: Series X disconnecting from game servers??

Discus and support : Series X disconnecting from game servers?? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Series X disconnecting from game servers?? Hello there @peterj30, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by peterj30, Feb 22, 2021.

1. peterj30
    peterj30 Guest

Hello there @peterj30, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Code:
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
    :)

peterj30, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Series X disconnecting from game servers??

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you transport Xbox 360 / One games on a Harddrive of some sort on a Series X?

If you have an Xbox One with an external USB 3.0 hard drive connected to it with games installed on it. Then just disconnect the drive from the Xbox One, and connect it to the Series X, the drive should be recognized, and you should be able to play the games without having to install them.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
Thema:

1. : Series X disconnecting from game servers?? - Similar Threads - Series disconnecting game

2. Xbox Series X Controller Disconnect Issue and Fix That Worked for Me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Disconnect Issue and Fix That Worked for Me: I was fortunate enough to pick up an Xbox Series X a few days ago and, like others, I ran into the controller disconnect issue the first night I had the console. My controller would disconnect and...
  3. Xbox Series X Disconnecting From WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Disconnecting From WiFi: I preordered my Xbox Series X and it has been constantly disconnecting from WiFi in the middle of games. It has gotten to the point where it is almost unplayable. I have no way to make my...
  4. Xbox Serie X disconnect from WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Serie X disconnect from WiFi: Hello i don't know if anyone have the same problem.. but here it goes.. When i play online games the xbox keep's disconnecting from the wifi and connect's a little after.. it's so annoying when...
  5. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  6. Xbox series s crashing and disconnecting mid- game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s crashing and disconnecting mid- game: Series s constantly crashing and disconnecting. I mainly pmay cod or fortnite but they constantly crash and disconnect. Ill load into a game and after 5-10 mins the game will crash. If the game...
  7. Series X disconnecting from game servers??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnecting from game servers??: My Series X keeps disconnecting from game servers, it does this on multiple games, Dark Souls 3 and remastered, GangBeasts. My og Xbox one doesnt and runs fine, any help would be appreciated....
  8. Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnects after 5-10 mins of gaming.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnects after 5-10 mins of gaming.: I have an Xbox Series X controller I bought for my Windows 10 Gaming PC last week. It ended up disconnecting constantly, regardless of whatever game I was playing kept on disconnecting every 5-10...
  9. Seagate Game Drive 2TB disconnects and reconnects on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Seagate Game Drive 2TB disconnects and reconnects on Series X: So it randomly disconnects and reconnects in under 1 sec, with the message "Game Drive can be used now". It happens when i play SX Games on the SSD, but also when i play X One Games with the...
  10. The new xbox series x controller disconnects when the game is on loading on Fortnite

in XboX Insiders
    The new xbox series x controller disconnects when the game is on loading on Fortnite: [Beta ring] Hi, I'm playing a lot of different games with the new controller on my old xbox one fat, i don't have any problem on any game except Fortnite, where every match the controller keeps...