Series x controller share button not working since update

Discus and support Series x controller share button not working since update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all Randomly my share button is not working correctly, if i tap it records a clip and if i hold it takes a clip.. I have remapped to switch them... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KevBaz, Jan 13, 2021.

1. /u/KevBaz
    /u/KevBaz Guest

Hi all

Randomly my share button is not working correctly, if i tap it records a clip and if i hold it takes a clip..

I have remapped to switch them around and now it only takes screenshots and not clip.

On system firmware .5496.210105-1930 Controller FW 5.52641.0

Anyone else come across this?

submitted by /u/KevBaz
    [link] [comments]

/u/KevBaz, Jan 13, 2021
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  3. CyTeK1978 Win User

Remove mixer and community app from my console

and more will be coming, lets think about the share button on the new series x controller.
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox series x controller question

It depends what charging station you mean.

If it's a charging station that plugs into the Micro USB port of the current Xbox One controllers, then it won't work, as the new controllers have an USB C type connector instead of the Micro USB connector.

If it's a third party charging station that comes with a special battery pack that has charging contacts on the outside, it might be possible that it still works.

But since you can use your existing Xbox One controllers on the Series X directly, you shouldn't need to use the new controller type, unless you really need to use the new share button.

So you can still use a Xbox One controller with a Xbox One charging station on the Xbox Series X.
Thema:

1. Series x controller share button not working since update - Similar Threads - Series controller share

2. XBox Series X Controller Syncing/Connectivity Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Controller Syncing/Connectivity Issue: Not sure how to get help on this. Hopefully someone can help or point me in the correct direction. Every few days my both my controllers will not connect to my Series X when I turn it on. The...
  3. One of the paddles on my Elite Series 2 controller is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One of the paddles on my Elite Series 2 controller is not working.: One of my paddles is not seating right and will not function the button behind it. What options do I have here? dbaea228-1aa0-4747-8bb8-ef753f3e392c
  4. xbox series X controller randomly disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series X controller randomly disconnected: When I was trying to hook up my new headset, the xbox button on my controller started blinking and disconnected from my xbox. i tried re pairing my controller wirelessly and with a wire as well as...
  5. Audio Issues on Xbox One using a Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues on Xbox One using a Series X controller: I'm having problems with my audio after I launch games enhanced for X/S on my xbox one. My audio through headset becomes choppy and unusable I have tried switching to an xbox one controller...
  6. Share-button Series Controller funtional in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Share-button Series Controller funtional in Windows 10?: I recently purchased the new Xbox Series Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. After both updating the wireless adapter and controller to the latest drivers and firmware (5.5.2641.0) and...
  7. Xbox series s/x controller share button on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s/x controller share button on PC: Hi! I was wondering can you assign the share button on the new controller? Because i'd like to be able to use the one new feature i bought this for. thx bac15d95-53df-4d2d-9dda-34375cd4c5b8
  8. Share button Xbox Series controller in Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Share button Xbox Series controller in Windows 10: Hi there! My new Xbox Series controller doesn't take screenshots or clips at the click of the Share button. Xbox Game Bar is on. Also noticed that the Share button doesn't appear in the Xbox...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller Share Button on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Controller Share Button on PC: Hello, i received the new xbox controller today and i use it on my PC.Can someone tell me how the Share Button works?Share button works only on consoles? f719308a-d2e9-4b7d-a8c3-bb3f8a1d0353
  10. Will there be a Series X Elite 2(or 3) controller with the share button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a Series X Elite 2(or 3) controller with the share button?: I have an elite 1 controller and have been thinking about upgrading but realized neither of the current versions have the share button featured on the new Series X controllers. I can wait if they...