Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work)

Discus and support Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone tried a wireless keyboard and mouse with mouse and keyboard compatible games on the Series X? My keyboard works fine, and the mouse pointer... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/James_T_West1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work)

Has anyone tried a wireless keyboard and mouse with mouse and keyboard compatible games on the Series X? My keyboard works fine, and the mouse pointer will move with the mouse, but the mouse buttons don't work. For example, in Minecraft, the keyboard works, and I can look around with the mouse, but the buttons on the mouse won't do anything. It is the same in other mouse and keyboard compatible games I've tried as well. I've tried two logitech mice as well as a Macally wireless mouse. My Series X is on the Alpha build.

submitted by /u/James_T_West1
    [link] [comments]

/u/James_T_West1, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Does it work?

3. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox keyboard and mouse?

I think the specifics of the question aren't about using mouse and keyboard, but rather if you can use a keyboard and mouse that operate via a wireless dongle.

That is, plug dongle into Xbox, then mouse and keyboard comme t to dongle, wirelessly.

I'm not sure that this works, though.

Upon looking at support site, which specifically states WIRED USB keyboard and mouse, so I'm unsure

EDIT: , there may in fact be models supported by console that are wireless, but not just any wireless keyboard will function so check first
  5. talkedsteam Win User

Does it work?

Oh ok yeah I tried it on a wired keyboard and mouse ok so it is the same with wireless keyboard and mouse
  6. BongKaos Win User

How do I connect my Keyboard and Mouse up to my xbox 360 and xbox one?

You don't, consoles use a controller....

The mouse will never work.

The keyboard is helpful for text.

Console games are NOT programmed to use a Keyboard/ mouse.
Thema:

Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work)

1. Series X wireless keyboard and mouse (Mouse buttons don't work) - Similar Threads - Series wireless keyboard

2. Series X|S Controller - Huge latency difference between wired and wireless after firmware...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X|S Controller - Huge latency difference between wired and wireless after firmware...: I know that, at least officially, this latest firmware wasn't intended for the current gen controllers, but I'm noticing an insane difference after playing Battlefield V after updating. Maybe...
  3. Xbox x series constantly disconnecting from internet wired/wireless

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox x series constantly disconnecting from internet wired/wireless: I’ve been having trouble w my x series since The day i got it. It constantly disconnects from the internet, whether it’s hardwired (preferred) or through wifi, sometimes 10-15 seconds apart. I...
  4. Series X and wireless Headsets issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X and wireless Headsets issues: Good morning, I had the new Wireless Headset for my Series X but ran into the known issue that whenever I wouldn't use the controller for like 20 seconds the sound started to stutter. As soon as...
  5. XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...: In the last month a recent update has made all my controllers unusable, the only way they stay connected is via USB lead and when pairing wirelessly they work for a small few clicks and then stop....
  6. Two Xbox Wireless Headsets one Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xbox Wireless Headsets one Xbox Series X: I am apartment living and I was wondering if I could connect two Xbox wireless headsets to the same console for watching movies? If it is possible, would we be able to use the microphones so we...
  7. What chatpads are compatible with the Series X Wireless Controller? Is there an official...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What chatpads are compatible with the Series X Wireless Controller? Is there an official...: I would like to get a chatpad to connect with the controller that came with my Series X, and prefer to get an official Microsoft one if that exists. A USB keyboard seems like it would be a bit...
  8. Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points: Hello! I own a Series S that runs a wireless connection within a house that has a network system (modem and router) with access points placed all around, one being right above the room where the...
  9. I've had an ongoing problem with my wireless series x/s controller is working for a period...

in XboX Insiders
    I've had an ongoing problem with my wireless series x/s controller is working for a period...: Same with my turtle beach headset. They'll like freeze on and the turning them off doesn't work through standard means. This requires me to hard reset my headset or in the case of my controller...
  10. Wireless controller lags xbox and freezes game when I plugged it into my Xbox Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless controller lags xbox and freezes game when I plugged it into my Xbox Series S: Pretty much title, I was playing a game and my controller died, so i plugged it into my xbox through the front usb port and it lagged my xbox, froze my game, and disconnected my microphone :(...