Serious issue with signing into my old Xbox 360 acc.

Discus and support Serious issue with signing into my old Xbox 360 acc. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I really need some serious assistance. Since I am unable to find a good Microsoft phone number that wont waste my time and only open on weekdays, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Johnson_NoManborned, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Serious issue with signing into my old Xbox 360 acc.

I really need some serious assistance. Since I am unable to find a good Microsoft phone number that wont waste my time and only open on weekdays, I have heard about Halo Reach beta on PC, and I really am looking forward to talk to my old friends again.
    However, this issue is repeatedly occurring.

First of all, when ever I go on my Xbox 360 and try to sign in, asks for verification. Seems simple, so I enter my **BROTHER'S** password (since he does not use the account anymore, he is letting me keep it, since I play on that account more than he does),
    an error pops up. Every. Time. Can't really find out what that error code is. So I am unable to sign into Xbox 360 again.

My another attempt was to sign into Microsoft's website or Xbox Companion app or whatever it is, I try to sign in, and it once again asks me for verification. This time, I CANNOT sign out of it without restarting my computer or staying off for a long period
    of time. This drives me crazy. So I go on yahoo (because that was the email my brother chose) and it says "Sorry, we don't recognize this email. So I ask my brother about this stuff, and he says he never made a yahoo email. So now I was a little bummed, but
    I didn't give up. I try to make an email, and guess what. IT ASKS ME FOR MY PHONE NUMBER. This is a problem for me because, you might not believe this, I don't own a phone yet. Not even a simple flip phone. I don't want to use my dad's phone, because then
    it will spam his phone with garbage and use up our bill, my brother is stubborn and wont let me, and I can't even do ANYTHING about it.

So I try to verify and let them know I don't have this email anymore. I answered the questions that it gives me, and I provided the console ID and the username and all that stuff. I tried this over 9 times, and this monitoring thing repeatedly denies my requests
    to move a new email. I try too many, and it locks me out from trying it again for 2-4 days.

In short, I am stuck in the WORST position possible, thanks to my brother who doesn't know how to make an email from the very beginning. I need some serious help with this issue, I want to move the email that doesn't exist and move it to my current email. I
    will give ANY proof that I own my (brother's) Xbox 360 account.

:)

Johnson_NoManborned, Nov 12, 2019
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

The only way to change the email linked to an account is through the steps below. There is certain security measures that has been taken to ensure that accounts is protected from unauthorized changes.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Account-Profile/manage-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  3. ArminatorX Win User

...when ever I go on my Xbox 360 and try to sign in, asks for verification. Seems simple, so I enter my **BROTHER'S** password (since he does not use the account anymore, he is letting me keep it, since I play on that account more than he does),
    an error pops up.....
    What error pops up exactly? Maybe we can help if we know the error message.

If you haven't used your account in the past years, when the need for verification came up, you need to sign in to

https://account.live.com/proofs/manage
    with your own account email and password. Not your brother's one.

There you can (and should) add another E-Mail for recovery purposes. Make sure you use an email you regularly use, beacuse if the Email gets deleted due to inactivity, you can't recover your account!

I try to make an email, and guess what. IT ASKS ME FOR MY PHONE NUMBER. This is a problem for me because, ... I don't want to use my dad's phone, ....
    Where did you create your email? Yahoo? Or did you create a Microsoft Account?

If it's a Microsoft Account, you can use a secondary email instead of a phone number. Or simply use your dad's phone number, and it will NOT get garbage or other shenanigans. Having a phone number on your account helps to recover your account or to prove
    ownership of the account if you lose access to it (as you have this problem right now).

Having a phone number where Microsoft can send a confirmation code to, would immediately give you access to the account again.

This also means: should you ever get your own phone, or your dad changes phone numbers, make sure to keep that number up to date in your account settings as well!

So I try to verify and let them know I don't have this email anymore. I answered the questions that it gives me, and I provided the console ID and the username and all that stuff. I tried this over 9 times, and this monitoring thing repeatedly denies
    my requests to move a new email. I try too many, and it locks me out from trying it again for 2-4 days....
    Unfortunately, the account recovery form is that strict on purpose. In the past, hackers tried to abuse the account recovery to social engineer support agents into giving them other people's accounts, where the hacker got hold of some personal information
    like birthdate or home address.

