Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?)

Discus and support Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Couldn't get any help via phone or live chat, so last resort is this forum. I am based in the UK, ISP is BT with an average download speed of around... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SumguyHannibal, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?)

Couldn't get any help via phone or live chat, so last resort is this forum.

I am based in the UK, ISP is BT with an average download speed of around 65-75 Mbps, upload of around 17 Mbps. Using a BT Home Hub 4. First thing I did was to check Network settings on the Series X and noticed the NAT Type was Moderate, and MTU was set
    to 1500, on my XBox One NAT Type is open and MTU is 1480.

The speed test for the Series X shows around 12 Mbps download and an upload of about 13 Mbps, 0% Packet loss and 16ms latency. The speed test for XBox One shows around 75 Mbps download and an upload of around 17 Mbps, 0% Packet loss and 16ms latency.

As you guys can see, something is very wrong. I checked my router, port forwarded for Series X and XBox One (which at least got me a open NAT with the Series X). I tried different Lan Ports and ethernet cables and still the Series X is crawling. Took
    about 14 hours or so to Download Destiny 2 Beyond light, and all I get are turtle errors so cant play it. I tried Netflix and that seems to stream as well as the XBox One/PS4/Wireless devices.

All my other devices etc. are utilising my internet speeds just fine, so I am hoping its just a matter of an update? Who else here has BT as their internet service provider and having the same issues? Perhaps we can figure out something?

Hoping that Microsoft are at least aware/looking into this issue or would advise on whether we should get refunds or exchanges etc?

:)

SumguyHannibal, Nov 12, 2020
  2. JACKKAV Win User

Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?)

I'm in UK and currently on the same issue

My isp is BT and I'm averaging 11mbs download on my series x.

I forwarded the relevant ports/static ip no difference. wired vs wireless makes no difference either

A speed test of my network shows 40MB dl and 7MB

I was experiencing turtle errors on destiny 2 aswell

Turtle as described on bungie help is "“Failed to download configuration files from bungie servers, please try again"

I alreadly had destiny 2 installed and working on my xbox one I transferred the game to my series x using a hdd and began to get turtle errors. I deleted it and im reinstalling it now 90% of 65GB after
    12 hours will update when finished
  3. SumguyHannibal Win User

Update: Tried Different routers BT Home Hub 5 and 6, and the issue remains the same, hoping it can be fixed via an update/firmware fix. They need to configure the Series X to the same settings as the XBox One is my guess.
  4. Dridge118 Win User

Xbox one S blank tiles/no streaming videos

Thanks for replying :)

On my old xbox one my speeds were 20mb/s download and everything worked fine. Only thing that has changed is the console. both running on same OS everything is the same yet have problems on new console.

But on this new xbox one S the speeds only 12mb/s download - 4mb/s upload - 0% packet loss - MTU 1500- Latency 154ms NAT type Open aswell.

Thank you for a reply :)
  5. Prune Face46 Win User

Streaming apps and Notification pop-up are still broken. What is Going On?

The only hard drive I have used is the one on the Xbox One. Also here the internet network statistics:

Download Speed: 16.36Mbps

Upload Speed: 1.04Mbps

Packet Loss: 0%

MTU: 1480

Latency: 105 ms
  6. Lewis_Carroll Win User

Continual issues with xbox live

What are the your results if you do a detailed network statistics?

Download Speed:

Upload Speed:

Download packet Loss:

Upload Packet Loss:

MTU:

Latency:
Thema:

1. Series X Not using the same download and upload speeds as XBox One (MTU 1500 the issue?) - Similar Threads - Series using same

2. Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S: When will you guys fix the bad audio delay using bitstream with the xbox series S? I just got it today and Dobly Atmos is unusable because of the very noticeable audio delay when selecting that...
  3. Audio Issues on Xbox One using a Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues on Xbox One using a Series X controller: I'm having problems with my audio after I launch games enhanced for X/S on my xbox one. My audio through headset becomes choppy and unusable I have tried switching to an xbox one controller...
  4. Xbox one x audio issue when playing Series X games while using a series x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x audio issue when playing Series X games while using a series x controller: I'm using an Xbox one x and a series x controller and I've noticed that whenever I try to play AC Valhalla or CoD Cold War, my audio starts to crackle horrendously. And it's not just game audio,...
  5. Series x shutted off while using quick resume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x shutted off while using quick resume: Hello. I had my series x since launch, finished many games on it included cod and valhalla, never shutted off until today, what happened was that i started valhalla with quick resume, the pics...
  6. Xbox Series S, 1914 controller disconnect if USB port use for charge NOT console accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, 1914 controller disconnect if USB port use for charge NOT console accessories: Hi! I have some problem. If I connect to one of USB-port Xbox Series S my Huawei Freebuds 3i headphones for charge it, controller have long connect to Xbox and disconnect after 3-5 second. It...
  7. My new xbox one series s controller that I use on the xbox one disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox one series s controller that I use on the xbox one disconnects: When I'm playing games, the control starts to flash slowly and doesn't allow me to play and if I go to the start it lets me use the normal controller, I don't know if it's a firmware problem and...
  8. Can I use Xbox One and Xbox Series S at the same time even if I'm not doing Gold/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use Xbox One and Xbox Series S at the same time even if I'm not doing Gold/Game Pass...: I know I'm not the only person with this specific issue but I've seen so many conflicting answers regarding this! Excuse the narrative format - it's just easier to present my scenario. Basically,...
  9. Using GamePass on Xbox Series X and Xbox One at the same time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using GamePass on Xbox Series X and Xbox One at the same time: Hi, is it possible, that we use GamePass at the same time on two different devices? Scenario: I preordered the Xbox Series X. So on 10th November I would replace my One in the living Room...
  10. Elite controller series 2 can't use left stick forward and LT and same time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2 can't use left stick forward and LT and same time.: Just got my controller back from square trade "fixing" left stick issues. Left stick is now responsive. I mostly play COD, i can't walk forward with left stick and then press left trigger to aim....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x mtu