Series x controller randomly disconnects

Discus and support Series x controller randomly disconnects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my series x for 4 months and from day one I've had connectivity issues, I think I've done all the fixes I could find online but I figured... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sbooky, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Sbooky
    Sbooky Guest

I have had my series x for 4 months and from day one I've had connectivity issues, I think I've done all the fixes I could find online but I figured posting on here might help. I've updated both the Xbox and the controller, unpaired and repaired both devices, turned off the Xbox completely and pulled the batteries out of the controller and booted it all back up again, but after all this it still disconnects. It will seem to work for around 20 min and then it will usually cut out 2-3 times then be ok for another 20 min. I just wanna do some gaming with a working controller.

Any suggestions?

:)

Sbooky, Jul 21, 2021
  2. AisaBansuan Win User

Alright. Please keep this in case you need it Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings > System > Console info > reset then keep my games and apps.
  3. AisaBansuan Win User

It's worth a shot though but to best isolate the issue, have you tried any other controller? I asked because if it happens to other controller, I'm afraid the console needs a service.
  4. AisaBansuan Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged in to the console right now? Or any other wireless devices that is attached or near your console?
  5. AisaBansuan Win User

I see. This time, I'll be providing you a step to restore your console to its factory defaults to remove all potentially corrupted files that can interrupt you from using the console’s full potential. Nothing to worry as everything will stay intact, you just need to sign in using your account. No games or apps will be deleted. Make sure you know your emails and password, okay?
  6. Sbooky Win User

I don't, the only thing I have hooked up is a headset plugged into the controller.
Thema:

1. Series x controller randomly disconnects - Similar Threads - Series controller randomly

2. Random 10 second controller disconnects Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random 10 second controller disconnects Series X: Still haven’t found a solution to this problem, started about 2 weeks ago, controller will just stop responding, disconnects and reconnects itself automatically after about 10 seconds. The lights...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Randomly Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Randomly Disconnecting: I've had my Series X for a couple of months now with no problems until about a fortnight ago, now I'm having issues with the controller randomly disconnecting. I'm a bit confused as how this can...
  4. Xbox Series X controller randomly disconnects on me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller randomly disconnects on me: Hello all Looking for some support/advise here. I purchased an Xbox Series X console a couple months ago. it was going great for the first couple months. Now, randomly, every 3-4 days of gaming,...
  5. Xbox Series X Controller(s) causing headset “Crackling” & Random Shut offs?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller(s) causing headset “Crackling” & Random Shut offs?: Hi‍♂️Guys/Gals. Could REALLY use some feedback/insight. Several weeks back I noticed my headset would randomly begin crackling (static noises) ever so often during play sessions. The controller...
  6. Xbox elite series 2 controller B paddle randomly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller B paddle randomly stopped working: So I’ve had this controller for over a year and the warranty has ran out. All of the other paddles work except for the B paddle. It first started a week ago not responding to each press but still...
  7. Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues, as the subject line says, every once in a while the system will become unresponsive and shut itself down... This has happened to...
  8. Xbox series x controller disconnected randomly, wont re-pair without restarting xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller disconnected randomly, wont re-pair without restarting xbox.: Was playing madden 21. The controller disconnected screen came up, the controller just did the slow flash. Controller sitting in front of the xbox wouldnt re-pair. Had to power down the xbox with...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 random disconnects on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 random disconnects on pc: Controller completely shuts off randomly. Fully charged. This wasn't a problem the first few months I had it. Recently it is happening nightly. 9e105b3d-ce49-4c80-88d1-c16bf3ed216f
  10. Series X Controller “A” randomly not working on dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller “A” randomly not working on dashboard: Brand new series X and after a week of playing the “A” button will not work on the dashboard. The menu tiles will flash, indicating it is recognizing the button press but it wont do anything. if...