Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues

Discus and support Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately every 4K blu ray I play is having issues with freezing and then jumping ahead by like 30 seconds. Never had this issue until about 2 months ago... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RayRayy4528, Sep 21, 2022.

1. RayRayy4528
    RayRayy4528 Guest

Lately every 4K blu ray I play is having issues with freezing and then jumping ahead by like 30 seconds. Never had this issue until about 2 months ago while watching a Planet Earth doc. Thought it was the disc but the other day it also happened with Dune (2021) as well as Skyfall. Happens 1-2 times in each movie. Anyone else having this problem?

:)

RayRayy4528, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
  3. Zahidul I. Chowdhury Win User

XBOX ONE S poor HDR support with UHD BluRays

I'm having similar issue with HDR content especially through 4K UHD Blu-ray playback. There seems to be no fix for past 10 months. This is very poor of Microsoft to ignore. Now that Xbox One X is out, it too have HDR issues with 4K UHD player & Netflix app.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Series X question

I ended up doing that as I was a bit worried about the optical drive in my Xbox One x when it refused to play certain 4k Blue ray disks.
    My old Xbox One X had issues with some UHD movies, so much so that I too bought a stand alone UHD Blue-ray player. Playback issues were (probably still are) common on the One X. I've never played a single Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray or DVD in my Series X.

There really isn't any need to test all of the discs. Test a few. If the discs are in good clean order they would have played on another BD player.
  5. User 9242019 Win User

UHD Blu Rays

It doesn't support 4K UHD playback.

If you are referring to "Mastered in 4K" discs those are just 1080p titles made from a 4K master.

New hardware is required to playback UHD Blu-Ray.
  6. Rcbynature Win User

4k support

several new release Blu-Rays are coming mastered in 4K so its time the Xbox One did an update to support the playback. I have a 4K tv and dont want to pay out for another blu ray surround to get 4k support when the Xbox could and should support playback..its
    only firmware afterall isnt it?
Thema:

1. Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues - Similar Threads - Series Blu Ray

2. Series X - wont play Xbox one disc or DVD’s but plays Blu Rays.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - wont play Xbox one disc or DVD’s but plays Blu Rays.: Noticed about 3-4 months back, that my console wouldn’t play DVds, didn’t think much of it at the time, but the problem kept recurring. Now I notice Xbox one disc aren’t recognized either....
  3. DTS Logo scene from Blu-Ray TVShow/Movie causes my Xbox Series X to shut off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS Logo scene from Blu-Ray TVShow/Movie causes my Xbox Series X to shut off.: Hello. My Xbox Series X won't play this DTS orchestra logo whenever I watch a TV show on Blu-Ray. The screen goes black but the sound plays then it makes that skipping sound and causes my Xbox...
  4. Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X: So I’ve encountered a few Blu-rays that worked on the Xbox One X but crash when trying to play on Series X. Doctor Who series 7 part 1 and part 2 discs crash after the BBC logo the console just...
  5. What regions of blu ray and DVD does Series X support?

in XBoX on Windows
    What regions of blu ray and DVD does Series X support?: There is this blu ray pack that is Region B/2, and I was looking up on what region Xbox Series X is, and I don't understand. Can someone tell me in just a simple phrase if its region free or...
  6. Will Xbox series x play 3d Blu-ray’s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox series x play 3d Blu-ray’s?: So I have my 700 dollar Xbox series x for months now I have a 4k 3d projector and a lg plasma smart 3d tv that once in a while like to watch one of the few good 3d movies on. My one of Xbox one...
  7. Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install Blu-ray app in alpha skip ahead on Series X: I’m on alpha skip ahead and when I first got my Series X, I was able to to watch 4K blu-rays. It started acting weird and would just show a black screen. I uninstalled the app and now when I try...
  8. Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug: Hello everyone, here is my problem : I am the proud owner of an Xbox Series X. I have an old Sony Kdl 32HX755 television that does 1080p with no hdr, no dolby vision, and etc. I bought the...
  9. Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player: Can’t seem to find a definitive answer online. Was going to buy a 4K Blu-Ray Player but many of them say it’s Upscaled 4K and many reviews say that many players have freezing issues etc. Does...
  10. Xbox Series X/S Blu Ray Specs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/S Blu Ray Specs: Hello, Will the Series X/S play home burned 50GB Double Layer Blu Ray discs? I'm burning 4K videos to these discs and need to know if they will work before I buy a new Xbox. Needless to say my...