Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work)

Discus and support Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone tried a wireless keyboard and mouse with mouse and keyboard compatible games on the Series X? My keyboard works fine, and the mouse pointer... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/James_T_West1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work)

Has anyone tried a wireless keyboard and mouse with mouse and keyboard compatible games on the Series X? My keyboard works fine, and the mouse pointer will move with the mouse, but the mouse buttons don't work. For example, in Minecraft, the keyboard works, and I can look around with the mouse, but the buttons on the mouse won't do anything. It is the same in other mouse and keyboard compatible games I've tried as well. I've tried two logitech mice as well as a Macally wireless mouse. My Series X is on the Alpha build.

submitted by /u/James_T_West1
    [link] [comments]

/u/James_T_West1, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Does it work?

3. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox keyboard and mouse?

I think the specifics of the question aren't about using mouse and keyboard, but rather if you can use a keyboard and mouse that operate via a wireless dongle.

That is, plug dongle into Xbox, then mouse and keyboard comme t to dongle, wirelessly.

I'm not sure that this works, though.

Upon looking at support site, which specifically states WIRED USB keyboard and mouse, so I'm unsure

EDIT: , there may in fact be models supported by console that are wireless, but not just any wireless keyboard will function so check first
  5. talkedsteam Win User

Does it work?

Oh ok yeah I tried it on a wired keyboard and mouse ok so it is the same with wireless keyboard and mouse
  6. BongKaos Win User

How do I connect my Keyboard and Mouse up to my xbox 360 and xbox one?

You don't, consoles use a controller....

The mouse will never work.

The keyboard is helpful for text.

Console games are NOT programmed to use a Keyboard/ mouse.
Thema:

Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work)

1. Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work) - Similar Threads - Series wireless keyboard

2. Xbox Series X cuts out all Wireless Communications Randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X cuts out all Wireless Communications Randomly: Since purchasing the Series X in November, this has happened on and off and seemed gone for a little while (maybe because I haven't used in very frequently in the past few months) but when I do...
  3. Xbox wireless Elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless Elite controller series 2: Hi my controller keeps running forward all the time and doesn't stop im trying to get it repaired or exchange and I'm finding it difficult to contact Xbox support to assk them anyone else have the...
  4. Series X - will not find/pair with wireless headset. Tips?

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - will not find/pair with wireless headset. Tips?: I was having the same problem with it not pairing with the wireless controller - then I figured out the trick to that. But the Xbox refuses to pair with this brand new Turtle Ridge 600 wireless...
  5. Xbox Series X Steel series’s arctis 9x wireless headset audio issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Steel series’s arctis 9x wireless headset audio issue?: Hi there, I keep encountering this issue on my xbox series x where the headset game volume intermittently increases and decreases. Usually i would havr to hard reset the xbox to fix this issue, i...
  6. Series X Wireless headset disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless headset disconnecting: Is anyone else having an issue where the new Microsoft wireless headset drops connection intermittently while in range and stationary? The power is still on, but it doesn't reconnect itself, I...
  7. Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...: I did some searching and haven’t been able to find any relevant posts in the last two years. I just got a new Series S and I’m trying to use the Wireless Display feature with my PC to play Steam...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset turn off my Xbox series x when i turn on the headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset turn off my Xbox series x when i turn on the headset: Read the title submitted by /u/StarWarsPR30 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox series x shutdown when i use xbox wireless headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x shutdown when i use xbox wireless headset: When i turn on the headset xbox series x shutdown. Is in the GA os. submitted by /u/StarWarsPR30 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter dropping connection to Xbox One / Xbox Series X controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter dropping connection to Xbox One / Xbox Series X controller (Windows 10): Xbox Wireless Adapter (Microsoft Official) began dropping connection to controller. Connection is dropped 1-10 minutes from beginning game. Tested games include Control and Burnout Paradise The...