Setting up.....

Discus and support Setting up..... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi - Ive bought a 2nd hand Xbox 360. What is the best way to set it up so it's safe for kids, but at the same time, they can do what they need to do.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Phil19821972, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Phil19821972
    Phil19821972 Guest

Setting up.....

Hi - Ive bought a 2nd hand Xbox 360.

What is the best way to set it up so it's safe for kids, but at the same time, they can do what they need to do.

At the moment, they have no storage space on the drive, which I assume will can use remote space if they are on Xbox live?

:)

Phil19821972, Aug 29, 2014
  2. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Setting up

The reason Microsoft charge for it is that they know kids will constantly want to change their Gamertags to match whatever is the big thing at the time, all these Gamertags take up space on servers - not much space I agree, but it would all mount up.

Shaggy2000, Aug 29, 2014
  3. Setting up

Hi there, the Xbox One has a different cable which it comes with for the Kinect 2 and power supply. Any HDMI cable will work but it comes with one as well.

Mad Cow Dizease, Aug 29, 2014
  4. Setting up.....

To preserve the safety of your kids I would suggest you to set up their accounts in correlation with yours as suggested here:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-online-safety

Regarding storage space you can acquire more with an Xbox HDD or a compatible USB

DangerousBard, Aug 29, 2014
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Setting up

Hi there, the Xbox One has a different cable which it comes with for the Kinect 2 and power supply. Any HDMI cable will work but it comes with one as well.
  6. quikdash6 Win User

Set ups

Doesn't matter. The OP specified that was his old setup. His new setup is completely open.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Setting up

Sorry, but yes. If he hasn't done anything on the account, you could create a new account and start over, but otherwise you would have to pay if you want to change the tag.
  8. ClawedFalcon Win User

Setting up

really he didn't even use it
  9. Craig TG Win User

set up

It only took me 5yrs to build my gaming Theater. It's by far not the best setup in the world, but it suits me just fine. Here is a link to the "What your setup" on Xbox.com. I believe some of these posts will subdue the elitest attitude.

forums.xbox.com/.../396.aspx
Thema:

Setting up.....

1. Setting up..... - Similar Threads - Setting

2. not able to play online multiplayer on ps4 due to privacy settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    not able to play online multiplayer on ps4 due to privacy settings: i try to play minecraft on ps4 becuase it just got bedrock edition and so i log in to my microsoft account and it wont let me play any servers or multiplayer becuase of my privacy settings, so i...
  3. Cant change setting in Xbox privacy and online safety.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change setting in Xbox privacy and online safety.: I recently bought Sea of Thieves for the pc. I tried to play it but it said that I needed to change my Xbox privacy and online safety settings, I go to do this but every time I click on the...
  4. settings on Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    settings on Xbox Beta: Please, tell me how can I change the XBOX BETA arabic language, in English language, and I understand that I have to do?please help ! 389da284-63c1-4c8e-8f0d-1be4fa7abb0a
  5. setting up Xbox One S All Digital

in XBoX on Windows
    setting up Xbox One S All Digital: I need help setting up the hardware for my new Xbox One S . I understand the power, internet, and display connections. But what is the component that connects to HDMI IN ? Is that a PC running...
  6. Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings I get redirected here every time I try to reach my xbox live settings, but the...
  7. I need help whith display settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help whith display settings: Hello , i have a spectre monitor, C305W-2560UN This is a ultrawide monitor, but i want to play at 16:9 , in the display settings on the xbox where do i go ? To Display 16:9 ?...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 video settings reset each time I open the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 video settings reset each time I open the game: As I said, I already tried resetting the game but it still persists. System specs: Ryzen 7 3800x X570 Taichi RX 5700 XT Nitro 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz 144 Hz 2k monitor - The game...
  9. Paramètres confidentialité manquant [Missing privacy settings]

in XBoX on Windows
    Paramètres confidentialité manquant [Missing privacy settings]: Bonjour, Je n'arrive pas accéder certains paramètres qui sont normalement accessibles tout le monde mais moi non je ne les ai pas. Paramètre tel que : Les autres peuvent communiquer avec la voix...
  10. What phones and connection settings are people using for xCloud?

in XboX Insiders
    What phones and connection settings are people using for xCloud?: I've had very inconsistent results on my Huawei P30 Pro and have only had one very good experience and two passable experiences out of the roughly eight times I've launched games. I'm intrigued...