Series X flickering/flashing after last update

Discus and support Series X flickering/flashing after last update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, so, today I had an update on my series x, when its finished, I start playing, and noticed that the screen of my tv is flickering/flashing,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IgorD.I.M., May 14, 2022.

1. IgorD.I.M.
    IgorD.I.M. Guest

Hello, so, today I had an update on my series x, when its finished, I start playing, and noticed that the screen of my tv is flickering/flashing, specially on darker scenes...so I went to the options, and on tv specs, noticed that dolby was not with "check" icon, but with triangular icon, before the update, I remember that were all with "check" icon..I don't know if its connected, but its a fact...I already tried to change some options, like turning off hdr, or dolby, or even YCC 422, but nothing seems solving the problem...really strange and I don't know what to do...as anyone have the same issue after this update ?

:)

IgorD.I.M., May 14, 2022
  2. IgorD.I.M. Win User

I didn't try that, because I always used that cable, and never had problem with it :/
  3. IgorD.I.M. Win User

Yeah, but if it was the cable, the issue go for all games right ? For example, on forza horizon 5 have no problem, but halo infinity and batman arkham city have the problem...also I tried to change the hdmi port on tv, and the problem persist.

So I turned off dolby vision, didn't solve, turn off hdr, didn't solve, turn off YCC didn't solve...just 2 min ago I reset the xbox, and now installing halo and batman to test if its ok.

Curious thing is that now that it reseted, on video options, th dolby vision for gaming was disabled...

Update: after factory reset, the problem persist, but I noticed that when I put 4k 60hz instead of 120hz, the problem is solved...and when 120hz but on other resolution than 4k, its solved too...but before the actual update on 13.05.2022, it was ok even for 4k with 120hz :/

And its not the cable either, tried other one with high speed, but still the same, the only think I blame is the update...because, before updating, it was all ok :/
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Igord

May I know if you try using a other HDMI cable on your console?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Oh, thanks for the update.
    Yeah, in this case probably was the update the one that cause this issue.

In this situation the best option is send this feedback to Microsoft including your TV model.
    In that way they're going to be aware of the issue and release a fix as soon as possible:
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback

Or if you want to give it a shot, perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. IgorD.I.M. Win User

Do you think I should do the offline update? Can it solve the issue? Is there any problem with making it, can I lose the warranty? Or can it go wrong and broke the console?

I already post the feedback on site you gave me, but there wasn't theme particularly for my issues, so I put it on "xbox cloud gaming" don't know if I make it right

Another update: so today I notice, that if I turn off VRR and have 4k120hz, the problem gone, or if I have VRR on 4k120hz but in game (used halo on this test) change to 120 instead having 60, the problem is solved too...although, turning off VRR, having 4k120hz its ok to have 120 or 60 in game...
Thema:

1. Series X flickering/flashing after last update - Similar Threads - Series flickering flashing

2. Screen Flickering/Flashing - Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Flickering/Flashing - Xbox Series X: I have screen flickering/flashing issue while setting up my Xbox Series X. I have tried changing HDMI cables, tried changing HDMI port, switching from TV to my monitor, but this issue keeps...
  3. Flickering and flashing om series s and x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flickering and flashing om series s and x: Hi. Im having issues with flickering on Bright objects while gaming on series x and s. Im playing on a Samsung oddysey g5. For example, i Bright Shining moon and sun om the sky with Clouds in...
  4. Elex Xbox Series X image flickering/flashes during the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elex Xbox Series X image flickering/flashes during the game: Image flashes in Elex. This happens at random times and becomes more frequent when it rains in the game. This happens in resolution mode and performance mode. I've tried turning variable refresh...
  5. Xbox Series X: white flash flickering issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X: white flash flickering issue: Here is my video of my problem: https://youtu.be/kLL9NIssjNQ Hi. ‍♂️ I’m using the original 2.1 HDMI cable from the Xbox Series X with a BenQ rl2455hm Monitor (6-7 years old, 1080p & 60 Hz no...
  6. Xbox Series X white flash flickering

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X white flash flickering: [IMG] submitted by /u/Banthaar [link] [comments]
  7. White flash flickering issue on Xbox Series X (details in the comment)

in XboX Insiders
    White flash flickering issue on Xbox Series X (details in the comment): [IMG] submitted by /u/Banthaar [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Series X: white flash flickering issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: white flash flickering issue: Hi. ‍♂️ I’m using the original HDMI cable from Xbox with a BenQ rl2455hm Monitor (6-7 years old, 1080p & 60 Hz no other features). Had it since XMas a view times. Workaround is a restart of the...
  9. Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz: Dear Sir/Madam, With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is...
  10. Need some help, Series X screen white flash/flicker

in XboX Insiders
    Need some help, Series X screen white flash/flicker: Hey, I've been trying to get some help with a problem I'm having with my new Series X. I'm using a Samsung U32J590 4K 60hz monitor, I keep getting random white flashes on the screen, in game,...