Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound

Discus and support Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, My 2 day old Series X does not provide sound to my TV. It previously did. I had watched Netflix. Later I played online with friends. The next... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VinceC123, Jan 23, 2022.

1. VinceC123
    VinceC123 Guest

Hi All,

My 2 day old Series X does not provide sound to my TV. It previously did. I had watched Netflix. Later I played online with friends. The next day when I got on, I was asked to do an update on controller. I did the update. My console thinks my headset is connected so there is no sound to TV.

I have tried cycling through TV inputs.

I have attempted to connect a different controller. The controller was recognized, but the still no sound.

I attempted to reset console.

I re set up the console.

Still no sound to the TV. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any suggestions?

:)

VinceC123, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options.

3. Select Video fidelity & overscan.

4. Under Display, select HDMI.

You may also check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. VinceC123 Win User

Thank You!! That was the issue.
  4. ROBOSLIDER Win User

Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?

I too was very disappointed when the lack of optical out came to light with the Series X. I also thought this was a stupid omission by Sony on the PS4 Slim. I'm happy with my current headset solution and its Dolby Digital 5.1 performance, but it relies on
    an optical connection.

Edit: Having done some tests with my current setup, I cannot get surround sound to my headset without optical out directly from the console, so to continue to use a headset with the Series X, I will have spend more money. I've been with the Xbox brand since
    the OG Xbox, but this has definitely tarnished my feelings towards the Series X a bit.
  5. Razza12003 Win User

Turtle Beach+HDMI

Yeah I have the same set up, hdmi connected to the tv which provides the TV with both picture and sound and then the turtle beach connected to the xbox audio adapter to supply the headset with sound.... So yes with this set up, both the tv and the headset
    receive audio :)
  6. Brenton Venables Win User

One Guide - Freeview Sydney Australia - No info available

I really think they (Microsoft) are dropping that OTA TV Guide (Option) due to the fact that the Xbox Series X has no HDMI In. So There will be no OTA TV option so they are phasing us out. Very disappointing!!
    I use the dvb-t usb tuner. Why would that be unsupported on series x?
Thema:

1. Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound - Similar Threads - Series Console thinks

2. Xbox series X Remote play console needs more authetication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Remote play console needs more authetication: I'm trying to play my Xbox Series X remotely on my Laptop and I keep getting an error cV: UMy0G4cexfOG276sKuq8o2.8 it says I need more authentication on my console. Don't have a clue what it's...
  3. Roblox on Xbox series X|S keeps crashing console and console light blinks twice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox on Xbox series X|S keeps crashing console and console light blinks twice: Idk why this is happening but my Roblox keeps crashing my Xbox Series S randomly. Only when I’m playing it, it freezes at a certain point and my Xbox Series S crashes for at least a minute. I...
  4. Xbox series x home console issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series x home console issues: I just recently got a Xbox series x, when I try to set it as my home console it loads for a minute then unchecks the button. There's no error codes, nothing says I've had my maximum home Xbox...
  5. I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.: I cannot see the games I have purchased on my x box series s even though I am logged in with the same username. b8785cca-eacc-4929-bb77-294e88b0b474
  6. Xbox Series X - Standby mode turns console off fully

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Standby mode turns console off fully: Hello, I have an issue with my Xbox Series X that only started in the last month or two - the console has it's sleep mode set to standby, so should have the always-on functionality, however...
  7. How do you manage Original Xbox saves on an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you manage Original Xbox saves on an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console?: I've been playing a lot of Morrowind on my Series X lately, and I ran into an issue earlier today where the game said I ran out of space to make a new save. For the life of me I can't find out how...
  8. Have issues with power with my Xbox Series X: Halo Edition console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have issues with power with my Xbox Series X: Halo Edition console?: I'm having issues with the new console Xbox Series X; for some reason, the console does not want to stay on when pressing the power button from the console or when trying to turn it on with the...
  9. Captures showing up in app but not on Series X console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Captures showing up in app but not on Series X console.: I am trying to upload a video, but I need it to be on the console for the most convenient method of uploading it where I need it to go. Unfortunately, the video capture I created is only...
  10. Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD: One of the first things I did after getting my console out of the box and setting it up was insert my disc copy of Forza Horizon 1. It detected the game, installed it, and I was able to play it...