Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only)

Discus and support Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've experienced this problem since launch and have yet to see it on a list of known issues so I don't know if it's being worked on. Basically any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Davrilor, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Davrilor
    Davrilor Guest

I've experienced this problem since launch and have yet to see it on a list of known issues so I don't know if it's being worked on. Basically any Series X enhanced game can have wildly desynced audio on any game captures you take. I have experienced this
    issue with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, Gears Tactics, and Destiny 2, though Destiny 2 did not have this problem until after it's next-gen update.

The problem happens on about 90% of clips I take from those games and the audio can be off by a few seconds up to sometimes 6 or 7 seconds at times. I have not experienced this problem with games that have not gotten next-gen enhancements, like Cyberpunk
    2077. I have tried every setting for resolution and clip duration and it makes no difference. Please fix...

:)

Davrilor, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

I know that Series S can't use the XIX enhancements. I'm asking if the Series X
    will be using the XIX Enhancements. Thank you for taking the time to respond however.
    Yes, why wouldn't it be? Faster processor, graphics and more RAM (16 GB). I did already state in my previous reply that Series X will play X1X enhanced titles.

Digital Foundry (a popular YouTube tech channel) have shown a video of Gears 5 running on Series X.

Not only was Series X running the X1X Gears game, the developer has enhanced it again for Series X.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
  4. Lofty Who Win User

What quality will the Xbox One record in?

5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

Hi,

I doubt you'll get a direct answer from here, not from the Microsoft tech team anyway. But as I understand it, Series X will run all Xbox One games and all the games currently BC for Xbox One. This will include the Xbox One X enhanced titles.

The Series S will not be able to run enhanced titles. Instead it will run them as Xbox One base games, but, it will apply it's own enhancements instead.

Why can't Series S run Xbox One X enhanced games?

So, you would think that being that the series S is also a next gen system it should run Xbox One enhanced titles, but it can't. The reason is quite a simple one, RAM (Random Access Memory). The Xbox One X has 12 GB of RAM, which around 9 is usable for games.
    The Series S only has around 8 GB.

Pushing high resolution textures and indeed 4K resolutions (or near 4K) requires lots or RAM. But to keep costs low, Series S has less RAM.

The series S won't run Xbox One games exactly how the original Xbox One runs them. It will still run them better. Which means better frame rates and better resolutions, but it can't run Xbox One games that have enhancements for the Xbox One X. They will
    still work, but they won't be enhanced. I'm not sure about Xbox 360 enhanced titles.
  6. neorecon Win User

Video capture devices

Are they able to capture audio if you wanted to create a "Let's Play" Game series?
Thema:

1. Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only) - Similar Threads - Series game DVR

2. Installed games on external HDD are not showing in my games & apps when connected to Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games on external HDD are not showing in my games & apps when connected to Series X: HI folks, as the title says games I know are installed on my external HDD show up when connected to my one x, however when the same HDD is connected to the series X the games don't show up....
  3. 500 games uninstall but it keeps the series x and s games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    500 games uninstall but it keeps the series x and s games: I had 500 + games on my xbox now just the series x and s games wow back to 3 week install them all 42b8d3fc-ba11-47ef-972b-c3caff298d50
  4. Is remote Play (Game Pass Ultimate) with new Xbox Series (S/X) not working anymore ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is remote Play (Game Pass Ultimate) with new Xbox Series (S/X) not working anymore ?: Why is Remote Play with Xbox Series S/X to compatible Windows 10 PCs/Surface Books not possible. Remote Play Function in the Xbox Menu is marked active. I am Ultimate Game Pass User and the Remote...
  5. Bough a xbox one S game code instested of series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bough a xbox one S game code instested of series S: So i got this assassin creed unity game code from my dad but the problem is he bought the xbox one S game and i got xbox series s console . can i still use the code ?? and if yes how to redeem it...
  6. i can't game stream on xbox series x/s

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't game stream on xbox series x/s: I try to game stream through the xbox console companion and it keeps saying i have game streaming turned off in my setting so i go in my setting and check to see if remote play is on and it is on...
  7. Xbox series x wont install my disk games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x wont install my disk games: I need help guys i took it for an online repair and it came back a week later still not able to install any of my disk games....im truly upset because i really want to play on my new console...is...
  8. Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnects after 5-10 mins of gaming.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnects after 5-10 mins of gaming.: I have an Xbox Series X controller I bought for my Windows 10 Gaming PC last week. It ended up disconnecting constantly, regardless of whatever game I was playing kept on disconnecting every 5-10...
  9. Game DVR not working with AMD Radeon R7 200 series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR not working with AMD Radeon R7 200 series: I spent a fruitless hour with Microsoft support trying to get an AMD Radeon R7 200 series card on my MSI i7 motherboard to record with Windows 10. The card is listed as supported and there was no...
  10. Game DVR and Total War Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR and Total War Series: Hello, Has anyone tried to record any of the Total War games through Steam using the Xbox Game DVR on Windows 10? I've pretty much tried every game and can't get the gamebar to pop up in full...