Setting up QOS on xbox 360

Discus and support Setting up QOS on xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nato13e, Mar 30, 2015.

1. nato13e
    nato13e Guest

So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as im not tech savy. here are a few pictures of my internet settings and what im dealing with.

Screenshot - 6e10ae91e94a7c1fdfb79d70b32b9588 - Gyazo

Screenshot - a34f52dfd44faaaba72ca70e5cb860b8 - Gyazo

Screenshot - c87c265307b711c5eb043f44fd4f0932 - Gyazo

Screenshot - 557b89a76f359ae45f22ae9524541b2d - Gyazo Any help is much appreciated! my modem is D1000 btw

im using a wireless conecction

:)

nato13e, Mar 30, 2015
  2. PhloydBarnum
    PhloydBarnum Guest
    Giving Xbox internet priority?

What you are talking about is setting up Quality of Service (QoS) via your router. There are a couple of post regarding this on the internet, specific to your router:

www.dslreports.com/.../r25986592-modem-router-How-to-configure-Westell-7500-QoS-settings-

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

-----------------------

Unfortunately, these posts and others I found make me believe that your Westell 7500 router does not have the QoS settings you need. One poster said that the Westfell router appears to only be able to prioritize VoIP (Voice over Internet). I think you
    need a newer router with better QoS support. I don't recommend specific brands in these forums; so search the internet for "router qos gaming".

-----------------------

To configure QoS and prioritize your Xbox, you need to enter its MAC address into the appropriate setting on your router.

1. On your Xbox dashboard, scroll to the right to settings, select system settings.

2. Select Network Settings

3. Try to connect to ASCWifi, it will fail.

4. Select "Configure network", you should be able to find your MAC address under network configuration.

PhloydBarnum, Mar 30, 2015
  3. HelpfulPoem5
    HelpfulPoem5 Guest
    Adding XB1 to 360, what router changes are recommended. (Linksys E3200)

For our 360, I've setup port forwarding and QoS on my home router (Linksys E3200) to give priority to the xBox. Now with the xBox One coming, what are the recommended settings to run 2 connections (360 & 1)?

Thanks!

HelpfulPoem5, Mar 30, 2015
  4. fatal 0Efx Win User

Xbox One DVR uploads cause lag in multiplayer games

User error. Incorrectly set up QOS on router.
  5. GMAN990 Win User

XBOX Live connectivity... or lack of rather

Hi

It sounds like the other PC is consuming all of the upload bandwidth which is also needed for Xbox live. You either need to stop that traffic so you can play lag free of set-up QoS settings on the router if it supports QoS, what is the make/model of router?
  6. BinaryXtreme Win User

QoS settings for Live

Hi Val. Sorry to see you're having troubles with your router. Have you looked at

support.xbox.com/.../browse
    There is a lot of great information that can help you through the process there.I'd suggest to go here since you have many questions regarding your set up.
  7. VibroPlex Win User

QoS settings for Live

I wish I had specifics regarding QoS to share with you.

However, I can suggest that port forwarding should include both TCP and UDP for port 3074.

It's more efficient and takes less router CPU time than DMZ.

Please also make sure that UPnP is disabled as it can conflict with both DMZ and Port Forwards.
  8. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

QoS settings for Live

you should set QOS on ports.

If you want to understand and read here is one of the best links I ever saw. It´s for tomato Firmware but you can use the Information for all.

www.linksysinfo.org/index.php
Thema:

1. Setting up QOS on xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Setting QOS 360

2. Setting home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting home xbox: Hello, I tried setting my home xbox and it keeps saying unable to save changes. I looked onto a earlier thread and tried everything on there and none of the methods worked. I've tried googling...
  3. Xbox Settings Page Doesn't Exist

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Settings Page Doesn't Exist: So I was trying to join a couple of my friends on their forge map they made together, and it said your account doesn't allow community stuff. I thought it would be an easy fix, I just needed to...
  4. Swapping from One S to One X.. settings help..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swapping from One S to One X.. settings help..: Is there a way to transfer everything so I don't have to log back in to all of my apps? Like Netflix, Prime, NowTV etc? I know this sounds ridiculous but my partner is offshore on a submarine and...
  5. Your xbox account has been set to your store account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your xbox account has been set to your store account: When I enter the xbox, I log out of the store account, I log back into the store, I re-enter the xbox, it says that your xbox account has been set to your store account, normally your xbox...
  6. Xbox doesn't consistently turn on/off TV with automatic power set

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't consistently turn on/off TV with automatic power set: I use the ARC HDMI port on my TV so that my Xbox can automatically turn on or off my television. However, the feature does not work consistently for me. Most times, my Xbox doesn't turn on/off the...
  7. I cant go to 1080p in settings, please help.

in XboX Insiders
    I cant go to 1080p in settings, please help.: Title. I'm in Console Ring Delta, and whenever I use my One it only lets me use 720p, 1080p isnt an option and my TV doesnt support 4K. Please help if you can, thanks! submitted by /u/Halotic154...
  8. Xbox privacy and online safety setting (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox privacy and online safety setting (PC): The Xbox website is down and I can't access or change my privacy and online safety settings, locking me out of features in several games. Is this just me or are others also experiencing this?...
  9. Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.: Bottom line up front: I am in search of the settings that provide the best online experience specifically for Advanced Warfare (single xbox setup). I.E. provide the lowest latency experience. No...
  10. How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?: I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my Xbox One connection is still good, as we...