Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data

Discus and support Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two children who set up adult Xbox accounts. I need to rectify in order to create limits, but it's telling me I cannot adjust their settings. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnimalHarp23625, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data

I have two children who set up adult Xbox accounts. I need to rectify in order to create limits, but it's telling me I cannot adjust their settings. I need to know what I have to do to allow me to set restrictions, while keeping their game data. I saw
    an entry from January 2018. Where is Microsoft with this issue?

:)

AnimalHarp23625, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Allebas Win User

Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data

You can do anything to their accounts and you cant change their birthdates on the account.

They would have a start a new account and they have to start over in games because game progress doesnt transfer over.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately the only way would be to create new child accounts for them which would basically require them to start over. There is no way to convert an adult to a child account and restrictions can only be set on a child account.
  4. ngocphi Win User

password lock a child account

if you had set up your children with adult accounts then your only solution then is to be the parent and create a family account

that way the master account can set restrictions
  5. Stacy29 Win User

what should i do as an adult to let children buy games?

In order to create a child account xbox requires an adult account. Children under 13 are not allowed to create accounts without an adult account. Have the adult user purchase the game or change the parental controls.
  6. LegoHenry1407 Win User

Online safety settings for multiplayer

Minecraft is played on an android phone or an android tablet (same issue). Believe the Xbox live account to be set up as an adult account as I can go in and change various settings without any apparent restrictions
Thema:

1. Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data - Similar Threads - Setting restrictions children

2. Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX: Hi, I have set time restrictions for my child eg 4 hours per day to be used as he decides. The issue is that if he plays for an hour and sign out , the time continues to run down even when he’s...
  3. How to restrict my kids account from going into settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to restrict my kids account from going into settings?: Thanks in advance for the answers.... I have a 5 year old granddaughter that stays with us on the weekends. I have set up a restricted profile for her. It works well in that it won't allow her...
  4. Can I set up time restrictions on my own parent account for xbox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set up time restrictions on my own parent account for xbox 1?: Can I set up time restrictions on my own parent account for xbox 1? Or do I need to create a child account? 2b17c275-ff4e-46d3-b4dd-e273c3be7877
  5. COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old: Hi. Sorry if this has been asked to death but I couldnt find an easy answer. I have set my son up as a family member and set age appropriate content to 9 on our Xbox one X. I thought that would...
  6. Hulu app no longer restricts content to age limit set on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu app no longer restricts content to age limit set on Xbox: Hulu doesn't have parental controls per its website, and states the controls on the console should control the app. It has until recently. Now under my family account, Hulu will not run without...
  7. Xbox Live Content restrictions settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Content restrictions settings: Same issue for me! I've got mine set to 16 and tried to add the game as an exception but there is nowhere to put the code in once it is launched (as per the exceptions list instruction)...
  8. Need help setting up child account permissions for restricted purchasing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help setting up child account permissions for restricted purchasing.: So, last night my son wanted to purchased a new game off on his Xbox One. I had no issues with the game so we proceeded. Shortly after he started the purchase process he got to a screen that...
  9. Set up exception to restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set up exception to restrictions: My sons account is linked to mine via a Family setup. I want to give him instant access to one M rated game. I type in the passkey and I dont get the option to choose my account to allow him to...
  10. Can't speak in party chat due to privacy settings but my privacy settings do not restrict ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't speak in party chat due to privacy settings but my privacy settings do not restrict ...: I can't speak or listen in on xbox live partys because my "Privacy settings prevent chat with some people" but my settings are set to allow me to speak. I use the adult privacy settings default. I...