If you are unable to provide enough "believable" information that you are really the owner of the account (and if you try to get your brothers account, Microsoft can't know if you're not really trying to hack into your brothers account), then Microsoft can't
    trust you enough to be the real owner, and will refuse the attempt at account recovery.

To slow down hackers, they will also block the recovery feature if enough failed attempts have been made. So if the real owner gets notifications about failed recovery attempts, he can take action to protect his account before hackers get a new attempt at
    account recovery.

So, there is not really much we can help you with. If you forgot your account credentials, and Forgot the Microsoft Account
    Email Address for your Xbox Live account? Learn How to Find It
    doesn't work for you, and the account recovery doesn't work as well, I'm afraid that your account is now lost.

You would need to make a new account then. And this time, do NOT lose your credentials, and DO verify your account, and DO have enough fallback emails and phone numbers added to the account to be able to recover it.
  4. AridLizard Win User

here is the link to recover your password.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/microsoft-account/lost-password-solution

once you have done that you can change the email associated by adding yours as an alias then promoting it to main email address. the following link will guide you through that.

https://support.xbox.com/id-ID/account-management/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

if that doesn't work you will need to talk directly to support (either chat or request a call back)

go to
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Select Billing & accounts in the category area

Select See other options

Select How to protect my account

Select Show contact options

Select Request a call from Support

or

Select Billing & accounts in the category area

select See other options

select Recover my account

select Show contact options

select Chat with Xbox Support

hope this helps
  5. TheFineliner Win User

cant change old live id

yes i have forgotten the password for the acc but i can still sign in on my console, the old id was shut down so i have no acces to it all
  6. TD Kirkkoherra Win User

I cant download my profile to my xbox.

yea im on the same boat and i did download my old acc but cant download my new acc witch has gold live ,..
Thema:

1. Serious issue with signing into my old Xbox 360 acc. - Similar Threads - Serious issue signing

2. Xbox One X has a SERIOUS KNOW ISSUE that Microsoft has Ignored Since Launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X has a SERIOUS KNOW ISSUE that Microsoft has Ignored Since Launch: The Xbox One X is a very impressive machine, the graphics and 4K gaming are top notch. The storage is sufficient with todays digital game age. I feel the console, on paper, was worth the massive...
  3. Having a serious issue with xcloud and could use some help!

in XboX Insiders
    Having a serious issue with xcloud and could use some help!: Hey guys. So I am attempting to console stream, I have everything ready to go but when I scroll over on my dashboard it forces me to stop streaming. submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link]...
  4. Serious account issue [Mod Removed - Personal Information]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious account issue [Mod Removed - Personal Information]: I have now been unable to access my account for 2 and a half months now . I have chatted to support about 10 times with no help but it being raised to next level of support. I have tried to call...
  5. Serious multiplayer issue with borderlands 3

in XboX Insiders
    Serious multiplayer issue with borderlands 3: For some reason each time I try to join a match online. The Xbox one x shuts of completely. Blinks three times in rapid succession like three times total. then completely turns off. Like if I had...
  6. Serious Ongoing Audio Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Serious Ongoing Audio Issue: Hello. I'm currently in Insider Alpha with an Xbox One X. For the last 2-3 updates there's been rather serious issues with audio and playable videos. The audio output will emit high pitched...
  7. Serious video playback issues (Alpha)

in XboX Insiders
    Serious video playback issues (Alpha): I'm on Alpha ring IP on a Xbox One X and EVERY time a video is played whether it be through YouTube or Twitch it's entirely in 25% speed with high pitched ringing noises. Edit - a hard reset...
  8. Serious Issue with Fable Anniversary DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Serious Issue with Fable Anniversary DLC: Split from this thread. Is there a fix in place? I purchased some of the extra weapon and amour pack and they are not in my inventory. Is there some place i need to go to collect them? Or is...
  9. Serious stabilty issues with FORTNITE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Serious stabilty issues with FORTNITE: Ive been playing fortnite (both STW and BR) and recently i had constant freezes that gets to the point where the xbox guidd or message prompt wont work Tried with Halo Master chief collection and...
  10. got a serious issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    got a serious issue: I have 3 charges to my card for 9.99 there should only be one for xbox live whats going on 031f9cc2-7354-4472-93ca-cee230142b3f