Setting Live TV back to 60hz

Discus and support Setting Live TV back to 60hz in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was setting up my live tv and accidentally set the xbox to show tv at 50hz this caused me to lose picture. So I reset the xbox and got my picture... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thedigitalking, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Setting Live TV back to 60hz

I was setting up my live tv and accidentally set the xbox to show tv at 50hz this caused me to lose picture.

So I reset the xbox and got my picture back. I went back to live tv settings and lost picture again.

I need to set the xbox live tv settings back to 60hz without picture.

Would any one mind walking me through the controller inputs

to this?

Please don't accidently enable this setting on your xbox unless you know your tv supports it.

I need to know the menu layout after going to settings then TV & One Guide.

:)

thedigitalking, Mar 31, 2014
  2. The dreaded 50hz / 60hz refresh rate.....

Hi All.

I need a little help, recently I've been on the end of the dreaded judder whilst watching sky through the xbox. I have the 'allow 50hz refresh rate' ticked and I have to manually change the tv settings from 60hz to 50hz to watch TV. To play a game i then
    have to switch it back to 60hz.

I thought the point of the 'allow...' tick box was to keep the other setting at 60hz and the tv would automatically output to 50hz whilst watching TV then output back at 60hz for games.

It's a bit disappointing that seemingly I have to manually changes my settings every time I move between games and TV.

If anyone could shed some light on the settings I should be using I would be most appreciative and I do apologise if this thread has been posted before, i've tried the troubleshoot options and searched this forum but couldn't find any answer.

thanks.

HandwovenBear, Mar 31, 2014
  3. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    LCD TV Help ?

Not trying to correct you just saying Xbox outputs 60hz and your tv should be set to 60hz to play if your tv has a game mode setting it will auto disable it for you.

bstn617, Mar 31, 2014
  4. Setting Live TV back to 60hz

Turn the console off. Press and hold power and eject til the "ding" then release. You should be good from there.

-Cheers

Iautorenewedu, Apr 1, 2014
  5. Iautorenewedu Win User

Turn the console off. Press and hold power and eject til the "ding" then release. You should be good from there.

-Cheers
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox One S 1080p 120Hz Viera TC L42D2

The 120hz is a "motion blur" feature of the TV, not an input refresh rate allowance. Your TV will only accept up to a 1080p 60hz signal, as shown in the TV's manual on page 48. You will need to set your output back to 60hz for the TV to accept the signal.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/om/tc-l37d2_en_om.pdf
  7. bstn617 Win User

LCD TV Help ?

Not trying to correct you just saying Xbox outputs 60hz and your tv should be set to 60hz to play if your tv has a game mode setting it will auto disable it for you.
  8. kev edin Win User

TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz

Have you made sure the setting in the xbox is set at 60hz 🤔

Disply settings and check the 60hz and check on the TV make sure you dont have to enable anything.
  9. helo1976 Win User

Cannot access Xbox one settings

Not yet, trying to figure out what causes it. Think it has something to do with TV settings. Changed back to 60Hz, removed STB device and TV (under Device Control). Looking to see if that makes a difference.
Thema:

1. Setting Live TV back to 60hz - Similar Threads - Setting Live 60hz

2. Cannot fix "Feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental settings"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot fix "Feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental settings": Hello there, I am having trouble with finding custom tunes in Forza Horizon 4. When I try to do this, I get the message "Feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental settings", although I am...
  3. Changing Xbox Live Privacy Settings

in XBoX on Mobile
    Changing Xbox Live Privacy Settings: I have had an issue with not being able to see chat of people who aren’t my xbox live friends, and I can’t find where to change the privacy settings on the website. Any links to help would be...
  4. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat": I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not able to play any games together (Have tried...
  5. Xbox Live Privacy and Security settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live Privacy and Security settings: Me and my friends decided to start playing Minecraft pocket edition again, right? We were playing fine on regular Xbox friend worlds, but eventually we decided to start a realm (more online...
  6. Trying connect to xbox live settings but denied because they thinks i'm not a parent.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying connect to xbox live settings but denied because they thinks i'm not a parent.: Hi, I tried to connect xbox live - ok till now. When I try to go profile or any other setting, it directs me here:...
  7. Xbox live parental settings bug in forza horizon 4?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox live parental settings bug in forza horizon 4?: Hi! I am not a member of a family account, i actually got kicked out of it, but in forza horizon 4 it still tells me that some actions are blocked with the xbox live parental settings, how do i...
  8. Cannot change Xbox Live Privacy Settings and cannot log into Xbox on Xbox Site

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot change Xbox Live Privacy Settings and cannot log into Xbox on Xbox Site: I have no clue why, but every time I try to change privacy settings on the Xbox Site, I just keep getting redirected to the "Change your child's Xbox Privacy settings" The thing is, I'm not in a...
  9. Sign-in settings and access to games, xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign-in settings and access to games, xbox live: I recently learned that my son has been using my profile to access the internet after his "screen time" set via the Microsoft family settings ran out. So, I changed the sign-in settings to the...
  10. Minecraft App on iPad - Cannot use after setting up Xbox Live Accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft App on iPad - Cannot use after setting up Xbox Live Accounts: Hello, My kids are desperate to play Minecraft with each other and invite friends. I have set up all the necessary accounts with microsoft and xbox. Changed their privacy setting so they can add...