Series X controller has stiff trigger

Discus and support Series X controller has stiff trigger in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got the 20th anniversary controller for the Series X and for a few weeks it worked perfectly fine. Now whenever I put batteries in it, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Derncake, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Derncake
    Derncake Guest

I recently got the 20th anniversary controller for the Series X and for a few weeks it worked perfectly fine. Now whenever I put batteries in it, the left trigger gets really stiff and squeaks a lot. It seems like the battery tab is almost pressing against the side of the trigger but it's not a problem I've ever heard of and it works fine when the battery compartment is empty. Any help would be appreciated cause I have no idea how to fix it.

:)

Derncake, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. CCN_HsK Win User

Xbox Series X type-c port?

On the video, Xbox Series X has USB type A only.

The new controller, I think is type-A (Xbox Series X) to type-c (controller). (Elite2 is a to c usb)
  4. Jaxpug Win User

Controller

Ive had the baseline controllers for years and keep holding back from pulling the trigger (get it?) for an elite controller. When the series 2 came out, I was ready to go get one, but the fervor died off with reports of disconnecting.

Right now I’m still waiting to get an elite. I plan on it sometime this year, maybe with the Series X
  5. isturbo1984 Win User

greatest track in videogame history

Mega Man II... Mega Man X...

Chrono Trigger...

God of War series...
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

1. Series X controller has stiff trigger - Similar Threads - Series controller has

2. Series x controller has controller drift

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller has controller drift: I own two series x controllers and they have bolth controller drift i have owned the first for about 7 months and the second one for two months I have the second one because I claimed the warranty...
  3. XBox Series X Controller Less than 1 year old has significant Drift - What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Controller Less than 1 year old has significant Drift - What can I do?: I invested about $65.00 for a shock blue XBox Series X controller to use with my PC in January 2021. I purchased it from the XBox store along with a Controller Gear Universal Pro Charging Stand....
  4. What can i do if my xbox elite series 2 controller has factory problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can i do if my xbox elite series 2 controller has factory problems?: Where can i send it? would you change me the one i have for a new one? d671c312-5d8e-4419-b594-b4e4ab46357f
  5. Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY): Hello, today I got my Elite 2 controller delivered to me and I immediately noticed that the face buttons (ABXY) do not always register when pressing them down, much like in this...
  6. XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...

in XboX Insiders
    XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...: I have seen a number of posts of similar nature however what is unique here is the sync button itself works (to get to Bios) but not the blinking or ability to sync any devices. I suspect a...
  7. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box: I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been...
  8. Elite series 2 controller on pc has bad input lag

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 controller on pc has bad input lag: I have tried every updating the polling rate and installing drivers, i olay warzone i even tired a changing the priority of the game beacuse someone said it might work that didnt either. Why does...
  9. Control game has problem on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control game has problem on Xbox Series S: The Control game is having several crashes on my Xbox Series S. Sometimes it simply crashes with a high-pitched sound, other times it displays a out of vídeo memory message. I would like to know...
  10. [Fix Request] Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series X|S controllers through Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    [Fix Request] Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series X|S controllers through Xbox...: Hey, everyone. Hopefully this is the right place to post this issue. I'll be making a comment in the Xbox Request thread but if either that or this post have to be removed, the mods can feel free...