Series X HDR Dimming

Discus and support Series X HDR Dimming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever any HDR content is displayed whether it be games, shows, screenshots my screen dims now. I have the series x and had the one x before this and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ja0 Son, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Ja0 Son
    Ja0 Son Guest

Series X HDR Dimming

Whenever any HDR content is displayed whether it be games, shows, screenshots my screen dims now. I have the series x and had the one x before this and used the same tv throughout. HDR had always been on, all my screen settings have been the same (no power saving, max backlight, etc.) but within the last couple of weeks my screen has been dimming whenever HDR content is displayed. It’s never done this with the one x, and even with the series x it was perfectly fine only until the last couple of weeks. Sometimes it’s so dim it’s almost black when I’m in a game and going back to Xbox home then back in the game or turning off and on my tv will brighten up but it will still be overall dull (the game and Xbox menu on the left is dim, then in the Xbox home it’s how it should be) I have a Samsung 4k HDR tv but I don’t know the exact model. The only fix is just disabling HDR in Xbox settings but it’s just weird and frustrating because I’ve never had this problem with this same tv on the one x and most of the time with the series x up until now. Does anybody know why this might be?

:)

Ja0 Son, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Patrickb1973
    Patrickb1973 New Member
    I have the same problem on Xbox Series X when playing games and also HDR the problem, after a couple minutes it dims the screen, if i turn hdr off no issue anymore. HDR iself works fine its just the strange dim happening after a couple minutes. Turned HDR off for now until this gets fixed by Microsoft. Very annoying. And yes also tried console reset, even reset my tv but only fix was turning HDR off.

Patrickb1973, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Patrickb1973
    Patrickb1973 New Member
    Having the dame issue on Xbox Series X, when playing a game it dims the tv screen after a couple minutes playing. Tried reset off the console didnt fix it, tried resetting the tv didnt fix it. Turned HDR off on xbox series x itsekf and that fixed the dimming. I hope this gets fixed because otherwise what is the point in having HDR. Tv can handle HDR10 and HDR itself in games look great its just the annoying dim after a couple minutes.

Patrickb1973, Jul 29, 2021
  4. cnnryng
    cnnryng New Member

Series X HDR Dimming

I've been having this issue for the past few days with no explanation either - the Home Screen is perfect but games dim after a minute or two.

I've also noticed the screen is dimmer when dark content is shown and the whole screen gets brighter when theres something bright on the screen, this was never an issue before (and every auto brightness setting I can find is off).

cnnryng, Sep 2, 2021
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Series X HDR Dimming

We need to know what model you have so we can see what it supports. You can find this on the back of thr TV or in the menus, consult your manual
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Series X HDR Dimming

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try to carry out the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

*Select the option to keep my games and apps so that your games are not deleted.

This solution you can find on the official Xbox support website.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Solution 2:

Reset your Television or Monitor settings to factory defaults.
  7. Nursemorph Win User

Series X HDR Dimming

Did your TV have any firmware updates recently? Just wondering as that may explain it....my LG has had several over the last month, though my HDR behaves the same as it was before.
  8. GoodLieYoung Win User

Xbox One X HDR dimming problem!

Hello,

My xbox one x has an issue with loading games in HDR. When a game or netflix starts up. My screen dims dark. Like it fade away. All colours are dark and not bright.

I have a 4K/HDR tv with a 10 bit panel. And it doenst work.

I tried everything. Switching settings from my tv and xbox, hard reset, different HDMI 2.0 port and cabel. Only HDR in 8 bit mode doenst go dark. But I know my TV has an working 10 bit panel that works with other content beside my xbox one x.
    Same here. It looks as if you have screen dim on as a power saving feature. The problem with this bug is that dims the screen as soon as you start and play an hdr game or app.
  9. Davidson-EA3DD772-4E Win User

Xbox One X dimming for some games and apps

Found out HDR was the issue. If I turn off the HDR everything works fine. Anyone know why all of a sudden HDR would cause my XBox to dim?
Thema:

Series X HDR Dimming

1. Series X HDR Dimming - Similar Threads - Series HDR Dimming

2. HDR Issues with newest Skip Ahead on Sony Bravia 900F series TVs

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Issues with newest Skip Ahead on Sony Bravia 900F series TVs: White the recent Skip ahead build Sony Bravia 900F series TVs lost gaming HDR capabilities. Was working just fine and after the update the XBOX no longer recognizes the TV as gaming HRD capable....
  3. Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV: I’ve tried multiple 4K TVs in my house and while some games look ok in HDR others look like complete trash. I have a TCL R635 and a Sony x900h and with both of these hdr on the series S doesn’t...
  4. HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping on xbox series x: I would like to know whether I should turn Dynamic Tone Mapping off while I calibrate HDR in the Xbox One X General TV & display options. 134ed37d-d3ba-4087-9b78-cfeb78d855b1
  5. Colors are brighter and washed out in games when HDR is active on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Colors are brighter and washed out in games when HDR is active on Xbox Series X: to put it simple, every game or media App with the auto HDR function looks foggy and the colors are washed out, i've tried resetting my xbox and tv settings to default but the results are the...
  6. Xbox Series S - HDR with YCC 4:2:2 Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - HDR with YCC 4:2:2 Problem: Hey, On my Xbox Series S, inside the 4K TV Details menu, it shows what your Xbox/Monitor (TV) can and can't do. For me, 1 of these things it says it can't do is play games in HDR10. But, my...
  7. Xbox Series S - HDR Problem with YCC 4:2:2

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S - HDR Problem with YCC 4:2:2: On my Xbox, inside the 4K TV Details menu, it shows what your Xbox/Monitor (TV) can and can not do. For me, 1 of these things it says it can't do is play games in HDR10. However, my monitor...
  8. Xbox Series X auto HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X auto HDR: The auto HDR was working perfectly fine since I've been playing on the Series X. Then I started up a game and right before it entered the auto HDR mode I opened the menu and then something...
  9. HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame Xbox Series X: Searched all over google and it appears to be a know bug on xbox, problem is that on Xbox Series X with HDR on it dims my tv screen after a couple minites playing after roughly 10 minutes and...
  10. Xbox Series X HDR Calibration Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDR Calibration Issues: I have my series x connected to a projector and the image is very dark. I've tried adjusting the HDR and other video settings (on the console and projector) but nothing solves the issue. I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. series x dimming hdr