Share a game between a few profiles on the same Xbox X console

Discus and support Share a game between a few profiles on the same Xbox X console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 accounts on my Xbox X: mine and 2 for my kids. I downloaded a game to the console using my account and I want my kids to be able to play on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LiorRonen, Jan 10, 2021.

1. LiorRonen
    LiorRonen Guest

I have 3 accounts on my Xbox X: mine and 2 for my kids. I downloaded a game to the console using my account and I want my kids to be able to play on their accounts. How can I do it?

:)

LiorRonen, Jan 10, 2021
  2. dempup Win User

Hi Lior.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. Check this guide on how to set up a home console and game share.

3. LiorRonen Win User

Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for - don't know why I could'nt find it on my search :)
  4. Yul Naii Win User

Transfer data from Xbox One to another account

Hello, it is not possible to transfer items between accounts or profiles; but you can share content between different profiles of the same console, such as downloaded games, as long as the profiles are in the same console, as your home console.

For more information, check the following link:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  5. no1nos Win User

Cannot share Game between profiles on same console

I figured out what happened. all my content was transferred from another xbox360 console that died. Not sure why it would still let my profile play it or just give some sort of warning, but here is what I had to do.

Step 1 - Transfer the content license from my old console to my new console by following these steps:

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Step 2 - Redownload ALL my games, addons, etc. (like 100GB for me, thx MSFT) . The easiest way to do this is to follow these instructions:

support.xbox.com/.../redownload-content
  6. onyxishere Win User

???

The content can be shared between profiles (but not moved) on the same console it was downloaded to so long as the original profile has not been banned.
Thema:

1. Share a game between a few profiles on the same Xbox X console - Similar Threads - Share game between

2. Game Pass game sharing between family members not working, Xbox console returns error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass game sharing between family members not working, Xbox console returns error...: I have an Xbox One X with a game pass purchased by me. I have installed several games for the family, but when my son tries to run the games in the same Xbox, they do not work. He receives error...
  3. Sharing games between family accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing games between family accounts: I recently purchased the Ultimate Edition of CoD: Black Ops using my principle account for Microsoft 365, and XBox. But, my son cannot see or access any of the extras included in the Ultimate...
  4. Sharing games between family members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing games between family members: Is there a way for two people in a family to share a game downloaded through one game pass subscription? My son and I would like to play a game together on two separate xboxes, I have game pass on...
  5. Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC: Dear all, This might be a bit confusing, so I will try to keep it as simplified as possible (if any more details are required, please let me know!). I have an xbox account for well over a decade...
  6. Sharing game between user accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing game between user accounts: I downloaded Forza 4 from Microsoft store to my PC account, how can my son play game on his account? a64db44d-388f-400d-a84c-d0a11c105599
  7. Can't do online play between (specifically) two consoles that are game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't do online play between (specifically) two consoles that are game sharing: Hey all! My roomate I have been Gamesharing for a few months now, and some time ago we decided to get the Iceborne DLC for Monster Hunter World. We have the DLC on his Xbox account, but since...
  8. How can we share Game Pass ultimate between 2 xbox's?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can we share Game Pass ultimate between 2 xbox's?: My son has an xbox and is always on it. My daughter brought an xbox for her room and hers was set up as the Home xbox so they could share the Game Pass ultimate which I already paid for my son. I...
  9. Sharing Game Pass Ultimate between two Microsoft Accounts Possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Game Pass Ultimate between two Microsoft Accounts Possible?: Hello! I have been looking around and asking people if there is a way for one person to have the Game pass Ultimate and then share it with a family member. I have a parent of mine who has the game...
  10. Digital games and sharing between xboxes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital games and sharing between xboxes: I set up an xbox account a year or two ago and created each of my teenagers a child account and added them as family members. I set my eldest daughters xbox one X as my home console and she was...