Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots

Discus and support Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've tried multiple hot spots and different wifi's and my series X will either not connect at all or connect then not allow me to connect to Xbox Live.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Altruistic-Rock-6275, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots

I've tried multiple hot spots and different wifi's and my series X will either not connect at all or connect then not allow me to connect to Xbox Live. My original Xbox One has no problems connecting to any of my hot spots or xbox live. getting very frustrated with the series x. I've downloaded the omega ring update, still no connection.

submitted by /u/Altruistic-Rock-6275
    [link] [comments]

/u/Altruistic-Rock-6275, Dec 17, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

OneCast app

It might work if your phone can access devices connected to it when it's set up as a hotspot.

However, if the Hotspot is only designed to directly route WiFi traffic from connected devices to it's cellphone modem, then it won't work.

So it's worth a try: Enable the WiFi hotspot function on your phone. Connect your console to the Hotspot.

Launch the OneCast App, and see if it finds the connected Xbox.

If it doesn't, then you really need to unpack your router.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

My hotspot won't connect to my xbox why and what's the problem
    Can you provide additional information? You can't see wifi or you see it but get connection refused?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Can I use Xbox ones WiFi to teather to Internetless pc?

Your PC would have to have a WiFi hardware that is compatible of being turned into an access point.

If you have Windows 10 installed on your PC, simply open the settings, by clicking the start menu, and then clicking on the gear/cogwheel symbol on the lower left.

In the settings window, go to the network settings.

On the left choose the "Mobile Hotspot" category and enable the mobile hotspot.

You can also set a specific name and Passphrase for your Hotspot. Then you can try if your console sees that hotspot, and you can then use your PC's LAN connection to provide Internet to the console via WiFi.

Alternatively, open up a command prompt as administrator.

Enter the following command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NAME key=PASSWORD

Replace NAME with the desired name for your WiFi Hotspot and PASSWORD for the Passphrase you want to use to encrypt your WiFi.

Be aware, that you can not use your WiFi to connect to the internet at the same time.

Your PC must have a LAN connection to the internet to be able to provide WiFi Hotspot functions.

If you want the Xbox to provide Internet to a PC, then this won't work. The Xbox can not provide WiFi Hotspot functions.
  6. WPAK Win User

Networking hardware question

Hi there,

simple question indeed, but as far as I know there is no technical details about that.

I do know that when a cable is connected you won't be able to select Wifi (connect to the wifi network) as network option.

And since as far as I know the Wifi option is only one that can connect to a wifi network, it in itself isn't broadcasting in a way that other devices can find or connect to the console via Wifi, as in it's not a hotspot etc.
Thema:

Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots

1. Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots - Similar Threads - Series Won't Connect

2. Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC: It says it can connect wirelessly and i've seen people connect it wireless but for some reason I can't connect it wireless. My bluetooth version is 5.2 and my OS build is 19044.1348. From what...
  3. New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...: Ideally I would prefer the controller to be connected through USB-C. I have tried using a cable, and going to the Xbox accessories app, but the controller does not appear. When I plug the...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller will only charge via USB won't connect. PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller will only charge via USB won't connect. PC: I use the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on my PC via USB C cord. The controller has worked fine for its life so far. One day I turned my PC on and the controller wouldn't connect. The charging...
  5. Xbox Series X won't stay connected (ethernet hardwired)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't stay connected (ethernet hardwired): I have never had an issue with my Xbox One nor my new Xbox Series X up until a couple days ago. My console is hardwired/ethernet cable directly into my router/modem. All other devices in the home...
  6. Series X can't/won't connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X can't/won't connect to wifi: I bought a Series X three weeks ago. For the first two weeks I could connect to my wifi without any issues. Now, and for the last three days, the Xbox either cannot see any wifi networks or, on...
  7. Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do: Yes you read that title correctly, I already did whatever step there is known to man. But this controller, which is just 3 months old, just decided to stop connecting to any devices via Bluetooth....
  8. Series X won't connect to 5GHz wireless connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't connect to 5GHz wireless connection: I've been using my 5Ghz wifi connection on here for the couple months I've had the system with no issues. Then last night, I decided to switch my power settings from "instant on" to the eco mode....
  9. New Xbox series S won't connect to any controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox series S won't connect to any controllers.: Me and my husband got 2 Xbox series S consoles recently. We both have the same issue with no controllers wanting to connect right away. Not even the new controllers with fresh batteries. Every...
  10. series x controller won't stay connected ted

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x controller won't stay connected ted: This new controllers buttons keep crapping out d245a76f-ba08-43fc-a85e-4ac8c23a48cd