Series X Fan turns completely off and stays off while in Instant On mode, console gets very...

Discus and support Series X Fan turns completely off and stays off while in Instant On mode, console gets very... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series X fan turns completely off in standby which is concerning to me. Is this normal because I went to the unit while it was turned off and felt... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cire605, May 16, 2021.

1. Cire605
    Cire605 Guest

Series X Fan turns completely off and stays off while in Instant On mode, console gets very...

My Series X fan turns completely off in standby which is concerning to me. Is this normal because I went to the unit while it was turned off and felt the side and it was very warm probably 50c on the side I then powered the system on to get the fan running and it started blowing very warm air out the top of the unit.

:)

Cire605, May 16, 2021
  2. lacurra-05E83527-5E6 Win User

My games are not downloading when I turn the Xbox off and instant mode is on

I'm having the same issue but with my series X. Downloads fine while on but as soon as i turn it off (in instant on mode) everything stops
  3. Smwutches Win User

what is the proper way to fully shutdown xbox one s

If you have the console set for instant on mode, turning the console off will put it into standby mode. You would have to turn it completely off by holding the power button down on the console.

If it's not on instant on mode, then turning it off via the controller or settings would turn it completely off.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox serie X Hot

yes i know but i turn it off and it even being 3 days off, it seems that it was on because it is very hot, as if it were working
    The Xbox Series X in instant on mode does still create some heat, its down to the SSD, which are well known for running very warm.

If your concerned perhaps turn the instant on mode off.
  5. PorQ 201 Win User

Xbox Light on

Go to settings and turn on energy saving mode. This will turn the console completely off, but will take up to 45-60 seconds to turn on. You will not be able to use the X Box Turn On feature, get updates, or instant start up.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Series X Noises

Is it possible your console in on instant on mode? That could be the reason why the fan is still on. If you turn the power to power saving mode, that will turn the console off without the fan spinning.
Thema:

1. Series X Fan turns completely off and stays off while in Instant On mode, console gets very... - Similar Threads - Series Fan turns

2. Xbox series fan turn very fast only on opening games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series fan turn very fast only on opening games: Hello I ve had a little problem with the series x when i launch a game (aragami 2 gamepass version) the fan turn at full speed even before start playing it , Notice i don't hve any issues with...
  3. Issues with a loud fan on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with a loud fan on Series S: Has anyone else had any issues with their Series S fan? When I first started using it on day of release it was practically silent but now, depending on the game, it can sometimes be so loud that...
  4. Xbox Series X Fan Not Turning Off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Fan Not Turning Off: Recently I've noticed how my series x's fan doesn't turn off even when console has been off for a while and it's not warm and was wondering if this is a normal thing that people have been having...
  5. Xbox Series S - Fan dont turn off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S - Fan dont turn off: I noticed since last update that even i turn my Xbox off the fan still goas on. Im not talking about 10-15 min but several hours. Sometimes the fan stops but in this case i find the xbox is very...
  6. Series X out of nowhere turns on (fan starts to spin, logo doesn't glow)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X out of nowhere turns on (fan starts to spin, logo doesn't glow): Hello, I might be experiencing issue with my series X or is it maybe an option in settings? This happened for the second time, almost precisely at the same time of the day. Console is turned on...
  7. Xbox series X fan never turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X fan never turning on: Hi, I had problems starting last week with my controller disconnecting nonstop. Now when it does that and I turn off the console to try and fix it it will not turn back on. Then when looking at...
  8. Series X - Anyone else have their fan finally turn off on stand-by?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Anyone else have their fan finally turn off on stand-by?: As much an FYI post but also curious if everyone is the same... First week or so the fan on my Series X was always on - even after the console had been in stand-by for hours. I've seen a few...
  9. my xbox series x fan is turn off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x fan is turn off?: i dont know if it is an issue or not.my xbox series x in turned off its fan when i put it on stand by mode but it is still downloading and doing all normal staffs ,please tell me is that normal...
  10. Xbox Series X fan turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan turns off: Console is on instant on. Sometimes the fan runs for a while after shutting down but sometimes it doesn't. Right now I shut doewn 10 minutes ago and the fan isn't turning. There is no heat at all...