[Serious] How can the Xbox team hope for success with XCloud when in-home streaming barely...

Discus and support [Serious] How can the Xbox team hope for success with XCloud when in-home streaming barely... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I think the idea and concept of game streaming is brilliant. I was stoked when the feature was rolled out back in 2015, but since its release it hasn't... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tservomst, Jun 26, 2019.

1. /u/tservomst
    /u/tservomst Guest

[Serious] How can the Xbox team hope for success with XCloud when in-home streaming barely...

I think the idea and concept of game streaming is brilliant. I was stoked when the feature was rolled out back in 2015, but since its release it hasn't seen any love or support (that we've been made aware of, anyway). I still face the same stuttering and performance issues in 2019 that existed back in 2015. Even with PC, network, and console upgrades, the same issues persist with the feature. I constantly see artifacting on any quality level, the stream stutters to a crawl when an achievement is unlocked or there is a lot of action (explosions, gunfight) onscreen, and it will just randomly give up and disconnect. If this feature continues to experience these problems, how can streaming over the internet possibly work smoothly? One would hope the XCloud tech is completely separate and built from the ground up from what we have now, but can we expect any type of QoL improvements to the in-home aspect? Honestly I don't think enough people even use (or know about) this feature for enough noise to be made about the issues which is why we are where we are today with its implementation.

Obligatory: Yes I've reported it from the console, and the Xbox app on my PC. No, it isn't my home network. Both the console and my PC(s) are wired in to the same enterprise gigabit switch and all hardware has at some point or another been changed out over the years. On completely separate internal networks, the same performance issues and hiccups occur.

submitted by /u/tservomst
    [link] [comments]

/u/tservomst, Jun 26, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox One Game Streaming Over Internet No Longer Working!

Hi there TR CarNaGE,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your issue, that feature is not available with the streaming from Xbox One to PC. Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your
    home network.

To take advantage of game streaming, you need:

• Xbox One console: Game streaming must be enabled in Settings.
    • Windows 10 PC: You must be signed in to the Xbox app with the same gamertag as on the Xbox One console.
    • Network connectivity: The Windows 10 PC and the Xbox One console must be on the same home network. Options:
      • Wired - Ethernet connection (recommended for both PC and Xbox One console)
      • Wireless - 802.11 N/AC wireless connection

Sounds like you were running a bug that was fixed with the update.

Take a look at this article:
    Project xCloud: Choice for How and When You Play
    . There’s so much more to come, so stay tuned.

• Project xCloud: a vision for game-streaming technology that will complement our console hardware and give gamers more choices in how and where they play.

Hope this helps.
  3. Real Dangerr Win User

Anyone excited for E3?

I'm hoping they release the date for Project Xcloud cause it will be able to stream 3,500 Xbox games...Now I'm ready!
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work

Hi there Chuck,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I recommend to take a look at the following article: How
    to use game streaming in the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

• Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your
      home network.

In reference to your concern, the streaming feature is only available through the home network. The feature will be coming soon,
    Project xCloud: Choice for How and When You Play.
    Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Why Did Microsoft Patch Streaming Out Of Network?

It could be that Microsoft could be about to make us pay for a feature previously allowed for FREE!!...
    You are confusing the xCloud service with streaming locally.

Xcloud allows you to stream games you do NOT own to your console. You basically "rent" access to the games which run on server hardware somewhere in the cloud, and stream the video feed to any device that supports xCloud. Be it your home console, your tablet,
    smartphone or whatever. It's like Google's Stadia or what Sony does to bring backward compatibility to some Playstation games.

This is vastly different to the home streaming that allows you to stream the video feed from your console that plays the games you "own" to a device that supports local streaming.

Unless you are trying to allow thousands of people to access your own console from the internet to stream your games to them, you are not doing anything similar to xCloud.

So don't make up some crazy conspiration theory like "Microsoft is taking away our streaming, so we have to pay to use xCloud"
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

The Mobile Device We Never Knew We Wanted

I'd have to say that storage would be an issue, unless we can plug an external HDD into this 'Mobile Device' with out games installed on it. Xbox is working on

Project XCloud
    which is IMO a better solution to this, but streaming games may not be something that everyone can do at this point in time.
Thema:

1. [Serious] How can the Xbox team hope for success with XCloud when in-home streaming barely... - Similar Threads - Serious team hope

2. I've got a serious problem here...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've got a serious problem here...: Here's what's up: I play Mass Effect 3 a lot. I love that game. But I've run into a bit of a problem. In the options menu, under "online" I guess I accidentally switched the "sign in...
  3. Serious multiplayer issue with borderlands 3

in XboX Insiders
    Serious multiplayer issue with borderlands 3: For some reason each time I try to join a match online. The Xbox one x shuts of completely. Blinks three times in rapid succession like three times total. then completely turns off. Like if I had...
  4. I need one more Xbox home switch Please I am in serious need

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need one more Xbox home switch Please I am in serious need: I need one more Home switch because i Spent money on someone elses account but i cant get the game so i need to make his account mine 93e165cd-34f3-485c-afb3-576dbdecf2b8
  5. In need of SERIOUS Cusomer Service/Support & In need of a refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    In need of SERIOUS Cusomer Service/Support & In need of a refund: I have several unauthorized charges on my account and I'm in need of a refund. the purchases aren't showing in the purchase history via website but are on console yes I'm sure I was in the...
  6. Looking for VOG and CROTA Fire-team - Serious players only please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for VOG and CROTA Fire-team - Serious players only please: I'm a new guardian to XB1 but not to Destiny, have been playing Destiny on the PS4 since Destiny launched and I have 3 maxed out guardians. (1 of each class) Currently on XB1 I have a LVL 28...
  7. Looking for an active/serious clan wars team?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for an active/serious clan wars team?: Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this. :) Wreakin Face (WFx) Level 13 clan Is looking for new recruits. We are very active in clan wars. would like more members to...
  8. The xbox enforcement team needs serious work, it rewards trolling more than it actually stops ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The xbox enforcement team needs serious work, it rewards trolling more than it actually stops ...: I've recently had my account suspended from all communications for two weeks. I'm not hear to cry and beg to have my suspension removed, I'm hear to discuss the real issue at hand as to why this...
  9. Xbox Live Enforcement Team has serious flaws.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Enforcement Team has serious flaws.: I have been trying to contact any member from the Xbox enforcement team for five consecutive days now and have found it impossible to contact them. The only possible way to contact ANY enforcement...
  10. Looking for a community to play seriously with as a team.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for a community to play seriously with as a team.: Hey I am looking for a community to join where I can play with a group of people that have fun with games when playing seriously as a team. By seriously I mean having communication, always looking...