Series S - when HDMI-CEC is on, freesync turns unavailable

Discus and support Series S - when HDMI-CEC is on, freesync turns unavailable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I recently purchased a Acer Vg240y monitor and a Series S. Both are working fine. But when I turn HDMI cec on in Series S, the variable refresh... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Serjey Martins, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Series S - when HDMI-CEC is on, freesync turns unavailable

Hi

I recently purchased a Acer Vg240y monitor and a Series S. Both are working fine.

But when I turn HDMI cec on in Series S, the variable refresh rate option turns unavailable.

Is this normal or there is a way to solve it?

:)

Serjey Martins, Feb 27, 2021
  2. CarolinaGamer28 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

It supports FreeSync Premium in both hdmi and display port. Someone in this chat mentioned that the One S only supports FreeSync 2. If that's the case then will the Series X support all versions of FreeSync? I just want to make sure my monitor will be
    supported properly when the Series X comes out.
  3. under_scored Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

I believe the Xbox one/360 line should be updated to support CEC
    Not happening. IR only.

Minor workaround: plug a device with CEC into your Xbox's HDMI input. When you turn it on, your CEC supported display(s) should change inputs.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

FreeSync Help

I don't know that specific monitor, but some monitors only support Freesync via Display Port. So if you connect your console via HDMI, Freesync might be unavailable, if the monitor doesn't support Freesync via HDMI.

For more information you should contact AOC or check the user manual for that monitor.
  5. Thundercleetz Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Don't count on Microsoft adding HDMI-CEC. That would require you to turn on your cable box first and not the X1. And that assuming cable boxes have HDMI-CEC capabilities (I don't have cable so I don't know, but my HD antenna converter box does not support
    CEC). Unless they somehow send a distinct IR signal to the cable box and use HDMI-CEC through the X1 to the TV/audio receiver. And isn't HDMI-CEC send the signal up to turn on and comes down to turn off. Wouldn't that mean you'd turn your X1 on to turn your
    entertainment systems all on and have to turn your TV off to turn everything off?
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

FreeSync Help

I don't know that specific monitor, but some monitors only support Freesync via Display Port. So if you connect your console via HDMI, Freesync might be unavailable, if the monitor doesn't support Freesync via HDMI.

For more information you should contact AOC or check the user manual for that monitor.
    I search a bit of infos about this monitor and seems that support FreeSync via HDMI.

IMO the option must be enabled in the settings menu.
Thema:

Series S - when HDMI-CEC is on, freesync turns unavailable

1. Series S - when HDMI-CEC is on, freesync turns unavailable - Similar Threads - Series HDMI CEC

2. : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar: : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar I have problems with hdmi cec in xbox series x since last update. Before it worked perfectly, now with last update, now when...
  3. : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't: : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no problem. Got a series X yesterday(finally!), and...
  4. HDMI-CEC not turning on Series X via LG55CX

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC not turning on Series X via LG55CX: As thread subject says, the HDMI-CEC signal to turn on the Series X when the TV switches to it's HDMI port isn't working. The Series X just stays off. I saw the CEC known issue in the pinned...
  5. Hdmi cec no fixed since launch xbox series!!

in XboX Insiders
    Hdmi cec no fixed since launch xbox series!!: Hi since xbox series launch me and another users has problems with commands hdmi cec,like volume up/down for example,im omega ring does anyone with this issue?? submitted by /u/oshju_30...
  6. HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X: After long search on the internet and contacting the xbox support, I'm still searching for a solution. The HDMI CEC doesn't work on my new Xbox Series X, unless it was working fine with my Xbox...
  7. Latest Xbox Update (Xbox Series X) HDMI-CEC Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Xbox Update (Xbox Series X) HDMI-CEC Broken: Firstly, please let me know if I need to call support to make them aware of this problem. Since the last update I've been fighting with my Xbox Series X turning on my AV receiver and TV no...
  8. HDMI-CEC Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC Series X: I have done the work around for the xbox to power on my receiver and tv. I have done a hard reset, switched inputs, and checked all settings. The xbox controlled everything up until last week....
  9. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Bug - Turning off the Xbox does not turn off the LG TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Bug - Turning off the Xbox does not turn off the LG TV: This video shows exactly what is happening: https://youtu.be/8VAbfkq2OS4 But as a description: Turning on the Xbox Series X turns on the TV Turning off the Xbox Series X does not turn off the...
  10. Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems: Hi! I have some problem with 2 things, but it's tie. I have a Xbox Series S and TV LG 49LF630V, that's old TV panel, but it have HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK, LG name of this). I turn ON all function...