Series X will not connect to Wifi or Wired Connection on Set-up.

Discus and support Series X will not connect to Wifi or Wired Connection on Set-up. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all. I just bought a Series X a couple of hours ago. Brand new from Target. I downloaded the Xbox app. The phone is able to connect to the console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DerekStarNoir, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Series X will not connect to Wifi or Wired Connection on Set-up.

Hi all. I just bought a Series X a couple of hours ago. Brand new from Target. I downloaded the Xbox app. The phone is able to connect to the console to allow to enter the code, but after that, it gets to the "Lets get your console on the internet" screen. I try using a wired connection, but it doesn't work. It just says "It looks like your Ethernet cable isn't working properly" and shoots me back to the part where I have to input a cod to connect to the console. I try using wifi. (I don't have a router) I tried connecting it to public wi-fi and tries for a moment, but fails and kicks me back to the code screen.

I've tried turning the console on and off again. I've tried turning off the modem on and off. And unplugging it. Nothing is working? Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/DerekStarNoir
    [link] [comments]

/u/DerekStarNoir, Jul 24, 2022
  2. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  3. der Metatron Win User

Xbox One X Connection Issues

I cannot connect my X to the router via wifi and the wired connection needs to be restarted up to 5 times
  4. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  5. memek krk Win User

Can't connect to XBOX live. Xbox doesn't get IP-address

if wired connection is working fine - use it

if u need to use WIFI connection - disable wifi networking on router, set new name (ssid) enable wifi networking from router (keep secure with wpa2/psk at least), SET Wifi Channel to default, and SET COUNTRY ! try to connect through wifi
  6. CastledCoin572 Win User

Connecting to wireless WiFi

Tried connecting to wifi by wired connection it works but x box still wont connect wireless. Really need it wireless as dont have enough cable cant keep the x box in the hallway. Any other suggestions??
Thema:

Series X will not connect to Wifi or Wired Connection on Set-up.

1. Series X will not connect to Wifi or Wired Connection on Set-up. - Similar Threads - Series connect Wifi

2. How to connect to a hidden wifi network (Hidden SSID) on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect to a hidden wifi network (Hidden SSID) on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X: I found a simple solution in a YouTube comment (with zero likes) that surprisingly worked for me! I'm gonna copy/paste it, so it might help a few people: (the original youtube comment from user...
  3. Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S: Will Microsoft ever acknowledge or fix this issue? This is really ridiculous. They just keep locking the threads and providing no information. Can someone explain to me why Microsoft left this...
  4. Xbox series s won't connect to wifi no matter what I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s won't connect to wifi no matter what I do: Hello. So I've been having an issue where recently my xbox series s will not connect to my wifi no matter what it is that I do. I clear the cache, I reset the Mac address, I give it an ip address...
  5. Series x connects to hotspot but not my wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x connects to hotspot but not my wifi.: My Series X connects to my hotspot but not my wifi. All of my other devices, including an Xbox one, are working fine with my wifi. Ethernet is not an option. 5b67e939-be45-4153-ad36-a3d1fce6f5b2
  6. Series X wifi connectivity issues

in XboX Insiders
    Series X wifi connectivity issues: My series x has been acting up, it will connect to the wifi network but it wont connect to the internet. I can’t play anything as it is. Ive tried restarting and leaving it off for a couple hours....
  7. Xbox series s cannot connect to wifi sometimes but ps4 and other consoles can always, how...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s cannot connect to wifi sometimes but ps4 and other consoles can always, how...: Ive tried using an alternate mac address on the console but that didnt work. Its seriously hit or miss when connecting to wifi sometimes it just works just fine and it doesnt tell me my password...
  8. Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S: Can someone explain to me why Microsoft left this basic security feature out of the OS on one of their most popular pieces of hardware? 1dd7c0fa-912b-4473-b4a4-c717b6b53a9b
  9. 5ghz wifi will not connect to Series X

in XboX Insiders
    5ghz wifi will not connect to Series X: I have been having issues with my 5ghz wifi on the series x. I want to use the 5ghz one because my 2.4ghz lags on most games. However, my 5ghz never takes my password and always says it is wrong....
  10. Xbox Series S WiFi losing connection

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S WiFi losing connection: Well just like the post says, Everytime when my xbox comes out of standby mode I lose wifi connection and no networks come up. The only fix I've found is totally restarting the console. I never...