

NickD54, Sep 15, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

Welcome to the community. How are you, mate?

If I've not mistaken these boxes are to play streaming content(Netflix, amazon), it does not interfere with games. If you try to change auto-detection to HDMI does the same happen?
  3. Nursemorph Win User

It’s been on 2.0 sorry I should have added that before. Is SDR only in 8 Bit that’s why it’s saying that when I turn off HDR on the Xbox ?
    No worries. At least we have ruled that out!!

If the TV has 10 Bit colour, then it should support 8 bit I would think...at least it does on most TVs as the Bit is not related to the HDR.

Have just been investigating further and I wonder if it is simply that the TV won't support HDR being off, which seems ridiculous to me. Found a Reddit 9 months ago (Reddit isn't the most trusted resource but it's the only place I could find mentioning a related issue):

https://www.reddit.com/r/4kTV/comments/kheirs/come_on_tcl_please_let_us_turn_off_hdr/

When you mention the HDR looking worse, is it specific games? There are some games which do look washed out on some TVs.

I can't really find anything else to explain the issue...have you maybe tried changing the TV to non-game mode (to test) when using the Series S? Just wondering if it's tied into the Game Mode setting. Sorry I can't be of more help

Might be worth dropping TCL support an email:

https://support.tcl.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please enter your question
  4. NickD54 Win User

Destiny 2 looks kinda bad in hdr with draw distance being really blurry on some planets and state of decay 2 looks really bad. The tv is definitely in SDR when I turn HDR off on the Xbox side of things. However On games such as PUBG when hdr is on there is a screen type flicker that occurs but only when in the menu settings. I’m just wondering why the check boxes are red because I’m definitely playing at 60fps and 4K because that’s what my tv is saying but the box is just not checked green?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

6. NickD54 Win User

It’s been on 2.0 sorry I should have added that before. Is SDR only in 8 Bit that’s why it’s saying that when I turn off HDR on the Xbox ?
Thema:

1. Series S tv details question - Similar Threads - Series details question

2. Series x headset not holding charge

in XboX Insiders
    Series x headset not holding charge: Hi team, had this headset a couple months. Haven't used it much to be fair. It's not holding charge. I plug it in to a USB C connected to my series x console, the LED flashes indicating that it's...
  3. I need some advice with my series x 4k TV Details

in XboX Insiders
    I need some advice with my series x 4k TV Details: Howdy folks, just got my Series X and my TV doesn't support 4k UHD at 120Hz, Games won't display at 120FPS, and it doesn't support dolby vision at 60hz or 120hz, everything else is perfectly fine....
  4. Xbox Series X TV Settings for my 4K TV showing confusing information under TV details?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X TV Settings for my 4K TV showing confusing information under TV details?: Good morning Xbox Team! I received my Xbox Series X yesterday and set it up with my Samsung 4K TV (55 inch, Model NU8000). This is a 4K/60hz tv, HDMI 2.0 (full UHD on all for HDMI ports). When...
  5. White flash flickering issue on Xbox Series X (details in the comment)

in XboX Insiders
    White flash flickering issue on Xbox Series X (details in the comment): [IMG] submitted by /u/Banthaar [link] [comments]
  6. Running Series X thru new receiver to TV. Errors galore on “4K TV Details” settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Running Series X thru new receiver to TV. Errors galore on “4K TV Details” settings: Just bought a new Sony Dolby Atmos receiver and I’m running all my devices through it (Series X, Apple TV, Cable box) and then a single HDMI cable to the Vizio 4K tv ARC input. Checked my 4K...
  7. Shipping details on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shipping details on Xbox Series X: Hi Guys, Can anybody tell me when the Xbox Series X will be shipped if it was purchased from the Microsoft store on launch day Nov 10th 2020? The money was taken out of my account and the status...
  8. Xbox Series X tech details are here!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X tech details are here!: We have a new article posted with lots of new details and video on Digital Foundry! https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-tech/ 3fb6d7b7-4093-441a-afe6-53648395f31a
  9. "Unable to get series details" for any channel and for any show in OneGuide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unable to get series details" for any channel and for any show in OneGuide: Hello, Since few days I am unable to view "Show details" for any channel and for any show in OneGuide with "Unable to get series details". I attach a link to the photo for easy reference. I've...
  10. Have a P series Vizio and the 4k details change every time I turn the console off and on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have a P series Vizio and the 4k details change every time I turn the console off and on.: Sometimes the 4k, hdr, and all the other options are checked green when I look at the 4k details tab under settings. I ll turn if off and check again and half of them say they are not supported....