Set age problem

Discus and support Set age problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, please help. Set up new xbox 1s for son aged 10 today. Thought I'd done really well, it was set up with my email and name as his mum. He played... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by juliakimpton, May 23, 2020.

1. juliakimpton
    juliakimpton Guest

Set age problem

Hi all, please help. Set up new xbox 1s for son aged 10 today. Thought I'd done really well, it was set up with my email and name as his mum. He played minecraft on it, great. But then couldn't log into you tube when he tried. On profile on Microsoft I
    noticed its his age on the profile with my name and ema. I can't edit age on profile, I can't change settings as it says to add family member but that's me so it won't let me put my email addrress back in. I'm very fed up, been on the online support with no
    help. Do I need to add a new family member onto the Microsoft acct and then delete the one I've set up. I'm the main participant though so is that an issue. Would really like help, as simple as possible as at the min all he can play is minecraft. Thanks alot
    Julia

:)

juliakimpton, May 23, 2020
  2. juliakimpton Win User

Set age problem

Thank you so much. I was told that it couldn't be done so that is wonderful news. I knew if I could possibly add another acct I could. Appreciate your time.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

A problem with age settings.

Contact xbox support account section to sort this out

1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  4. AridLizard Win User

Set age problem

it would be best to create a new child account for your son then change the date of birth for the account in your name.

you may need to create a new adult account for yourself to change the date of birth on the account in your name.

you would need to add this account to your family group to make the changes on your account then use either of those to set permissions on your son's account

this link has the info on changing the date of birth.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12411/microsoft-account-change-birthdate

this link has the info on setting up a family group and adding members

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12413/microsoft-account-what-is-family-group

the reason I say that you should create a new account for your son is that in a few short years he will want to transfer his Xbox profile to his own email and if you use Microsoft email accounts it is impossible to transfer an Xbox profile from one email
    account to another.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Age settings?

you don't since when can you influence father time?

You can't
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

age setting

Hey JTacy, if there is a family settings password you'd like to override on the account, you will need to call phone support for more information.
Thema:

Set age problem

1. Set age problem - Similar Threads - Set age problem

2. Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...: Thank you ahead of time for any assistance as I have gone through every support item I could think of or find to help me adjust this. I have a mature 15yo and is under Family as Child as I would...
  3. Changing age settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing age settings: How do you change the age settings on your computer? I'm unsure and it says I need to. b160af76-0025-45cc-a909-0e17a97a2221
  4. COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old: Hi. Sorry if this has been asked to death but I couldnt find an easy answer. I have set my son up as a family member and set age appropriate content to 9 on our Xbox one X. I thought that would...
  5. I can't enable the Fortnite Epic friends list because my age is set wrong.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable the Fortnite Epic friends list because my age is set wrong.: Does anyone know how to change my Microsoft account age because it is set wrong? Because of this, I cant enable the Fortnite Epic games list on Xbox, so I cant play with people on other...
  6. Age settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Age settings?: Im confused how to change my age on Xbox when I try to change my gamepic to q custom image it says I'm not old enough but I am my account is b191501d-f679-4e1f-8c16-9af1c5e3890c
  7. Age rating set as child randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Age rating set as child randomly: I have a friend who is having a strange issue that I'm attempting to help him with. He has had an account on Xbox live that is always worked as an "adult" account when he was playing on 360....
  8. A problem with age settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    A problem with age settings.: Hello, I am being restricted from certain options on the Xbox because it tells me I'm not old enough. The issue is, I am well over the age of eighteen and it still says I'm not old enough. I...
  9. Put Child's Age During Initial Set Up -- Can't Buy New Games!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Put Child's Age During Initial Set Up -- Can't Buy New Games!!!: Hello, I got an Xbox in April for my kids, it came with Minecraft. It's our only game. I am trying to buy Lego Star Wars for my son, but it says I am not old enough. When I did initial set up I...
  10. Age settings on account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Age settings on account: On my Xbox account I have set my birthday to in the 1990's, but when I go to add a custom image through the Xbox beta app it says I can't because i'm under 18? even though I made sure I set the...