series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the...

Discus and support series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Finally took the plunge and upgraded to the series X and had nothing but issues with it. The controller often disconnects within minutes of starting a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by foxyman46, Jul 14, 2021.

1. foxyman46
    foxyman46 Guest

series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the...

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to the series X and had nothing but issues with it. The controller often disconnects within minutes of starting a game, the screen flickers at the same time then the controller disconnects. This then moves onto another failure, either the console then turns itself off or it loses connection to the wifi.

Not exactly the best experience (never had any issues with the 360 or the one).

Trying a factory reset and will see if that cures anything.

Anyone with any advice please, huge outlay for no gaming and no use of the series x / brick that it has now become!

:)

foxyman46, Jul 14, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the console to switch itself off

3. Arminator Win User

Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time

I'd assume your console is connected wirelessly to your WiFi. Since you say the network as well as the controller are disconnecting, I'd guesstimate, that you have a device that also uses the 2.4GHz frequency like the controllers and the WiFi, that interferes
    with your WiFi and wireless controller connection.

It might be a badly shielded microwave oven, or a wireless baby monitor, or a garage door opener remote or one of those remotely switchable power outlets that might cause interference that causes your controller and WiFi to get disconnected.
  4. a123456a Win User

Wireless controllers disconnecting

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation!
  5. jandoedle Win User

Controller lagging/disconnecting unexpectedly

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation.
  6. xDarkWraith75x Win User

Network Issues?

If you have something wired to the router it will take priority over the WiFi which can cause devices using WiFi to lag or disconnect from servers.

Hooe that helps a little.
Thema:

1. series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the... - Similar Threads - series controller keeps

2. Xbox Series X controller keeps vibrating randomly even when turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller keeps vibrating randomly even when turned off: One of my Xbox Series X controllers, which is relatively new, keeps randomly vibrating. Even when it's supposed to be turned off. At first it only did it a couple of times every few minutes, and...
  3. Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off: I don't know if there is something I can do with it, but every time I connect the controller to the cable and I'm using it at the same time it just turns off again and again, it only happens when...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?!: So I've had a Series X controller (WIRELESS CONTROLLER BUT USING A USB CABLE) now for a good 6-8(?) months and had no issues. Last week it randomly started cutting out whilst in game (F1/Rocket...
  5. My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device: My series x is constantly disconnecting my external hard drive kicking me out of any game I am playing which is very frustrating. My Xbox one and one x never had this issue with my device so I'm...
  6. X Box Series S Picture keeps breaking up and Controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series S Picture keeps breaking up and Controller disconnects: I only recently in the last week got an X box S. I set it up and all seemed ok. However within a couple of days I noticed a real lag on Forza Horizon 4. I have a fast internet connection (and a X...
  7. Xbox Series controller keeps scrolling to the right in Xcloud browser app and doesn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series controller keeps scrolling to the right in Xcloud browser app and doesn't...: Hi there, while trying to play on Xcloud in browser app, both in Chrome and Edge, the Xbox Series controller I have connected keeps scrolling to the right while browsing the Xcloud menu, and once...
  8. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting: I’ve followed all the steps outlined on the site, and none of them work. This never happened until upgrading the system software a few days ago. Now it won’t connect back AT ALL....
  9. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  10. Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X: Xbox Series X Xbox Elite 2 Controller Steel Series Arctis 9x Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting randomly at least once per day, I can‘t seem to work out whats triggering it - somtimes...