Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen

Discus and support Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just curious if this is happening for anyone else. I go to the free up space section. It has two sections, orphaned DLC that’s been identified, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Derrick Cole, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Derrick Cole
    Derrick Cole Guest

Just curious if this is happening for anyone else.

I go to the free up space section.

It has two sections, orphaned DLC that’s been identified, and then it looks for “shrinkable games”.

I was able to delete some DLC just fine. I then wait for the Xbox to finish searching for shrinkable games. Once I press down to go from DLC to the shrinkable games list on the left pane it fades (quickly)
    to a black screen.

It will also immediately go to a black screen if I am already on the shrinkable games menu on the left pane when the list finally loads.

It’s not a crash as I can press the Xbox button on the controller to go to the Home Screen.

:)

Derrick Cole, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Mangiasassi Win User

Series x black screen

Just turned on my series x and black screen of nothing!

Was working earlier and updating games.
    What kind of Tv did you have?

If it's a brand new tv capable of 120hz of refresh rate you have to make some changes on your tv.

try to go to settings and try by esclusion, set Vrr of and try, 120hz of ecc. (set of 4 2 2 and leave 10bit colour)

It's a quite known issue, hope MS will fix it asap.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

shrinkable games

Hi ChopDaLyricolig,

Thanks for asking a great question here on the forums. As our Ambassadors have outlined, it is essentially a way to make a bit more storage on your console by removing old add-ons and "shrinking" the space taken up by currently installed (and mainly
    unused) games. If you happen to have an external hard drive, you can also manage the storage on it in this manner as well.

Here's a great support article about how to enable that: Xbox One system settings.

Since there is no further information to add and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question
    or thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Happy gaming and thanks again for coming to the forums.
  4. AdamKronus Win User

shrinkable games

Shrinkable games are games that allow "cleaning and organization" of installed files, reducing the size it occupies on the storage device.
  5. xNikolex Win User

shrinkable games

Didnt know this either so its good to know. Ty
  6. darkist1 Win User

shrinkable games

As a couple of the others have mentioned, maybe it just strips away the things you dont need. Texture Packs, additional languages, unneeded data that could be streamed from the cloud rather than stored on your xbox.

Sure would help with the limited space though.
Thema:

1. Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen - Similar Threads - Series Shrinkable Games

2. Streaming via Twitch on XBOX Series X is blocky and pixelated

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming via Twitch on XBOX Series X is blocky and pixelated: I used to stream via Twitch app on XBOX One X and the picture was crystal clear with 1080p streaming output, but on Series X it is blocky and pixelated. I tried to lower the resolution to 720p,...
  3. Blurred Text on UI on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Blurred Text on UI on Xbox Series X: Hello, I have tried absolutely everything from restarting to power cycling to changing settings. the problem is on the Series X. Basically, everytime I go to close out a game or an application...
  4. Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X: I have an Xbox media remote that I used for my Xbox One S. I have since purchased a Series X and want to use the remote with it instead of the XB1. Right now it currently only controls the XB1. I...
  5. NBA 2K21 shutting down Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2K21 shutting down Xbox Series X: Just about every time I play 2k21 online it completely powers off my Series X. This is a wide spread issue that needs to be addressed. I can’t even have a good time playing with friends, because...
  6. Xbox one x audio issue when playing Series X games while using a series x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x audio issue when playing Series X games while using a series x controller: I'm using an Xbox one x and a series x controller and I've noticed that whenever I try to play AC Valhalla or CoD Cold War, my audio starts to crackle horrendously. And it's not just game audio,...
  7. 360 Games graphics on the series X/S

in XboX Insiders
    360 Games graphics on the series X/S: We all know that the Xbox one and Xbox series X/S have backward compatibility but does it run 360 games at the highest settings or the original 360 graphics ? submitted by /u/FAWAZORIGINAL...
  8. Xbox Series X blinking controller and game crashing problem...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X blinking controller and game crashing problem...: So I just got an Xbox Series X 2 weeks ago and use my Series 2 Elite Controller for it. About 1 and a half weeks ago I started experiencing where the controller would randomly start flashing and...
  9. anyone know when ray tracing will come out for minecraft for the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    anyone know when ray tracing will come out for minecraft for the series x?: saw an austin evans video where he was playing minecraft with ray tracing as a tech demo. any chance it’ll release soon? submitted by /u/joeyac10 [link] [comments]
  10. Update Xbox series X OS system for all buttons switches dials toggles and Rev lights Work...

in XboX Insiders
    Update Xbox series X OS system for all buttons switches dials toggles and Rev lights Work...: The official licensed products of Fanatec all buttons lights switches should be operational not a bunch of duplicates and non working rev lights . Especially from a very expensive line of products...